t25 question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default t25 question

i know that the t25 is a very small turbo which spool pretty fast and max out at 250 hp 14 psi.

i want to know if i cant run this one in a stock internals.
i getting a d16y7 with 70k miles on it, ( same engine i already have but with wayyy more miles)
i was thinking maybe 10psi DD
will i need to replace the valve springs ( ferrea),cams(bisi) and cam gear( AEM). and a y8 IM for sure.
will the stock piston and rods will b ok? or i should get different ones.
im still looking for a tranny (y

dont tell me to search because i did and found info here and other forums, but i would like to know if somebody here have a t25. i would like to know for personal experiences.
thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I'm a 3rd shifter, but I'm on between 3-6 pm and after 11 pm during the week.

You can't afford this man-whore
98hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I'm telling you to search.

Will 250hp on stock internals be a good idea?

Well would you look at that, I found the answer in 4 seconds searching.

Also why would you need to replace the cam and springs to support 250 on stock internals???

You gotta search kid, no other answer than that....

Try a search.

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

More people make more power than that on stock internals. If you searched you would have seen in every thread they say 200-250 is about "how far I would go".

Also. Search and learn. Then make posts. This is useless. Yes you can turbo stock internals. No mode to engine. Put the turbo on. Tune. Set plug gap before that. And your good.

When someone makes a post and engine is stock. They don't mean stock. They mean cam gear. Sprinhs. Retainers. Cmon man. Common sense. Stock is stock.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough

im not saying that i will push it to 250 because i know i will need stronger rods and pistons, cams and valve springs.. i think i should be more clear. how must boost will internals take with a t25,anybody here running that.

Quote:

Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Ej1Zcz6 is learning the way of the DEj1Zcz6 is learning the way of the D

you need to search how turbos make power and how a car internals except boost.... just to answer you so this stops dont go over 10.. but i would stay at 7-8 so you dont fry rings or brake a ringland now go search and learn cuzz you no nothing
Ej1Zcz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

and yes i want 250 hp but since the engine has very low miles i thought that may be able to hold better, and no need to get new/better pistons

Quote:

Old 01-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98hatch View Post
i know that the t25 is a very small turbo which spool pretty fast and max out at 250 hp 14 psi.

i want to know if i cant run this one in a stock internals.
i getting a d16y7 with 70k miles on it, ( same engine i already have but with wayyy more miles)
i was thinking maybe 10psi DD
will i need to replace the valve springs ( ferrea),cams(bisi) and cam gear( AEM). and a y8 IM for sure.
will the stock piston and rods will b ok? or i should get different ones.
im still looking for a tranny (y

dont tell me to search because i did and found info here and other forums, but i would like to know if somebody here have a t25. i would like to know for personal experiences.
thank you

Stock internals with a T25 your looking at 6-8 psi and 8 psi is pushing it, I wouldn't push it past 220 hp on stock internals your going to either melt your pistons or put a nice window in your block
Tmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Word.. the search will lead you in the right direction. Google. " stock civic turbo" bet that alone gives you all answers. Look ar turbo installs. Our guys are detailed ejought to tell every step
Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

all right guys i think i was asking this the wrong way. i was looking for personals experience on how is your set up holding on stock internals

Quote:

Old 01-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Ej1Zcz6 is learning the way of the DEj1Zcz6 is learning the way of the D

most people know that shit will only take a beating for so long at so much boost just boost your car have it tuned and when you break something fix it
Old 01-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano

my buddy has been abusing a dohc ZC for 9 years at 185whp, all he changed was the injectors

Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

he isent trying to push his stock internals to there limit
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Coulda' fooled me.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

the connecting rods are the "weakest" link in the engine. address the bottom half before spending money on cams and a cam gear.
doesn't make sense to me why you would spend money on the valve train when the limiting factor would be the bottom end
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

I will buy pistons, rods, valve, valve, springs and all internals little buy little and push it to 250- 300. But now I just want a t25 with stock internals at 8 psi, 180-210 whp, that's why I would like to know how ur set ups are doing.
I already have the turbo ( just tubo) so all I will need I'd pipes, injector n tune.

Quote:

Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Wow. Just wow.
REally if your search you can find a shit load of information. Also you never said what kind of t25 your using there is a ton of them out there so that will make a difference also.
But simple answer tune her to 200hp and call it a day on stock motor.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

If you have a healthy motor. Throw in vitaras and rods. Go to 300 Qiu head studs. That's about as good as its gonna get.

With a proper tune 180 whp depending on torque isn't pushing a good bottom end. Hey aren't sweating at 180 to had. My d15 rods did 220wtq before bending.

Pistons are Tue weakest link unless you can keep the heat away. Proper tune. Ign. Fuel. Otherwise I see more people cra k riglands. From abuse obviously. Hammering.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Springs and retainers will be fine stock if you're not turning a lot of rpm, and with that turbo you won't wanna do that anyway. Weakest point is rod bolts and rods. If you want, add ARP rod bolts for a little extra insurance.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

I think is from a talon, my friend and I pulled long ago and never used it.
That's what I was wonder is the oem pistons will hold, because I think they are really weak

Quote:

Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

hatch just search for real dude all this shit has been answered several times... go on google.com and type every question you have one by one and you will find an answer... once you get two or three answers for your question come back and ask witch answer every one thinks is better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in