Is this really a Gt28rs? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Is this really a Gt28rs?

Hi,

The seller of this turbo told me that it's a gt28rs.
Can someone confirm this? It came from a Fiat Coupe 20V T.

Thanks,
Justinb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I can't really make out any useful information from those pics.

You might try looking up the assembly numbers on Garrett's website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

take a marker and rub it across the plate it will make the numbers show up better. Kinda like a pencil, paper , and a penny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I thought all the gt series turbo were aftermarket only. I'd be inclined to think that it is t28.

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 sdubfid is learning the way of the Dsdubfid is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Take the cover off and measure the inducer and exducer
Old 01-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Looks like a T3.

Sure as fuck isn't a gt28rs.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Punch the seller in the face for trying to scam you. TB2810 is not a gt28.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 nihkon is learning the way of the Dnihkon is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
Take the cover off and measure the inducer and exducer
^this.
Even after using the numbers on the riveted number plate, I still had to do some measuring, then back-checking with Garrett's website to confirm what turbo I had. Looks like you'll have to do the same.
nihkon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
Punch the seller in the face for trying to scam you. TB2810 is not a gt28.
I thought the same. Just found a few minutes ago on the internet that a stock turbo from a Fiat Coupe 20V is a TB2810.

But now i'm for sure it isn't a Gt28rs.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

there are stock gt28s they came on nissan srs i have one haha but thats some bullshit id get some money back

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

I didn't buy it yet. So i will search further for a disco potato
Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

That is not a GT2860RS, you can tell just by looking at the compressor cover.

It looks like a GT2560R, commonly called a "T28", not a bad turbo for <250 hp.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Actually......

The best method is to unbolt the comp cover and measure the compressor wheel. It should be 47.2mm (1.890") inducer and 60mm exducer (2.365").

It is not a T3. It does have some of the correct looking parts to be a GT2860RS. Yes they have used GT line turbos on OEM applications. The S15 turbo is GT28R (or GT2560R in the new line).

If it is a GT2560R it will be 46.5mm inducer and 60mm exducer.

It is also highly unlikely that they used ball bearing in the turbo. Yes Garrett makes GT line turbos without ball bearings. Personally I would prefer it NOT to have the ball bearings.

How much are they asking? Garrett sells OEM turbos that are GT line turbos. Its actually where the bulk of their turbo line goes too.

Also do not over worked by the Garrett lingo. The new GT line is yesterdays T28 stuff. Yesterdays T28 is the 70's T3. If you look at compressor specs you will find out the the GT2860RS has the same compressor as the Super 60 T3 turbo. The GT2560R has a 60 trim T3 compressor. The GT2259 is nothing more then T3 50 trim compressor. I could go on and on. What makes the newer turbos special is the ball bearings. Even the turbines are the same head design as the older T28 turbos. You can use the older Nissan T25 turbine housing on the GT2860RS. All Garrett did was slap a new name on the line-up and add a "snappy" GT nomenclature and as the Great "Emeril Lagasse" would say

BAM!!!!

You have the GT line of turbos.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I just looked it up for you. It s the same as the later S13 and S14 Nissan T28 turbos.

42.5mm inducer and 60mm exducer

It is somewhat smaller then the GT2560R and GT2860RS but it will still perform fairly decent. It may have ball bearings on the compressor side, it may not. Some turbos are funny like that. The early S13 that were T28 and not T25 in Japan had ball bearings. The ones that were exported did not.

Do not confuse compressor side ball bearings witha full ball bearing cartridge though. They had a ball bearing pack on the compressor side but not the turbine side. They were basically half and half.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

^ that sounds retarded but also not suprising i did not know that you can swap housings like that good to know

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in