D16Y7 with a JRSC/Alternator Problem. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Angry D16Y7 with a JRSC/Alternator Problem.

I have a D16y7 with a Jacksonracing supercharger. The person I bought it from had the wrong belt on it. I ordered the right belt and I put it on. I started my car and noticed that the alignment in my belt/pulleys is off. It is just slowly eating my new belt. My alternator is also not working. I tested my battery with it running and it is not working.
Do I need a new alt pulley, spacer, or bracket?
Also, Can anyone show me a picture of the bracket I need?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Modz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 31 93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 82 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls

i had the same problem. The alt pulley bolt had backed off the alt. causing the belt to "wobble" and appear when moving to be off. And mine too had the wrong belt. I crossed referenced the right belt to napa and got one of their 4 rib belts. Bought a new lifetime warrenty alt. and did work. Now if i can just get the damn alt. bracket screw to stay from backing off i'd be good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
93 red ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

make sure your Alt connection clip is good.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah. Well I forgot to mention that the alternator and wiring harness are both brand new.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
i had the same problem. The alt pulley bolt had backed off the alt. causing the belt to "wobble" and appear when moving to be off. And mine too had the wrong belt. I crossed referenced the right belt to napa and got one of their 4 rib belts. Bought a new lifetime warrenty alt. and did work. Now if i can just get the damn alt. bracket screw to stay from backing off i'd be good
It's all on there tight. Just the alignment is off. Maybe not positioned right? Maybe the lower idler isn't spaced right? I don't know. It has a brand new alt. and wiring harness but it still doesn't show that the alt is even working. I know a guy that had this problem and he put the right alt bracket in and it worked fine. I think this car was running just fine before the guy sold it to my friend. then my friend did something. He ended up replacing the alternator and belt. Now the alternator is not working. I am taking it to napa tomorrow to test it. But that still doesnt help me out with the problem. Lol. I don't know. I am stumped and losing patience.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 baajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eagle

Do you know if the timing belt Pully behind the crank Pully has the spacer behind it?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I am not sure if it does..
Old 12-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 baajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eagle

Check
Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

pic please to show alignment issue..?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Door View Post
pic please to show alignment issue..?
I cant really get a pic, just the belt is off by 1/8", if i had the right lower alt bracket it would align it, I dont know if it would make my alt work or not, but I dont know where i can order one or even see a pic of one to see if I have the right bracket or not.. I am lost.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

shitty pictures but its all i got
you need the alt bracket that comes with the kit

jasonek9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

the Y7/Y8 kits had an offset alt. bracket that was included from JRSC

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah I have the right upper bracket. Just not sure if I have the right lower bracket. If I had the right lower one, it should sit the alternator closer to the firewall and get rid of the alignment issue. Maybe? As far as the fact my Alternator isn't working? I am getting it tested in the morning but those auto parts stores are never reliable. Hmm. It was running before. So maybe something else is just throwing my alignment off, and the alternator is just a bad alternator. It is a napa.. Lol. I have no idea though. What JRSC set-up are you running?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

i ran the y8 kit and i had no issues but i also had it on a y8, only problem was how close the pulley was to the shocktower
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I have a A6 and a Y7 kit and I can assure you that the alternator brackets are identical. There's a spacer included in the Y7/Y8 kits that I believe goes between the alt bracket and the alternator to off-set it more towards the oil filter, fixing the alignment issue...but I've never installed one on a Yx so I'm not completely sure.

Remember, there are two mounting points for the alternator. One is the stock lower mount that is re-used and one is the JRSC alternator bracket. The question: if the alternator is not bolted on the top mount (JRSC bracket) can it be moved left or right?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
I have a A6 and a Y7 kit and I can assure you that the alternator brackets are identical. There's a spacer included in the Y7/Y8 kits that I believe goes between the alt bracket and the alternator to off-set it more towards the oil filter, fixing the alignment issue...but I've never installed one on a Yx so I'm not completely sure.

Remember, there are two mounting points for the alternator. One is the stock lower mount that is re-used and one is the JRSC alternator bracket. The question: if the alternator is not bolted on the top mount (JRSC bracket) can it be moved left or right?
i dont believe so, the stock lower alternator bracket has no ajustability in it beside forward and backwards, im pulling my engine today and ill check for the spacer but i dont believe i used one when i installed it and i had no allignment issues.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks guys, I really need to get this thing running.
I thought the lower alt. bracket was just like the stock one. Just machined down some.
Tell me what you find when you pull your engine.
Post pics of the lower alt bracket and any spacers.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

This is a make shift picture of my problem.
With the wrong belt on it, the alignment wasn't an issue.
With the right belt on it, the alignment is an issue.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

if you have the stock lower altinator bracket on then the alternator is lined up with your crank pulley, is youre supercharger pulley not lining up with the altenator and crank pulley?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Posting this for reference sake. This is not my pic, it belongs to sql_civic!

1.) are you using the JR crank pulley pictured above?
2.) Is your blower pulley 3 ribs?

and the big question:

-Is there any side-to-side movement on the lower alternator bracket (OEM) when the top bolt is removed from the JR bracket? This is the key to the entire thing. Whether it's achieved by a 'modified' JR alt bracket or via a spacer, it's not going to matter if the lower bracket doesn't allow the alternator to slide over towards the engine block.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alternator, bracket, jrsc, pulley, spacer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in