safest shot on a stock block? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default safest shot on a stock block?

whats the safest spray shot on a stock d series block? eventually im going to build up the D but its always good to make some power before XD
Del-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Safest?
Zero horsepower shot.

Safe?
Depends on which D youre talking about.

Also, search.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

50 shot but you need a wideband or egt, but nothing is completly safe.. i ran a 75 for a while on my old car but i was always pulling the plugs to read and on top of everything

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

lsturbohatch10 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lsturbohatch10

I ran 75 on a stock z6 for a year and never had a problem. bumped it up to 100 for a few months with no problem. bumped it up to 125 for one night and destroyed a piston

but if you dont have any experience with nitrous or tuning i wouldnt go over a 50. start out with a low shot. like a 30 and work your way up slowly. check your plugs often, invest in a wideband, and learn to use your ems well and you'll be alright

active REP WHORE. you rep me i rep you back, on a mission to 3000 rep points
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
but thats what d-series is all about. cheap affordable performance.

Last edited by lsturbohatch10; 01-18-2012 at 05:52 AM.
lsturbohatch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Toss in a set of BKR7Es or R5671As, fill it with premium, throw a 75 shot at it. It'll take it. The clutch probably won't if it's stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

nothing safe stock with spray, with wide band you be okay with 50 shot I honestly wouldn't go past 75 though
Ekd16turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Shit spray in general is ghetto, IMO.

You know you can find Turbo kits on craigslist for 5-600. Close to a Nitrous set up.

Read up on how to use a butt dyno and I think that would be "Safer"
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect1320EG6  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Stay under 50 and u should be safe with some better plugs and 91 or higher octane and some timing but keep an eye on the plugs

my 1320 buid
1320EG6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
I COMPLETELY disagree.

Most people dont understand how nitrous works or how to setup a nitrous system in a way to make is safe and effective. This goes for the companies making the nitrous kits as well.
The way people are running nitrous hasnt changed much from when it first hit the market in the 70s. Imagine if turbo kits hadnt changed since then? People would still be non-intercooled with no wastegates using exhaust restriction to control boost.

Youre going to be power limited by the rods with nitrous just as you would be with boost, assuming that you dont have detonation. Thats the trick, and thats the difference between a good nitrous setup and a bad one, detonation.
You have a manifold that was never designed to have fuel in it and youre trying to feed 4 cylinders with equal amounts of fuel and nitrous from a single nozzle. Its a recipe for disaster.
With a small shot, its okay if the distribution is awful because you have enough headroom to not melt a piston. But then you go up to a 100 shot and youve got 40% of that shot going into one cylinder, or one cylinder thats the fuel is not reaching because its dropping out into the manifold, suddenly youre melting pistons.

As far as Im concered, there are 2 ways to do nitrous on a Honda
1) 50-75 shot dry using adjusted fuel pressure (ZEX dry kit)
2) 100+ shot direct port dry with tuning for fuel and ignition retard
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
I COMPLETELY disagree.

Most people dont understand how nitrous works or how to setup a nitrous system in a way to make is safe and effective. This goes for the companies making the nitrous kits as well.
The way people are running nitrous hasnt changed much from when it first hit the market in the 70s. Imagine if turbo kits hadnt changed since then? People would still be non-intercooled with no wastegates using exhaust restriction to control boost.

Youre going to be power limited by the rods with nitrous just as you would be with boost, assuming that you dont have detonation. Thats the trick, and thats the difference between a good nitrous setup and a bad one, detonation.
You have a manifold that was never designed to have fuel in it and youre trying to feed 4 cylinders with equal amounts of fuel and nitrous from a single nozzle. Its a recipe for disaster.
With a small shot, its okay if the distribution is awful because you have enough headroom to not melt a piston. But then you go up to a 100 shot and youve got 40% of that shot going into one cylinder, or one cylinder thats the fuel is not reaching because its dropping out into the manifold, suddenly youre melting pistons.

As far as Im concered, there are 2 ways to do nitrous on a Honda
1) 50-75 shot dry using adjusted fuel pressure (ZEX dry kit)
2) 100+ shot direct port dry with tuning for fuel and ignition retard
I been running Spry for years now on my Auto civic, I agree with everything you say exect for one thing. Do not use the dry kit, I would get the wet kit, you'll make a little more power and it is safer

My Build Thread

1995 EJ1 (Totalled)

1994 EJ1 ( in progress)

HondaGuy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

click my nitrous install in my sig, for guidance.
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy8 View Post
I been running Spry for years now on my Auto civic, I agree with everything you say exect for one thing. Do not use the dry kit, I would get the wet kit, you'll make a little more power and it is safer
Its not safer.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

Quote:
Epic fail.

Nitrous is much like turbo...if you cheap out you get shit and can fuck shit up...if you spend the money and do it RIGHT its just as safe and damn near just as powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy8 View Post
Full of fail, You can make the same amount of hp on both. People that are running dry are converting to wet because now since they released a unit that in a nut shell is like boost by gear 75 shot in first 125 shot in second and 200 shot 3rd n 4th ect. I am running a DRY direct port on my car, if you have hondata S300 it will control EVERYTHING. Engaging, rpm window switch, fuel, timing ect. The world record for a Nitrous B-series is on a dry shot...so please do some reading.

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I think my car needs to be bottle fed...

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
Its not safer.
rep.

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Quote:

You know you can find Turbo kits on craigslist for 5-600. Close to a Nitrous set up.

Read up on how to use a butt dyno and I think that would be "Safer"
What????
There is nothing wrong with Nitrous!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 blackstar_1 is learning the way of the Dblackstar_1 is learning the way of the D

Its all in the tune!
blackstar_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar_1 View Post
Its all in the tune!
didnt tune mine, didnt blow up just spun a bearing on the part that i didnt change the oil.
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Spray the mains out of it.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
No Tune No Life!

Rep Power: 18 Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drag4life723

100 shot all day direct port!
D16Z6 12.5:1cr [email protected] NA [email protected] 55shot

Drag4life723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in