Td04 and td05? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Td04 and td05?

Just wondering if the flange on a dsm td04 and td05 are the same my turbo is a td05 and has 6 holes on the exhaust side 3 of them are used for a plate that covers my wastegate all i can find is 4 bolt flanges for the downpipe elbow... I think they will fit and just cover the 3 extra holes for the wastgate cap.... am i right of am i way off?
turbospec.91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 debow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

if it is a real DSM turbo the o2 housing flange and the exhaust manifold flanges are the same and will swap over from one another.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

360 gamertag, kmxx62

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO GO TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AND SEARCH BE FOR YOU ASK ANYTHING ON THE FORUMS?!

Last edited by debow; 12-15-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: miss worded it
debow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

td04s and td05s both came with different housings with different flanges to mate up with specific oem exhaust manifolds/downpipes. you would have to post pics of the housings you are talking about.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

[IMG]100MEDIA_IMAG0197.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

dont know if you can see the pic or not i cant figure it out
Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 debow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respectdebow  is slowly gaining respect

your pix are not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
td04s and td05s both came with different housings with different flanges to mate up with specific oem exhaust manifolds/downpipes. you would have to post pics of the housings you are talking about.
not the DSM td04s and td05s they have the same housing

360 gamertag, kmxx62

Last edited by debow; 12-15-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by debow View Post
if it is a real DSM turbo yes they are the same all the parts will swap from one turbo to another

Seriously? Wow when did they change?

You even think before making this garbage post? Seriously?
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamrick View Post
Seriously? Wow when did they change?

You even think before making this garbage post? Seriously?
are you really that retarded go look at a DSM td04 and a dsm td05 the o2 housing are the same

here is a td05

and here is td04

they are the f***ing same you idiot

360 gamertag, kmxx62

Last edited by debow; 12-15-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by debow View Post
are you really that retarded go look at a DSM td04 and a dsm td05 the o2 housing are the same

here is a td05

and here is td04

they are the f***ing same you idiot

First off you f%$king moron that is not an O2 housing. It is the fu$%ing Turbine housing. Second the TD04 have several different turbine housing that ARE VERY FU$%ING DIFFERENT as well as the TD05. If you are going to post like you know something then atleast fu^&ing know what the fu&* you are talking about. It will save you looking like a douche bag.

I have a TD04 that has a T25 flange and 3 bolt outlet. They make them with T3 flanges as well for both TD05 and TD04.

Take 5 seconds and go to google and search Subaru TD05H turbo as well as the TD04. The Volvo TD04 and TD05 as well oh and the Saab. Before you do, get yourself some A&D ointment as your going to get majorly ass hurt. Funny how you can give this advice but not heed it yourself before inserting your foot in your mouth.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.

Last edited by mhamrick; 12-15-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

He is asking about Mitsubishi turbos and if you read his post he cleary says he has a 6 bolt flange instead of a 4 bolt flange.

OH and FYI even DSM turbos comes with different flanges. Take 5 seconds and search it on GOOGLE. This is your own advice, why not take it instead continuing to make and idiot out of yourself.

Also please do read your initial post

"if it is a real DSM turbo yes they are the same all the parts will swap from one turbo to another"

This could NOT BE MORE WRONG!!! You clearly said that all parts interchange from one turbo to the other. They do not. These two turbos could not be more different. They use different sized compressors, turbines, shaft diameter, bearing diameter, bearings, thrust setups, bearing spec, inlets, outlets, bearing housings, compressor covers, turbine covers, snap rings, seals, etc. Actually the only part that both share is "sometimes" they share the same gaskets. SOMETIMES.

DOUCHE BAG............

Last edited by mhamrick; 12-15-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

i said DSM td04 and td05 turbos have the same flange i never said all td04 and td05 turbos are the same
Quote:
He is asking about Mitsubishi turbos and if you read his post he cleary says he has a 6 bolt flange instead of a 4 bolt flange.

OH and FYI even DSM turbos comes with different flanges. Take 5 seconds and search it on GOOGLE. This is your own advice, why not take it instead continuing to make and idiot out of yourself.
no he is asking about DSM turbos witch all stock DSM's have the same flange for the o2 housing witch is the 4 bolt one and yes i no the pix i posted are not o2 housing i never said they were it is a pix of where the o2 housing bolts still proves the point that i was making.

360 gamertag, kmxx62

Last edited by debow; 12-15-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:

This could NOT BE MORE WRONG!!! You clearly said that all parts interchange from one turbo to the other. They do not. These two turbos could not be more different. They use different sized compressors, turbines, shaft diameter, bearing diameter, bearings, thrust setups, bearing spec, inlets, outlets, bearing housings, compressor covers, turbine covers, snap rings, seals, etc. Actually the only part that both share is "sometimes" they share the same gaskets. SOMETIMES.............
i miss worded it on that i am sorry and i will fix it i am not good at wording things what i meant by that and what i should have said is the o2 housing flange and the exhaust manifold flanges are the same and will swap over from one another.

360 gamertag, kmxx62

Old 12-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I figured you knew what you wanted to say but it came out wrong. Its cool, atleast your not trying to act like most and get in a pissing match.

Still the TD05 and TD04 can use different flanges on turbos that come on DSM cars. Look at the Evo VIII turbos. They have a split housing and wacky bolt pattern. However most of the time you are right. They use the typical 4 bolt outlet and 4 bolt inlet.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
I figured you knew what you wanted to say but it came out wrong. Its cool, atleast your not trying to act like most and get in a pissing match.

Still the TD05 and TD04 can use different flanges on turbos that come on DSM cars. Look at the Evo VIII turbos. They have a split housing and wacky bolt pattern. However most of the time you are right. They use the typical 4 bolt outlet and 4 bolt inlet.
evo's are not DSM's they were made after Mitsubishi stopped working with Chrysler in 2000 and Mitsubishi took sole control of the plants.

but i do see how people think they are DSM's and i get what you are saying about the evo turbo

360 gamertag, kmxx62

Last edited by debow; 12-15-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospec.91 View Post
my turbo is a td05 and has 6 holes on the exhaust side 3 of them are used for a plate that covers my wastegate
this doesn't sound like the housings debow posted pix of...

td04 and td05 are Mitsubishi designations, so unless its an ebay knockoff, its a dsm turbo even if it is from a volvo or saab.

i still wish i could see the pic of OP's turbine housing

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

never seen a 6bolt flange, only 4 and 5.. post a pic

Last edited by snailslow; 12-15-2011 at 10:46 PM.
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

[IMG]100MEDIA_IMAG0197.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Default flange

This is the picture of the flangeClick image for larger version

Name:	100MEDIA_IMAG0197.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	29697
Old 12-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

The cap on the wastegate has a mitubishi stamp on it i took it off i ordered a downpipe elbow that was a 4 bolt and was just hoping that they would line up the elbow i bought would fit on the td04 and 05 shown above but doesnt quite fit.... This turbo is being the biggest pain ever if i had the cash i would just buy another turbo of get my other garrett rebuilt any info on a downpipe for this turbo would help alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in