rc injector oring help asap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default rc injector oring help asap

ok im putting my rc 440s in and cant get them to fit good..they have a little grove right on the tip where the factory oring will fit but the tip sits right under the oring where the factory ones sit down about 1/2 farther into the manifold... i tighnted them down to where the bolt stopped and there tight, you cant twist them if you wanted to like all the stock ones..my main concern is are they supposed to sit on the tip where the little ridge is or do i need to ream out a oring to get it to go on the bigger part where they will sit down farther.. o ya car is a 00 ex witha y8 and y8 manifold

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
ok im putting my rc 440s in and cant get them to fit good..they have a little grove right on the tip where the factory oring will fit but the tip sits right under the oring where the factory ones sit down about 1/2 farther into the manifold... i tighnted them down to where the bolt stopped and there tight, you cant twist them if you wanted to like all the stock ones..my main concern is are they supposed to sit on the tip where the little ridge is or do i need to ream out a oring to get it to go on the bigger part where they will sit down farther.. o ya car is a 00 ex witha y8 and y8 manifold
First, are you sure these injectors are for a D?
eXxPLoSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I was unaware there was a difference in b or ds.. I actually got it figured out,I used some eg orings which are deeper and drilled them out with a dremal to allow them to go over the fat part of the injector, this allowed it to sit farther into the manifold which I fell better about

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

I had the same problem with my RC's. Sucks because I drilled a couple o-rings a little too much. So they are kinda loose. Grrrr.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

That's what i've been doing with those injectors for years. I've had injectors sit in a little further than others, never had any problems.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 31 93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 82 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls

yea just a little dremel n take some off, just dont take to much

93 red ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

OEM Honda Fuel Injector cushion
la_hondas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in