Turbo wont go past 8psi? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Turbo wont go past 8psi?

i hate to make 2 threads in the same day kinda makes me feel like a post whore but im stumped here.. anyways ive been running a 8psi spring in my tial 38mm for weeks with no problems.. went today and put in a 11.5 psi spring, went out for a session and the guage never went above 8.5psi..ok so i think maybe the filters dirty, take it off, no better... burn another chip with a boost cut at 9.2 psi incase my guage was wronge and nothing , no boost cut still at 8.5psi...hits the 8psi at 4500 and holds all the way,you can hear the wastegate open all the way until you let off... the tial is brand new, alonge with bov, piping, etc..its like no matter what i try it stops at 8.5psi..any help would be greatly appreciated

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D

checked the turbo, it has no in and out play, and a litte up and down play... when i bought the turbo it had some dried up burnt oil on the bottom side of the turbine housing.. it dosent smoke out the exhaust, and theres no oil in the charge pipe, after a long pull through a few gears if you stop sometimes it will smoke a hair form where a drop leaked out the turbine side on the outside

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 01-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-tecivic

any leaks in the intercooler pipes, couplers, or intake manifold?
v-tecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

im going to do a pressure test tommorow, but all the couplers are new, and the piping has only one split on both sides.. i really really dout being how they all fit nice and tight its that but you cant rule it out till you try.. if i had a leak at the intake manifold wouldnet it idel rough or high? ill spray some starting fluid it tommorow when i get sunlight and see if it idels up

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 01-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

U tuned for it? Other then that how is the wastegate hooked up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yes i was tuned pretty pefect at 11.5afr across the board in boost, the bottom port on the wastegate is going to nipple on the compressor side of the turbo

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 01-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Did whoever tune it install a boost cut? Though . . . Most boost cuts are like hitting a brick wall . . .

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yes i installed one but it was at 11.2 psi and my guage was only reading 8.5.. ive hit boost cut before and its really obvious, so its not that.. it spools the 8.5 very easy then it just stops and holds, when i had the 6 psi spring in, it held that, then i went to 8 and it was fine there but i put a 10psi spring in and it only went to 8 so i thought maybe from the spring being old it lost its pressure, which is where i went to a 11.5 and it still stayed at 8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Did whoever tune it install a boost cut? Though . . . Most boost cuts are like hitting a brick wall . . .

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 flyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to flyinryan122

Pull the vacuum line off the gate, see if it goes above 8 psi then watch the gauge and let off the second it goes above 8-9psi. What color were the two wg springs?

Golden Eagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, TiAL, Hondata, CG Racing.

Quote:
Our goals are to fuck shit up with a single cam
flyinryan122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

what flyinryan said eliminate it being a w/g problem pull off the vacuume line.....and carfully boost and see if it will go to 9-10psi then let off if so then its a w/g problem, if not its something else

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Probably going to sound silly but I know a couple people that have made this mistake. When playing around with the turbo you didn't drop the comp side gasket?
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

im not shure i understand which gasket your talking about, the one between the turbo and manidold? ill try and pull the line and see wat happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamrick View Post
Probably going to sound silly but I know a couple people that have made this mistake. When playing around with the turbo you didn't drop the comp side gasket?

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

So the only mechanical thing you touched was the waste gate? If so the problem can only be there. Pull the waste gate of again and inspect it. Or maybe the new spring is another 7-8psi spring instead of a 11.5psi. How much boost are you trying to run? A 7psi spring should hold 14psi plus with a boost controller.

D-series Competition Clutch stg4 4sale $200
zeenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Yes the only thing I changed was the spring, I thought maybe it was a wronge spring but twice I highly dout it, I tried a big yellow which is 10psi, then a brand new red which is 11.5.. I really only want 10, and I prefer to use no boost controller right now and let the wastegte control it.. ill pull the top of the wg off after I pull the line on the way home rom work but the diaphram is nice and clean with no rips or pinchs, and moves up and down easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenman1 View Post
So the only mechanical thing you touched was the waste gate? If so the problem can only be there. Pull the waste gate of again and inspect it. Or maybe the new spring is another 7-8psi spring instead of a 11.5psi. How much boost are you trying to run? A 7psi spring should hold 14psi plus with a boost controller.

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
Yes the only thing I changed was the spring, I thought maybe it was a wronge spring but twice I highly dout it, I tried a big yellow which is 10psi, then a brand new red which is 11.5.. I really only want 10, and I prefer to use no boost controller right now and let the wastegte control it.. ill pull the top of the wg off after I pull the line on the way home rom work but the diaphram is nice and clean with no rips or pinchs, and moves up and down easily
What about a fire ring? Was the boost leak test done? A gasket between the wg and the manifold?

DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Can you datalog?
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Yes it has a Fire ring, no gasket between manifold and wg,I thought I read u didn't need that's what the fire ring dose.. just posted this yesterday and haven't had time to buy the stuff to test it.

No I can't datalog, why what u thinking aboutdoing with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaMer View Post
What about a fire ring? Was the boost leak test done? A gasket between the wg and the manifold?

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
Yes it has a Fire ring, no gasket between manifold and wg,I thought I read u didn't need that's what the fire ring dose.. just posted this yesterday and haven't had time to buy the stuff to test it.

No I can't datalog, why what u thinking aboutdoing with that?
The gasket I am referring to is between the compressor cover and the back plate. It will either be an o ring or a paper gasket. If you clocked the comp cover they are easy to tear or even fall out.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Ej1Zcz6 is learning the way of the DEj1Zcz6 is learning the way of the D

another thing to check since i see you have the tail wg and ive seen a lot of people do it when they put the nipple on the hole gets plugged... try what flyinryan said and if that works then check that nipple use a flashlight and you should be able to see in it
Ej1Zcz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

just got home from work and pulled the wategate hose on the way home and once it spooled up it wrapped right to 13 before i let off with no problem so its somthing in the wastegate or somehow i got 2 bad springs.. un fortunatly i came home early from work because i think im coming down with a pretty bad cold so i dout ill be out of bed before the sun gos down tonight..any ideals what im looking for, its a brand new tial, no tears, and nothing is pinched.. ive also had the vac line from the wg ran to the vac block on intake manifold, and on the turbo both with the same results

wouldent the wastegate hole being plugged cause to much boost, almost like not having it on..

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in