n2o setup input - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default n2o setup input

so my y7 is burning oil at 180k so i took it apart and put in some eagles with some wiseco pistons, now plz don't say just go turbo or blah blah, i want some input on a nitrous setup since i have forged internals now i might want to push it to 100 or 125 shot, but i'm starting out with nitrous so im gonna follow the usual advice of starting low, my goals are really not that high just 200whp-220whp with the shot, the engine is pretty much stock other than the usual cheap i/h/e and the new rods/pistons, i do have a chipped ecu going in and willing to get a wideband if its recommended for the setup

so any input on what nitrous kit to buy or any links for any websites that sell kits or components is great

for the moment i don't want to go with a direct port setup i want to learn first and go with the single nozzle wet or maybe dry if its really worth it...
crows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

If you are running anything over 50hp shot go with a wet kit...hell any hp shot go with the wet kit much safer than dry as it adds fuel to the spray.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

wet

zex

search

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

as said wetter is better. Zex is great no brainier kit. Just get there window switch and wot switch and your be all set.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Direct port dry with tuning for fuel and ignition would be best.

A single nozzle wet setup at 100 shot is asking for trouble. Lots of people have gotten away with it and even more have melted pistons.

Your engine is EFI, that means that the intake manifold was not designed to have fuel in it, only air. By spraying fuel into it with a shitty nozzle you are almost guaranteed to not have equal fuel distribution between cylinders and even worse fuel drop-out into the plenum.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen50 View Post
wet

zex

search
This, I have had this kit on my car for a while with no issues, in fact I just got their window switch installed. Zex= best nitrous products

My Build Thread

1995 EJ1 (Totalled)

1994 EJ1 ( in progress)

HondaGuy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I disagree with that as well. Zex is better than NOS, but thats not saying much.
When it comes to the american kit makers NX is the best, but they are not immune to idiocy either. They just have decent solenoids (lightning) and nozzles (shark/SHO).

WON makes the best kits out there if you ahve the coin.
NOS Nitrous Kits | Wizards of NOS
Old 01-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
I disagree with that as well. Zex is better than NOS, but thats not saying much.
When it comes to the american kit makers NX is the best, but they are not immune to idiocy either. They just have decent solenoids (lightning) and nozzles (shark/SHO).

WON makes the best kits out there if you ahve the coin.
NOS Nitrous Kits | Wizards of NOS
I known people in the past that have had NX they are a good company and make good products as well. I just know that zex stands behind their products and I've never had an issue and I had my kit for years. I agree with you on that. I would would not use a NOS product.

My Build Thread

1995 EJ1 (Totalled)

1994 EJ1 ( in progress)

Last edited by HondaGuy8; 01-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.
HondaGuy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 Finnish_EK_Racer  is slowly gaining respectFinnish_EK_Racer  is slowly gaining respectFinnish_EK_Racer  is slowly gaining respectFinnish_EK_Racer  is slowly gaining respectFinnish_EK_Racer  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

how about port injection on the underside of each IM runner right underneath the injector?
Finnish_EK_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

ive read somewhere that the nx nozzles are better for atomization than any other, i need to order a kit without a bottle because of shipping charges, i can buy the bottle locally, i seem to be having trouble finding the zex kit for the civic application i remember finding a part number for it like a year ago now i can't find anything.. i saw the proton kit on the NX web site with no bottle for $335

Nitrous Express Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems PROTON SERIES NITROUS SYSTEM WITHOUT BOTTLE

has the piranha nozzle and the boxed selenoids, some people say these boxed selenoids are not the best...

i plan on getting..

1. kit no bottle
2. bottle
3. tps switch
4. window switch

maybe ill get
- wideband
- lean condition switch (it needs the wideband i think)

going for 50 shot learn how it all works then go to the 75 shot, then as fulltilt said ill just go with the DP dry and tune it
Old 01-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

NX makes the best nozzles when it comes to the american makers. I havent seen back to back testing but I suspect that the WON crossfire nozzle would outperform the NX stuff.

Nozzle Shootout

The difference between a bad nozzle (NOS) and a good nozzle (NX). Same jetting, same car, back to back testing:

Of course the best performing would be dry with the injectors enriching fuel...
Old 01-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Default !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95hatchkid View Post
If you are running anything over 50hp shot go with a wet kit...hell any hp shot go with the wet kit much safer than dry as it adds fuel to the spray.
just because you can doesn't mean you should. I believe wet kits were intiially designed for carbed engines because the carb has fuel added to it as well as air. fuel doesnt go in an intake! air does!!!
Del-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen50 View Post
wet

zex

search
yep because all he has to do now is to simply click my nitrous install in my sig for guidance lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Slow View Post
just because you can doesn't mean you should. I believe wet kits were initially designed for carbed engines because the carb has fuel added to it as well as air. fuel doesnt go in an intake! air does!!!

.................. i believe you need to do alot of digging............ but i will stop posting and sit back and watch how well someone knows there stuff or how to use the search function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish_EK_Racer View Post
how about port injection on the underside of each IM runner right underneath the injector?
Thats what im working on now i can get you pics on what i did if you want
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

Last edited by 2drz6; 01-19-2012 at 03:45 PM.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

the only problem ive had with (nos) was the solenoids going bad on me over time. and i would say if you had money yes NX is the way to go. and overall i like the NX product line over zex.

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.
owneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

what is the usual spot to tap for fuel? i don't want to cut the rubber hose, i guess getting a fuel rail would be super clean... i might want to try and hide the system on the engine bay
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owneyboy View Post
the only problem ive had with (nos) was the solenoids going bad on me over time. and i would say if you had money yes NX is the way to go. and overall i like the NX product line over zex.
Yep thats pretty common. NOS solenoids are basically a re-purposed solenoid that is not rated for the high pressures of liquid nitrous. To fix this they make the seat out of a soft material in hopes of making it seal under the pressure, but over time the seat will deform and it will start leaking, especially if youre pulsing them.
If you want a progressive setup you reeeeeally need good solenoids.

At the same time, dont fall for the gimmicks. When NX first started they made a big deal about their solenoids being made of stainless, saying that aluminum solenoids were inferior. Now, years later, their best solenoids are fully aluminum. Edelbrock says the same thing today with their stainless solenoids.

This is what youre really looking for in a solenoid, a good path of nitrous flow, with minimum sharp corners and minumum room for expansion (these things cause the liquid nitrous to turn into a gas).

Generic solenoid (found in most kits:

NX big solenoid (what I used on my last setup):

WON solenoid (what ill use on my next nitrous setup):
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

anyone know which tuning software has integrated nitrous control? crome? ectune? neptune? i might just skip the window switch and all that for the actual software and just tune it and apply the nitrous control features..
Old 01-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 NemaN will become famous soon enoughNemaN will become famous soon enoughNemaN will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Is ZEX cone air filter good solution? Anyone used it?
NemaN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

If youre gonna do nitrous just do it right the first time a direct port dry system is still cheap but safe...all you need is a distribution block, line, and 4 nozzles. bam done!

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

i made this thread to get input so i can do it right the first time, only a direct port kit does not come already done for the stock manifold it requires work, and as i understand it you need to know what you are doing when bending the plumbing for the nozzles, so as i said i'm am new to nitrous and the best way i have found to start is a wet single fogger kit and start at a low shot and work my way up, anyway i still have some unanswered questions

can ectune or neptune control the nitrous?

what is so wrong with a wet direct port that you guys recommend the dp dry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in