Using 14B with compressor side to DR side - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx
Default Using 14B with compressor side to DR side

Anyone else doing this, or any other DSM turbo. Just seems like it will make my life a lot easier to mount it with the compressor housing towards the driver side. They normally would mount with it towards the passenger side, seeing as they use a side mount. Everything looks to clear from just a quick mock up on my spare block, but that's not acounting for the radiator. Halp?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 debow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

i have seen a guy with a 1g that has done this all he did was flipped it around

here is the add for the dsm i have seen with it flipped
1991 Eagle talon awd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

360 gamertag, kmxx62

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO GO TO
AND SEARCH BE FOR YOU ASK ANYTHING ON THE FORUMS?!
debow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!

Hmmmm, so I assume it will work? Just trying to be sure I can do this before I tap the pan.

< Like us on FB

Old 01-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Please elaborate.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

T25 with compressor on the driver's side:

(I know it is a crappy small pic, but, it is what it is.)

The issue I had with it was finding a filter that would fit in the space with the Hf manifold I was running. Intercooler piping was interesting.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

You don't happen to have any pics of the piping eh? The 14B has a J-pipe that bolts on instead of just an outlet, which looks like I'm going to have to cut and have rewelded at a better angle.

< Like us on FB
Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

worst case scenario you take and cut off the J part of the part so it just has a normal compressor outlet look

DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 debow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respect

i sent the guy with the 1g dsm a email to see if he will send me some pix of how he did it i will post back if he emails me any info back

360 gamertag, kmxx62

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO GO TO
AND SEARCH BE FOR YOU ASK ANYTHING ON THE FORUMS?!
debow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

I don't, actually. The car is all apart now waiting for me to get off my lazy behind and mount the new FMIC, though I think I am going to be making it a backdoor setup.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Matt, that air filter you have in that pic really, really sucks.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

not sure if these help but ... this setup has been on a friends crx for a while. i personally ran a "evo 3" 16g on my lsv with the comp facing driver side with a j-pipe *90 with a filter it cleared fine. but it was in a "eg"

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.

Last edited by owneyboy; 01-13-2012 at 10:18 PM.
owneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!

j shaped couplers and you're done.

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!

Last edited by cmgreen50; 01-13-2012 at 10:49 PM.
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
Matt, that air filter you have in that pic really, really sucks.
I know. It was the only thing I could find to fit when I needed something, and I think JUST a screen is a terrible idea. It will be fixed before I drive the car regularly again.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Throw some panty hose over the screen. Change one a month. They were $0.33 at Wal Mart and it comes with two, because the ladies have two legs. And the funny thing is, you spend $2.00 on some and you have filters for all year.

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

If you use it, towards the drivers side and use the DSM J-bend, it is perfect for a backdoor intercooler. That's what I did back in 2002.
You can see it a little in the picture, i'll try to find a better one.

Last edited by slowturbocx; 01-14-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: new picture
slowturbocx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Here's what I did. I cut the stock "J" pipe at the base and leaned it out toward the drivers fender a to get a bit more angle, and then welded it to a short section of stock exhaust of an eg hatch. The downpipe was a couple of 90's I had a local muffler shop crush bend (no mandrel benders around here). The waste gate dump is another chunk of the eg exhaust. All done with the trusty flux core welder. No filter.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxdonwon View Post
Throw some panty hose over the screen. Change one a month. They were $0.33 at Wal Mart and it comes with two, because the ladies have two legs. And the funny thing is, you spend $2.00 on some and you have filters for all year.
Both legs? You're pulling better tail than I

No, I just wondered if it would be feasible, it looked like it would, just didn't wanna do it if not. I really might do your trick donwon, if I can't route a filter.

Backdoor IC won't work, I'm running full size radiator. Plus, I already have my fmic, and am out of funds. For the downpipe, I'm using the stock t25 o2 housing, and gonna just get local shop to make me a downpipe, which unfortunately won't be mandrel here either.

< Like us on FB
Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowturbocx View Post
If you use it, towards the drivers side and use the DSM J-bend, it is perfect for a backdoor intercooler. That's what I did back in 2002.
You can see it a little in the picture, i'll try to find a better one.

nice setup
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
T25 with compressor on the driver's side:

(I know it is a crappy small pic, but, it is what it is.)

The issue I had with it was finding a filter that would fit in the space with the Hf manifold I was running. Intercooler piping was interesting.
this is the first time i've seen your motor matt....cool!!!
and I would have to say it wouldn't take much to make that think sparkle. if I lived closer by I would come over and make you work on it!!!!lol..
You need a MANIFOLD and a 50trim homie!!! ditch that hf choker!! you would see sooooo much better gains. btw I love the optima.. nice choice. that dohc needs a 300hp makeover... and a nice backdoor intercooler to compliment the turbo setup and reduce spool. cmon matt you know you want to! you need to start wupping up on some b-series. I gave you the blueprint now get to work!! lol...

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]

Last edited by arny213; 01-14-2012 at 09:28 AM.
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

Better pics of the ic setup on that hatch?? that's pretty wicked
Uno_Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in