Turbo manifold for DOHC ZC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo manifold for DOHC ZC

Hello everyone!

I bought a manifold like this CIVIC DEL SOL CRX D15 D16 RAM HORN TURBO MANIFOLD T3/T4 | eBay, but the bad thing is, it's didn't fit...
because of these two bolts (?? i don't know how to say properly)

Anyway, it's not my engine bay...
So my question is, what do you think which manifold will fit? Mini-ram? Log style? Which one do you prefer and why? Or who doing ramhorn for DOHC ZC?

Thank you
glo
glo_zc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Not sure what the zc guys used but what your saying is the manfiold wont sit flush because of the bolts? If so then yea a log manifold or castiron would be the way to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Next time you might research before you buy, those egay cheap ramhorns are garbage. Get a log keep it simple and be done with it.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 boosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Any d-series mani should fit, i have one on my ZC. it's the intake side that's completely different
boosted_zc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Notch the manifold flange to fit.

I will concur that the eBay tubular manifolds are not great at all.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

show pictures where its holding you up, maybe for shitz n giggles they sent a b series.
cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

That manifold was designed around a thinner sohc head and not a wider dohc head. Those manifolds are made from cheap stainless and not the good stuff, there more like chrome than stainless, anyways you need a mini-ram, shorty,or log manifold for your situation.

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah, I know I bought shit stuff... I thought if they say "D15, D16 turbo manifold" it should be fit to my one as well. I made a mistake, who's not?
Anyway, I was thinking to get the miniram from speedfactory, cause that one should be ok or i opened for suggestions. I don't want cast iron manifold, this is 100%.
No, they sent the right one for D-series. If the mounting would be a bit thicker it would fit.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-7680467...4_2184_4295096
GET THIS MANIFOLD YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! best price too!

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gomiramma.html

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]

Last edited by arny213; 12-21-2011 at 05:03 AM.
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 grandtheftlunchbox will become famous soon enoughgrandtheftlunchbox will become famous soon enoughgrandtheftlunchbox will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

mini-ram is the way to go. theidealone ran one on his race car with a DOHC ZC. fit just fine. i have a ramhorn that also had the same issue as yours. stupid VC bolts getting in the way.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Thank you for any helps guys

As I can see everyone prefer miniram, just as I thought.

Thank you again, this was lot of help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in