(Physically) Smallest Turbo for 200whp? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default (Physically) Smallest Turbo for 200whp?

What is the smallest turbo that will support 200whp?
I mean physical size of the turbo. Looking for something that will support 180-200whp, but it needs to be >small<.

Reason? So I can hide it under a heat shield, with ease.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

The greddy 15g would work. And some of the nissan t25 will.
I have a nissan t25 and its kinda small.

And your hiding because of emission or sleeper?

*edit here you go i have the mag but heres the link
Sport Compact

YES its turboed check link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by xile6; 12-15-2011 at 06:53 PM.
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 stevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

t25 is a very small turbo and it's mostly maxed out at around 200 on the D-series engine...

am sure there's another turbo that's a little smaller...

stevenarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Sleeper and Thieves.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 stevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to all

Quote:
The greddy 15g would work. And some of the nissan t25 will.

in Florida there's no emissions
everyone around here runs around with no cats all the time, cause they think they go faster and makes there car louder lol

Old 12-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 slowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Boratslowsinglecam smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

[QUOTE=xile6;2450706]The greddy 15g would work. And some of the nissan t25 will.

Sport Compact

That just blew my mind lol. Looks so stock.

slowsinglecam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
Sleeper and Thieves.
do you have AC??
if not get a side mount and mount it on where the condenser would go and paint it black. that's what me and my dad did on the blue hatch we got and no one knows it's on boost.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Sleeper and Thieves.
Link is up but if its for thieves then why worry?
The thing thieves go after is intercoolers and same for sleeper. Because how else will they know its turbo?
Now if your popping hood all the time or blowing off the bov a lot then people will know. Other then that you wont know its turbo.

. RIP

Old 12-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

from the link
"* Do understand that 10 psi is about the limit of the stock internals."

hahahhaah this is why noobs come on here saying they only wanna run 10psi.
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenarroyo View Post
do you have AC??
if not get a side mount and mount it on where the condenser would go and paint it black. that's what me and my dad did on the blue hatch we got and no one knows it's on boost.
Wayyyy too hot to not have AC down here. :/

Quote:
Link is up but if its for thieves then why worry?
The thing thieves go after is intercoolers and same for sleeper. Because how else will they know its turbo?
Now if your popping hood all the time or blowing off the bov a lot then people will know. Other then that you wont know its turbo.
People connect dots... And I'm paranoid.

But hey, people have had 100% stock EK's stolen down in Miami.

Last edited by sxysweed; 12-15-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Wooh! 1500th post.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Wayyyy too hot to not have AC down here. :/

People connect dots... And I'm paranoid.

But hey, people have had 100% stock EK's stolen down in Miami.
They will do what they do. Id invest in a good alarm/kill switches. Ive hear of people stealing 100% stock civics just because it has rims.

But get a good system and it will give them hell and give you time to caught them and open fire on them

. RIP

Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!
wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

That intake piping through the airbox is beyond titties... welds are meh, but the idea is awesome!

I hear ya on the sleeper and anti-theft aspect; if there is any way to hide what you have, do it. Don't wash the car, no stickers, stick some steelies on it, take the faceplate out always... anything to make it look unattractive to thieving scumdogs.

>>Dan

1985 4Runner: 22RE w/ engnbldr head, 261* cam and O/S valves, 5.29 gears, Detroit front locker, E-Locker rear, girlfriend-bought 38" tires, 4" AllPro lift, dual t-cases, hi steer and an increasing amount of body damage. But that's what it's for; it's not a Jeep.

Quote:
There's no reason a car built on a Fairmont chassis with a Pinto engine and Lincoln brakes should work this well, but it does!
wakkjobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

audi k03 smaller than t25.. mine spooled soo fast on my audi
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

What kind of heat shield are you going to use? I'm looking into doing mine sleepy, and also considering painting my FMIC black with some radiator paint.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

v11 is really small too off a subaru.. heres my v11 next to a td04 wrx turbo
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc

TD04 9B
Same page as you. i.e. High Comp, Small Turbo, Boost of idle. Only need to make 200 BHP. But most of it under 4000 RPM. LOL.

There are some really nice Hitachi Turbos they use on the 600cc small cars in Japan. Ive imported a few. For bike projects. Tempted to try it on the Honda.
The only complication with small turbos is you need to make everything custom. From your IC to pipes.

rdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Gt1752 off a Sabb. I have two right now sitting in the garage. HF manifold and an internal wastegate it held 12-14 to around 6k on the race engine and was still holding power at 7k. Starts spooling instantly. I've been considering putting one on my dd.

2014 Fiesta ST

Last edited by 90civichillclimber; 12-16-2011 at 03:30 AM.
90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
What kind of heat shield are you going to use? I'm looking into doing mine sleepy, and also considering painting my FMIC black with some radiator paint.
It will probably end up look like this, with another round shield around the air filter since it'll get pushed to the side to make room for the AC compressor. And the hotside chargepiping will be hidden better. This car belongs to someone on here, just can't remember the name..

I REALLY like this bay. But since I'm keeping AC, I can't put the turbo in the same place.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...an-1991-a.html

Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

my cute little garret gt2052
cdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

I would get a 15g. You can barely see mine even with the hood open. My friends that want to see it I have to point down to it and be like, I promise it really is there!

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in