Stock springs + aftermarket cam? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Default Stock springs + aftermarket cam?

Saw threads with guys revving stock spring past 8k but can the stock springs handle the lift of a decent street cam? Specificly the 272-2/bisi 2.4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Man, The myth, The legend

Rep Power: 17 Bisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bisimoto

Valves springs have the daunting task of not only dealing with the weight of the valvetrain (rocker arm, valves, retainers, keepers) but in boost, it has the additional job of working against boost pressure.
It is highly recommended to always upgrade valvetrain in boosted applications to place damaging valve float at bay.

And by the way, the Bisimoto level 2.4 is not the same as the other brand you mentioned...no where near. Thanks.
06 Insight Unibody, F22A: [email protected]
2011 CR-Z: 533hp

Last edited by mindless; 12-08-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Bisimoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I sold my 272-2 to my buddy who is currently using it now but he is not revving much, if at all, past stock. He plans on getting valvetrain very soon.

I know members, Jimmyb comes to mind I think, who had an aftermarket cam revving past stock and never had an issue (Can't remember what cam he had or other specifics though).

Having said all of that, I would listen to the manufacturer and I know bisi recommends drivetrain for the 2.4.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 05:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

I would get something aftermarket for the 272-2. I had supertech springs in mine.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Why is Bisi allowed to peddle his shit on a site that he doesn't sponsor?
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

If you are using a Bisimoto cam, you best use his valvesprings too.

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisimoto View Post
...And by the way, the Bisimoto level 2.4 is not the same as the other brand you mentioned...no where near.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless
I sold my 272-2 to my buddy who is currently using it now but he is not revving much, if at all, past stock. He plans on getting valvetrain very soon.

I know members, Jimmyb comes to mind I think, who had an aftermarket cam revving past stock and never had an issue (Can't remember what cam he had or other specifics though).
all stock springs, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
I would get something aftermarket for the 272-2. I had supertech springs in mine.
thx for input

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico58204 View Post
yeah Bisi, with some of the prices you have on your shit you have no choice but to be b a l l i n

Thanks guys

Quote:

Last edited by mindless; 12-08-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

No name calling of other users please. Nor peddling of products if you are a business and do not sponsor this site. Thanks.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

if you can get your hands on OEM vtec intake springs put them on the exhaust side as well

they are stiffer and will let you rev a few hundred rpm safer

taking the delta 272 up to 7800 with all intake springs in a y7 head

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
WTF is he peddling? The OP asked about the Bisi 2.4, and Bisi fucking replied.

I know its "cool" to hate on Bisi on this forum, but this is a little ridiculous.
Also, I woulsnt say Bisi's products are expensive by any stretch, you guys are just used to everything being dirt cheap. If youve ever tried to build something other than a Honda, you know that Honda Internals are extraordinarily cheap. When I was going to build my Miata shortblock I was going to have to spend $700 on pistons and $1200 on rods.

Last edited by Full_Tilt; 12-08-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Like full tilt said he wasnt trying to peddle any thing, read before you fucking talk, and this isnt the thread for you to ask that question on, dont hate on some thing you cant afford or never tested..

And kingyeddi, idk wtf your prob is, bisi answers your question and you come back with a smart ass remark/picture? get a fucking grip, just becuase some one else bashed on him doesnt mean you gotta be a cocky prick aswell. Like i said, dont talk shit on some thing you cant afford

Last edited by Ej1civic coupe; 12-08-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

this needs locked before gets outta hand

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisimoto View Post
And by the way, the Bisimoto level 2.4 is not the same as the other brand you mentioned...no where near. Thanks.
I'm not trying to make this thread worse, but other then material, being a regrind, and the geometry of the valve train, I would like to know what makes them being so different.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
I'm not trying to make this thread worse, but other then material, being a regrind, and the geometry of the valve train, I would like to know what makes them being so different.
R&D? Brand? Who knows.

You can get similar quality and performance from a Japanese car for a fraction of the price of a German car. There are still lots of people buying German cars.
Perhaps the difference is qualitative, not quantitative.

The only legitamate argument for not using a Bisi cam is the lack of specific information. Many people in the pursuit of power are knowledgable enough to need to know the detailed specifications of a camshaft so that they can get exactly the powerband characteristics that they desire. But that is a small minority of people.
>99% of people modifying Hondas would be well off to just take the advice of others in choosing a camshaft, in which case a Bisi cam is a good choice.

Last edited by Full_Tilt; 12-08-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post

I know its "cool" to hate on Bisi on this forum, but this is a little ridiculous.
Also, I woulsnt say Bisi's products are expensive by any stretch, you guys are just used to everything being dirt cheap. If youve ever tried to build something other than a Honda, you know that Honda Internals are extraordinarily cheap. When I was going to build my Miata shortblock I was going to have to spend $700 on pistons and $1200 on rods.
His post was edited by Mindless. Bisi was telling the OP to buy "his" springs along with quoting a price. That is peddling. I am not jumping on any band wagon.

Last edited by rico58204; 12-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
His post was edited by Mindless. Bisi was telling the OP to buy "his" springs along with quoting a price. That is peddling. I am not jumping on any band wagon.
Fair enough, my mistake.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Quote:
Grind quality. For serious. It makes a huge )(#$(*$# difference.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Let's not turn this into a bisi vs the world thread please.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

the fuck happened here? lamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
if you can get your hands on OEM vtec intake springs put them on the exhaust side as well

they are stiffer and will let you rev a few hundred rpm safer

taking the delta 272 up to 7800 with all intake springs in a y7 head
All stock springs, right
Quote:

what ive seen was pretty fucking steep. but what do I know, I was spoiled by SBC and pushrod Stangs.. but it no secret, I'm a cheapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej1civic coupe View Post
Like full tilt said he wasnt trying to peddle any thing, read before you fucking talk, and this isnt the thread for you to ask that question on, dont hate on some thing you cant afford or never tested..

And kingyeddi, idk wtf your prob is, bisi answers your question and you come back with a smart ass remark/picture? get a fucking grip, just becuase some one else bashed on him doesnt mean you gotta be a cocky prick aswell. Like i said, dont talk shit on some thing you cant afford

who said I couldnt afford it? lmao I'm just cheap. and yeah I was under the impression the 272-2 was cloned from a 2.4..

Quote:
+1

Quote:

Quote:
Fair enough, my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Grind quality. For serious. It makes a huge )(#$(*$# difference.
I'll take the cheap one

Quote:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

yes all stock spings

intake side of head stock vtec head intake springs
exhaust side of head stock vtec head intake springs
(the intake springs have a bit of red paint on them)

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in