Will this cause problems? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 ryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Will this cause problems?

So i mocked up my turbo today and the ideal mounting won't work as it hits my slave cylinder and trans/engine. Ended up having to mount it like the pic below. Other than being close on the exhaust side, looks ok. What do you guys think?

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Question?
If ur asking y it didnt fit with hot side on the left then its because the compresor is probably to big.
And yea the way u have it in the pix will work just find as long as u dont plan on putting n ac.
Tons of people r running setups the way u have pictured.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by xile6; 01-24-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: cellphone kb crappyness
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!
wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!

Has there ever been an exhaust spacer for the Honda engines? There's a 1/2" spacer for AllTrac engines; it helps to clear the CT26's wastegate on the block-side... it may be worth looking in to. Either that or find a local machine shop to whittle one out of steel stock?

Otherwise it looks close but should work; and who needs A/C since turbos are cooler than that?

1985 4Runner: 22RE w/ engnbldr head, 261* cam and O/S valves, 5.29 gears, Detroit front locker, E-Locker rear, girlfriend-bought 38" tires, 4" AllPro lift, dual t-cases, hi steer and an increasing amount of body damage. But that's what it's for; it's not a Jeep.

Quote:
There's no reason a car built on a Fairmont chassis with a Pinto engine and Lincoln brakes should work this well, but it does!
wakkjobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkjobb View Post
Has there ever been an exhaust spacer for the Honda engines? There's a 1/2" spacer for AllTrac engines; it helps to clear the CT26's wastegate on the block-side... it may be worth looking in to. Either that or find a local machine shop to whittle one out of steel stock?

Otherwise it looks close but should work; and who needs A/C since turbos are cooler than that?

Extended studs and exhaust flange. Seen it done on here before. Someone upgraded a greddy kit.

. RIP

Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

H22 slave cylinder

Problem solved.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 ryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Question?
If ur asking y it didnt fit with hot side on the left then its because the compresor is probably to big.
And yea the way u have it in the pix will work just find as long as u dont plan on putting n ac.
Tons of people r running setups the way u have pictured.
I know the compressor is what was keeping it from fitting lol, that's why I spun it around. And definitely no AC. Probably gonna take out power steering too.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k View Post
H22 slave cylinder

Problem solved.
Still hits the engine. Thought about notching the webbing but that wont help either.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

H22 slave and aluminum grinding disk.....and turn that puppy around....

On a side note you need to put the bolts back in that hold the compressor cover on.....you need at least a couple for mockup....it'd be really easy for it to come off and chip/ break some fins rendering your turbo usless

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
H22 slave and aluminum grinding disk.....and turn that puppy around....

On a side note you need to put the bolts back in that hold the compressor cover on.....you need at least a couple for mockup....it'd be really easy for it to come off and chip/ break some fins rendering your turbo usless
I'm not sure i could grind enough away lol, but ill check in to it, and yeah had the bolts out cause i was changing the o-ring inside there. they were out only for a minute. i actually put a few in before i pulled it out so the housing wouldn't come off.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i stuffed an hx35 in mine

pic of h22 slave and block grinding

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno_rx8 View Post
I know the compressor is what was keeping it from fitting lol, that's why I spun it around. And definitely no AC. Probably gonna take out power steering too.
was half sleep replying from the cell read it wrong lol. but yea grind down where it hits or use an exhuast flange as a spacer if you want to keep it that way. Other then that leave it as pictured. It helps with cooling because the turbo isnt tucked up in the motor and air can flow over and around it.

. RIP

Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

so it doesnt matter what direction the turbine spins?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

UNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

It's not goin to change the direction it spins. Exhaust is still going into the exhaust side.
UNDERSTIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERSTIMATED View Post
It's not goin to change the direction it spins. Exhaust is still going into the exhaust side.
i was curious because i thought the fins had to have the air flow a certain direction like a fan
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

^^ i was curiuos about this as well, thats why i was double checking.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
i was curious because i thought the fins had to have the air flow a certain direction like a fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno_rx8 View Post
^^ i was curiuos about this as well, thats why i was double checking.
lol. blow on a spiny wheel which way does it turn? It will only spin one way because of how the its design.
Air comes in the hole and pushes down, the fins turn because they have little cups.

You cant back push the cups to turn the other way the air would just skip over them. So answer is no.
The turbo will only spin one way no matter how its mounted. upside down, side ways, flipped round or what not.

. RIP

Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
lol. blow on a spiny wheel which way does it turn? It will only spin one way because of how the its design.
Air comes in the hole and pushes down, the fins turn because they have little cups.

You cant back push the cups to turn the other way the air would just skip over them. So answer is no.
The turbo will only spin one way no matter how its mounted. upside down, side ways, flipped round or what not.
hell yeah sir. thanks!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in