6.0l powerstoke diesel turbos, i has questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 MEERVINCENT is learning the way of the DMEERVINCENT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default 6.0l powerstoke diesel turbos, i has questions

i found a 6.0 VGTurbo for 100$ but have no idea if i could use it on a honda or not.

here's a cut-away
http://www.fordtechservice.dealercon...6lvgtguide.pdf

and a bunch more info
VGT turbo ABC's - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

more info*
here's a guy using one on a 7.3l diesel, sounds like the vgt can be manually controlled and oil issues can be resolved with a small electric oil pump
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-...wd-launch.html

it has an electronically controlled solenoid that controls oil pressure being fed to the turbo changing the vein position. considering the size of the engine its coming from i would imagine having them locked in the "smallest" position would be just fine. I don't think I've ever seen one of these turbos used on a Honda, or anything other then a ford truck. any of you turbo guru's have an idea's as to if this turbo would be even usable?

Last edited by MEERVINCENT; 01-12-2012 at 04:00 PM.
MEERVINCENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

you run into probleme whit that turbo simply buy a knock off from ebay and run it and when that clone die rebuilt it whit garret rebuilt kit

Last edited by dan-lee; 01-12-2012 at 03:01 PM.
dan-lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

It's a awsome idea that they use on it, but its going to be a pita to adapt to the D.
If its not too big, go for it!
( I was actually just looking at one similar to that we were puting on a diesel rebuild this last weekend)
HB turbo--> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 MEERVINCENT is learning the way of the DMEERVINCENT is learning the way of the D

i was actually panning on using it with a stroked gs-r (ls crank) likely punched over at least a mm or 2. if the bigger holsets work with a built d spinning this thing should be no problem. in one of the threads i was reading on them a guy got a rebuild kit from garret so i think I'm gonna start looking there.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-lee View Post
you run into probleme whit that turbo simply buy a knock off from ebay and run it and when that clone die rebuilt it whit garret rebuilt kit
GTFO!!!! FUCK cdm junk!!!

Seen a guy control it using a internal WG.

Jswap 4dr
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boost 4dr
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
GTFO!!!! FUCK cdm junk!!!

Seen a guy control it using a internal WG.
got any links?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Idk its a bitch to control the vgt on those turbo motor and in my opinion not a reliable way too keep boost in check... I did a bunch oh reaserch because I was going to use a vgt holset from 6.7
spadesEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

in the last link on my first post there is a guy that claimed to have manual control of the vgt, im thinking if that's the can why wouldn't you be able to simply set it to one position and leave it there
Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ill find a link for you
Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

I don't know if it will work the same on garrett turbo... either way the vgt it there to help the turbo spool faster so I think it would take a lot of tinkering to find the perfect adjustment for your application

Holset he351 VGT is goin on my car - DSM Forums
Old 01-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Login

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

turboprelude95 to big for fast spool like t28/18g for your vgt is another break possibility

i see my friend ek hatch whit ebay kit run 3 year the turbo fail due to cheap oil pass

in my book i see t3t4 on ebay at 200$ take that and when it fail rebuilt it and have better powerband and fast spool !
dan-lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Its alot of trouble for not a whole lot of gain. And ive also heard of the vanes melting because they get too hot.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I've always wondered if you could control it with an old internal wastegate and a mac valve/s300 the same way you would do boost by gear.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

I've heard that the AEM EMS can be used to control VGT. But I just found this on a DSM forum which goes into a bit of the logistics of actually getting one to work.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 blackstar_1 is learning the way of the Dblackstar_1 is learning the way of the D

If You choose to buy a chines turbo have it rebuilt before you put it on most turbo repair shops charge extra for cleaning
blackstar_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in