Honda D Series Forum banner

Largest turbo with a T25 flange?

18K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  mhamrick 
#1 ·
I think the GT28R in my build might be a bottle neck. looking for bigger turbos that will bolt to the turbo manifold.

#19 ·
I think your exhaust may be your bottleneck, not so much the turbo. Have you thought up upgrading to a 3" exhaust? The free-er flowing the exhaust, the more efficient the turbo can be. Either way, those are great numbers!

#20 ·
Yeah i know...pretty much the only thing that i have to upgrade is the exhaust system.

I will try to go to a full 3" exhaust pretty soon.

I didnt push the car too much just a couple times at 2nd gear on 16psi.

I need to go for a tune and will see what happens.

It pulls like crazy and it isnt too loud.i wish it would sound like a gt3076r but oh well...lol

#22 ·
dude, run the same setup as me on that GT30 and it will change your life, I ran a 5 bolt 3inch Vband adapter on my 18G to a custom 3" downpipe and it made a world of difference..sweet setup, post numbers ASAP cuz i'm interested in upgrading my 18G to this turbo soon as well.

#24 · (Edited)
good looking turbo my friend!:tt1: my favorite!!! make mine with a tial V-banded (.63 turbine) t3 falange though.

#30 · (Edited)
why cant you just order the better turbo snail with a t3 falange? do you know the trim of the turbine? as long as you know the inducer and exducer size of the turbine you can figure out the trim. I don't see why a supplier here wouldn't ship to greece a new turbo housing, then all you would have to do is either weld on a t3 falange to your header, or get an adapter.

here's the housing I would recommend:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-044&Category_Code=GTH

pick the .63 A/R for the gt3071 turbo and your done!!

#33 ·
why cant you just order the better turbo snail with a t3 falange? do you know the trim of the turbine? as long as you know the inducer and exducer size of the turbine you can figure out the trim. I don't see why a supplier here wouldn't ship to greece a new turbo housing, then all you would have to do is either weld on a t3 falange to your header, or get an adapter.

here's the housing I would recommend:

Turbine Housing With T3 Undivided Inlet And 3" GT V-Band Exit : atpturbo.com

pick the .63 A/R for the gt3071 turbo and your done!!
This is not a good idea. There are turbines that share the same trim. Its best to know the actual turbine itself. Like Stage 3, stage 5, O trim, P trim, etc, and so on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.