Turbo balancing services - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Turbo balancing services

Alright, so i decided to rebuild my DSM T25, and ya, like an idiot i neglected to SEARCH, before i tore it apart. So now....i need to have it balanced.

I was wondering what companies you guys would suggest sending it to, i've googled turbo balancing servicing (es), and found alot of companies that do the job, but i was hoping to get some feedback from personal experiences, as to which companies i should pursue, and which ones to avoid.

United States companies only please.
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

USED CHEAP TURBOS | San Diego Rebuilding T3 T4 Turbo Parts

That's where I got mine done.

Here's the actual "product" page Turbo Balancing Service | Turbo Rebuild | Used Turbos

They cleaned and balanced my shit right up and were fast, friendly, and helpful

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Did you measure the bearing bores? You have a .0005" tolerance (to give you an idea a sheet of printer paper is 8 times thicker). If you don't have the tools to measure or have not measured you are wasting money and time. Most do not take care of their turbos like they should. Meaning that you will most likely need to have plus sized bearings and have the housing bored as well.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

phuk ....alright...add in rebuild servicing as well now.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gus
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Gus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I have heard a lot of good about these guys. May be worth a call:

Diesel Components | Diesel engine parts
Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 blackstar_1 is learning the way of the Dblackstar_1 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You will spend alot more trying to fix this turbo than if u just bought another one. Rebuilding turbos is not the cheapest thing in the world and you should be able to find a stock one in great shat for 150 or less mabey even free if u go on the dsm websites
blackstar_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Any recommended (BBB) Diesel shops in your local area should be about to do it without the hassle of mailing anything.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Any shop that rebuilds turbos for generators and semi's is going to be a good choice.

Tractor shops can be a source, I know some of the generators Ive trained on have John Deere motors, and they have a small/medium but very potent turbo on there. Some of the generators have over 1,500 hours run time on the original build. Just services like fluids and filters on schedule and daily inspections.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

hmmmmm...well...I was hoping to get feedback from members that have had their stuff rebuilt. and their experience with the shop. but I appreciate the alternative with the diesel stuff.
i'm pretty commited to the t25 for this build. and I feel that id be better of in the long run with a rebuilt. mine had minimal/slight shaft play, but after I tore it apart I found the seals were shot.
makes more sense to rebuild then to gamble on another second hand snail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in