Gtx 2863r - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 point78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Gtx 2863r

So I've been waiting/planning years for the day I finally get a Gt2860RS, almost ordered one last week. Then Garrett goes and Releases the GTX 2863R. Now what do I do? I keep telling myself I need to draw a line, at some point its just to much, but damn...
point78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Same thing with apple. Thats why I left them way back n my ibook and 3rd gen ipod.
But whats your question here?
Id get the cheapest that would meet your goals. Also I dont like bb because the hell getting rebuild if something happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by xile6; 12-27-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Damn cell phone cutting off reply.
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 point78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regular

No real question. I just randomly ran across the new turbo, looks like its going to be a mean little SOB, hadn't seen anyting about it here yet.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

EFR?
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Personally I think there are alot better options for your dollar and you can also save money in the process. The entire GT line is rebadged technology from 20+ years ago with the exception of the ball bearings. The GT2860RS is nothing more then an T3 super 60 compressor combined to a T28 turbine with ball bearings. That is it.

What is your goals? Whats the purpose of the build? For me I would not buy a ball bearing turbo unless I was planning on running insane levels of boost and if the car was a dedicated track piece. Yes they are nice to have but for the cost the minute added performance is not worth it.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Why don't you try?
But what's the setup, because they say it will flow 20% more.

The turbo himself is looking hot!
Justinb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

I think anything short of a GT2871R is kinda silly as far as GT28 turbos go.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 red5_02 will become famous soon enoughred5_02 will become famous soon enoughred5_02 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I think anything short of a GT2871R is kinda silly as far as GT28 turbos go.
I got one of these in the mail a few weeks ago. Should go well paired with 10.5:1 compression using it for autocross.
red5_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

heh heh heh That was my exact plan until recently. That should be a LOT of fun.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 nihkon is learning the way of the Dnihkon is learning the way of the D

Just buy my GT28RS dude! hehe
nihkon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

EFR-6258 looks even better. The match bot program is pretty interesting, 1/2 my time is at 5500' and the other 1/2 is up at 9500'. I built the motor and trans for 300 hp. Wonder how many psi I could run on pump gas? If I could run 20-23psi the EFR map looked pretty good at both altitudes.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

efr's back ordered until the end of Feb. I guess the Indy Izod series switched to the EFR's and have priority on production. I did order a 6258 though.

here is the map

Last edited by point78; 01-10-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

my gt2871r with 3" inlet.. kinda expensive at over $1200
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Update:

The EFR that was supposed to be shipped feb 28th, was pushed back to late july. I cancelled the order, Go-Autoworks is hooking me up with a s252 BatMoWheel...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Holy crap . . .
Are they EVER going to get on the ball with production?

That sounds like a fun turbo. I don't know too much about those, though, but they seem to get good results.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I haven't seen any dyno graphs of one on a D either, but I'm hoping it should be close to a gt2871.

here is a s252 graph, Bullseye didn't have one for the batmowheel, but it should be a little more efficient. The generic statement was a regular s252 is good for 450hp, and with the batmowheel its good for 550hp.

and just to make things easier.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Impressive . . . Most impressive. That's a really nice looking compressor map.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

sneak peak at my new mistress,

S252 3" V-band conversion....Go-Autoworks FTW!

BatMoWheel
Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 Boostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebody

The batmowheel inducer turbine is soo crazy looking. The compressor housing is pretty interesting too, i see go-autoworks updates on facebook all the time. Makes me rethink using the brand new garrett turbo i purchased for my build, its so basic compared to some of this new stuff coming out.
Boostincx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

The turbine housing looks very nice.

The wheel looks fairly insane.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in