iat sensor in ek piping - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default iat sensor in ek piping

i was wondering how you guys with eks are doing your intake air temp sensors with intercooler piping, its orginally in the intake piping by the throttle body, and in my old setup i used the stock ek one and jb welded it it, but now i have pretty go autoworks piping and i really dont wanna do that... i know the egs had a 2 bolt one that screwed into the manifold so i was thinking about bolting it into the piping with some lock nuts on the back side, and alot of loctite.. i still have a y8 so theres not one on my manifold before someone ask.. thanks ahead and merry christmas eve

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

B20 iat eith a 12mm 1.5 nut welded to the pipe. Or cut the little squards off the stock and thread it into a nut welded to the pipe. Tap and die kits are pretty cheap. And b20 iat is around $30 n needs a different clip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D

kool might have to lookinto the b20 thing, i woder if the pins are the same where i wont have to cut the wires and just switch them out,im not much of a aluminum welder but can you weld a regular honda steel nut to aluminum piping.. also what were b20s in, crvs?

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 12-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i doubt steel will weld to alluminum because of different melting point, yes older crv's come with b20
jasonek9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

guess im going to try to get ahold of greg and see if i cant purchase whatever they put in there chargepipes when custom ordered

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 12-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

J series has the screw type IAT too

Duralast/Air Charge Temperature Sensor (SU4033) | 2001 Acura TL 6 Cylinders 3.2L MFI SOHC | AutoZone.com

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

take and drill a hole in your ic piping go to your local hardware store and get the correct size rubber grommet and put the grommet in the hole and stick your sensor in.

I even did this on a eg using a d15b7 IM. Just had to extend the wires a bit.

Last edited by DreaMer; 12-24-2011 at 09:16 AM.
DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaMer View Post
take and drill a hole in your ic piping go to your local hardware store and get the correct size rubber grommet and put the grommet in the hole and stick your sensor in.
That is the way my car is setup and I havent had and issue.
j182j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
you dont think this would leak with decent boost levels? this would be the easiest way and if it would not leak im all game but im a fan of doing somthing once and not doing it again..

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by j182j View Post
That is the way my car is setup and I havent had and issue.
Boost leaks and under enough pressure you can blow it out.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

/\ this is what i was thinking, i think im going to drill a hole where the sensor is very hard to push in and neatly put some jb weld around, at leatst if it that fails ill just chip it off and find a aluminum nut to weld on

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 12-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k View Post
Boost leaks and under enough pressure you can blow it out.
True, but if that were to happen I just use some rubber adhesive. To be honest I put a rubber grommet in that was to big and the thing slipped at 14 lbs. Once in a while I just have to push it back in.

DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

I can see the iat poping out under high boost. another way to do it withOut welding is tap the pipe and try to thread the iat in there but if the pipe isnt thick enough it will only caught like one thread.

. RIP

Last edited by xile6; 12-24-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

surprisngly i found my short ram with the rubber groumet still in it and it took more than i would have thought to pull it out, i think it would be fine i just hate the idea of not being airtight

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 12-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
surprisngly i found my short ram with the rubber groumet still in it and it took more than i would have thought to pull it out, i think it would be fine i just hate the idea of not being airtight
jb weld the nut? then thread it in. At less it would be removable easily without chipping away at the jbweld. But give the groument a try and report back.

. RIP

Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

no pretty much what i did on my last setup was drill a hole that you could barely get the iat in then put a nice layer of jb weld around the base of it.. it worked great just was looking for somthing a little cleaner looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
jb weld the nut? then thread it in. At less it would be removable easily without chipping away at the jbweld. But give the groument a try and report back.

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 12-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Xenocron Tuning: Aluminum IAT Sensor Weld Flange Kit

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

maybe do it on the bottom side of the pipe?
jasonek9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

awsome this is what i was looking for guess i just wasnt looking in the right place, going to give the jb weld and a very tight hole a try first then if that fails this will be my next and final step.. thanks for all the help, josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Old 12-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

My car runs at about 10psi and I have not had an issue with the sensor coming out, but if you are worried just use a little honda bond to hold it in place.
j182j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in