Super low budget turbo build help please - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Numb3r5
Question Super low budget turbo build help please

i have a 98 civic with a d16y8. 150,000 miles on it give or take.im looking to doing a very low budget turbo build. im going to use vitara pistons and rods and head bolts combo from rcautoworks.
im thinking of using GO-AUTOWORKS Garrett T3/T4 50 trim that turbo.
my goal is to hit as close to 300 hp as possible.
i thought about buying there GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo Kits kit but my problem is i only have about 2650$ to get this going and i know i need quite a few more parts such as a p28, 3 bar map, sandwich plate,oil lines, a new clutch, and not to mention a good tune. and i know there are some things im missing.i also know ive got to get the block notched and a fuel pump and bigger injectors.
so i guess what im asking is this
1)where can i get parts cheaper at?
2) is the bullseye turbos as good as the garrett?
3)is it possible to hit close to the 300 hp mark with 2650$?
4)i know its cheaper to peice together a kit,so any suggestions?
i am at a loss as to where to begin.
should i build the block first and do a break in on it then add the turbo?
would i need a tune to just run those pistons without the turbo?

i know im forgetting some things but if anyone can or is willing to point me in the right direction i would so much appreciate the help.
thanks for taking time to read this and thanks for any help and any advice.
and please dont flame me for being such a n00b.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kinky is using a feather,
being perverted is using the whole chicken.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Numb3r5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

and i also plan on taking an ass load of pics in the process of doing this build so i might be able to help others as others have helped me.
thanks again

Old 01-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

how low can you go. lol just had to say it.

First off tune if you change anything on teh car. Hell you can get better mpg and a small bump in power if you tune for header and intake. (just not worth the price to dyno it tho)

Now the budget is good but going to have to be a part by part kit.
Some people say junk yard parks are fine. I just dont like them. rather get a cheap ebay turbo and when it breaks upgrade it, thats just me.

Aslo what do you know about turbos? Because to me it seems like you just got your income tax and you wanna go fast. Also why do you need 300hp?

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Buy as much as you can used there's a turbo, manifold and down pipe for sale here for $575

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I'm all about cheap turbo builds!! look at my build thread, I recently posted my price list for what I have into my nearly complete 'kit'

As far as finding the deals? The forums are your friend!!

glwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6
to me it seems like you just got your income tax and you wanna go fast.
Cant wait to get my paws on my return$

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead
Buy as much as you can used
+1!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....

Last edited by kingyeddi; 01-25-2012 at 03:05 PM.
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

If you tune the car yourself, I can see it being done for your $2650 mark. If you have the fab skills to build it all yourself, it can be done for even cheaper than that.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

ok i want a new turbo that way i know i dont buy something that has problems or has been abused. i think the rest of it can be used parts. im just unsure of where to buy these parts. any ideas? i dont really like using ebay for much of anything.
yes my taxes should be here in a week. yes i want to go fast and i want reliability as this will be my dd.
why do i want 300 hp? im not possitive why but i want the most bang for my buck and im not possitive that i can reach that goal with that amount. im doing the build myself minus the block notching.
but most of my friends drive these p.o.s. v8s and they dont think i can keep up with them on the track. i want to prove them wrong by all means. i know that 300 hp isnt very much compared to a v8 but i know ill be a cpl thousand pounds lighter than they are so that gives me a fighting chance. lol
ive been around a few turbo cars befor and never had one. so i think its time for a change.
and besides i know my car is slowwer than a box of rocks going uphill. i just really want something fun and entertaining and learn something.
and another thing is my wifes car is a 96 with a d16y with an auto get it and it outruns my car. smh. and hers has alot more miles on it than mine. almost three tims as much honestly.
ok im going to go to search and type in used parts for sale and see what i can find. wish me luck and please again give me some ideas.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I want to see 400 when its all said and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

buy a real turbo garrett or Precision use a cast turbo manifold they dont break and are cheap look at go autoworks get a real wastgate Tial 38mm use or new better new also look at goautoworks bov ur choice blox sandwich palte or golden eagle look for a cheap intercooler kit piping and all look around on ht craglist here when u can need 60 post i think just look and you will find things cheap u also need a fuel pump walbro 255

my 1320 buid

Last edited by 1320EG6; 01-25-2012 at 03:50 PM.
1320EG6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Well ive done mines part by part and didnt break the bank. The thing with a civic too is its lighter then those v8 so not alot of power needed.
I list parts and prices in my build but then also im tuning it myself and ive fabbed my own ic pipes ,downpipe and everything else.

Also know you can always upgrade turbos later on down the road if the one you pick is to big. Turbo pickig is hard because the bigger they are the later the power comes on at and then they become more for track.

Also do you have any welding skills?

. RIP

Old 01-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

i dont think i can find 400 hp with 2650... i could only wish.
well apparently i cant find any parts for sale.
but in all honsety does 2650 sound like i can reach the 300 mark?
or do you think 275hp would be more of reach for that?
any links to parts or sales where i can find more parts that will go with that garrett turbo?
this is so frutrating using a droid phone. i click on search and when i go to type in what i want it disapears on me.!!!!!

Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320EG6 View Post
buy a real turbo garrett or Precision use a cast turbo manifold they dont break and are cheap look at go autoworks get a real wastgate Tial 38mm use or new better new also look at goautoworks bov ur choice blox sandwich palte or golden eagle look for a cheap intercooler kit piping and all look around on ht craglist here when u can need 60 post i think just look and you will find things cheap u also need a fuel pump walbro 255
thanks for the help. i planned on using go autoworks for alot of my stuff. and planned on using rcautoworks for the piston rod and arp head bolts combo. im just unsure of what size piping i need,which wastegate will be needed,i mean i know i can save everyone a headache and just call them up and see what kind of deal i can get by buying all the parts pieced together.
and i also know i want the loudest bov i can get just to be loud. lol

Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3r5 View Post
i dont think i can find 400 hp with 2650... i could only wish.
well apparently i cant find any parts for sale.
but in all honsety does 2650 sound like i can reach the 300 mark?
or do you think 275hp would be more of reach for that?
any links to parts or sales where i can find more parts that will go with that garrett turbo?
this is so frutrating using a droid phone. i click on search and when i go to type in what i want it disapears on me.!!!!!
The tune and turbo are the main thing that will effect the power levels So yea i believe that should be good price for 300.
tune around $600
Fuel injectors $200-300
obd1 ecu free if your obd1, $200 chippe and ready if your not.
Ic pipes with bov and intercooler $250
Oil lines $50-$70
Manifold $100-$250
Turbo $400 max
Downpipe $200max (more like $40 if you can weld or $100 for someone else to)
Wasetgate $100 ebayish $200 Something better
other items, plugs, filter, bolts nuts gaskets etc... $150

Total est $2620 on the high side.

*edit aww crap forgot about building the block. Bet anyways those numebrs are really high.

. RIP

Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

i would gather to say there is no money difference between 275 and 300 my build is around 1500 should hit 200 but with just better rods much more its do able you just have to look get on local fourms all you need will be up there

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Well ive done mines part by part and didnt break the bank. The thing with a civic too is its lighter then those v8 so not alot of power needed.
I list parts and prices in my build but then also im tuning it myself and ive fabbed my own ic pipes ,downpipe and everything else.

Also know you can always upgrade turbos later on down the road if the one you pick is to big. Turbo pickig is hard because the bigger they are the later the power comes on at and then they become more for track.

Also do you have any welding skills?
no i dont have any welding skills but a friend of mine does and he wont charge much of anything for the parts that need to be welded.
i wouldnt know where to begin on tuning.
but as far as engine work and such i can make my way arouind on that.

again thanks for the help.

i just wished i could find some links. it would be helpful.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
The tune and turbo are the main thing that will effect the power levels So yea i believe that should be good price for 300.
tune around $600
Fuel injectors $200-300
obd1 ecu free if your obd1, $200 chippe and ready if your not.
Ic pipes with bov and intercooler $250
Oil lines $50-$70
Manifold $100-$250
Turbo $400 max
Downpipe $200max (more like $40 if you can weld or $100 for someone else to)
Wasetgate $100 ebayish $200 Something better
other items, plugs, filter, bolts nuts gaskets etc... $150

Total est $2620 on the high side.

*edit aww crap forgot about building the block. Bet anyways those numebrs are really high.
ok you have my intrest. where in the hell are you getting these parts so damn cheap?? such as the turbo??
and im not sure as to where i can get my tune done at around here. the closest place i have found that has alot of respect is mainstream performance and that is like 3.5 hours away from me.
altho there is a place right around the corner from me but ive heard alot of bad about them and they havent been here very long so i dont think ill use them plus they charge 275 per hour. where as mainstream is alot cheaper and has better output.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Links for parts? All i know is ebay lol :P

but really just gotta look around and hunt for the best prices. Here is some help tho :

Obd2 to obd1 harness
PRe chipped ecu with base mpas loaded
Injectors
Manifold

Thats a start but really alot can be found on ebay just because its on ebay doesnt mean its crap. Jus tknow what your buying and post the links so we can check it. Also some people have brought the "ebay kit" they go for like $650-$800 but they will get you up and boosted in no time. Now you could get one of those and sell all the parts you donw need or wait i.e. turbo. Then buy what parts you need.

Searchf or a thread on here about "ebay turbo write up."

. RIP

Old 01-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

ive been going the cheap route check out this list of parst ive been keeping track of. a cheap ebay kit would have been more convenient. im going with Moded LS rods and YCP vitaras but i didnt add them to the list cause its not realy a turbo system component. all i have left turbo wise is to add a turbo drain to oil pan. i ordered a used pan cause i want everything pre fabbed cause this is my daily driver..

$75.00 DSM T25 turbo
$20.00 DSM turbo outlet flange
$65.00 HF DSM manifold adapter
$15.00 HF manifold
$23.00 Honda HF manifold gasket
$ 7.00 turbo exhaust outlet gasket
$ 6.00 turbo exhaust inlet gasket
$30.00 turbo oil feed kit
$15.00 1/8 BSP to 1/8 NPT adapter
$15.00 oil drain flange
$ 5.00 oil drain flange brass fitting
$15.00 nuts, bolts, and washers
$ 85.00 downpipe
-----$376.00-----

$ 60.00 intercooler
$ 28.98 charge pipe T clamps
$ 66.04 silicone couplings
$ 39.79 intercooler piping
$ 30.00 DSM blow off valve
$ 25.00 weld BOV flange
$ 23.97 air filter adapter hardware
-----$273.78-----

$105.00 ECU chiping and vtec conversion
$100.00 450cc DSM injectors
$ 10.00 injector clips
$ 0.00 walbro 255 fuel pump, came with the car
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Honda Civic Complete Turbo Kits DSeries 88-00 EX 1.6L SOHC VTEC I-4 127HP D16Y8 | eBay

i know the turbo isnt worth a flip. but what about the rest of this?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3r5 View Post
ok i want a new turbo that way i know i dont buy something that has problems or has been abused.
lol ok buddy new turbo that will see 300whp and be reliable... there goes almost half your funds all by itself...

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in