new d6z6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default new d6z6

Thinking about doing my first build as a boosted vtec.
hmmm. I'm not really sure how to start this off, but for sure thinking about using my rt4wd transmission.
This will also become my daily driver. I need some excitement on my drives to work.
engine will be a z6.
pistons, thinking about viatras.
rods. not sure yet.
camshaft, i need that will pass smog.
main bearings, not sure of which ones to use.
crankshaft. using the stock one.
piston rings, not sure.
valve springs and retainer,not sure
planning to turbo for sure tho(:

i want my car to handle the boost and last me a lot of miles.
thinking about 300- 400

I'm a Wagon Rt4wd owner, Love it Shes a beauty.
When i had 1st got her.
i Put some 99-00 Si's

Had a too take a pic with my friends Fish eye W/ roof rack!

Last edited by dre1162; 12-06-2011 at 10:04 PM.
dre1162 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Try Searching before you make a post so you wont have to be spoonfed like a baby............Just a helpfull suggestion for you in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 the425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

XBL Gamertag: the425th

Quote:
do i drive with my turbo on or no?
the425th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Must be nice for kids these days to figure how to do an engine swap or build online?

Sucked for me back in the day doing swaps or builds, I had to figure everything out for myself with know help? And not having the option of going online and getting expert advice or being able to search out my answers..........Everything way back in the day was all trial and error and thinking out your shit.

Kids are spoiled today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

theres just soo many options and dont feel like being a bitter just need some inspiration.(:
i may sound like a baby, but hey we all started somewhere. and here i am now a noob!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 the425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eagle

I find myself trying to rep you multiple times a day, Mack. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1162 View Post
theres just soo many options and dont feel like being a bitter just need some inspiration.(:
i may sound like a baby, but hey we all started somewhere. and here i am now a noob!

"I know this is a douchey thing to do, but I'm going to do it anyway"

^^translation

Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Quote:
You want to help yourslef by being spoonfed??

Do yourself a favour and try doing some work and searching for topics that have been covered a billion times a year on this site.......thats how you learn and help yourself!

Yeah everybody starts somewhere, but not everybody is a lazy ass n00b who expects the whole world to stop drop and role when they need some info?

Old 12-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

this is just my rough draft, putting my info and ideas so other can comment and stuff. Will be posting up my other laziness of ideas soon.
being and full time student and a full time job aint easy. barely have time to breath.
anyways, engine will be a z6 soon.
1st task to search for one.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Quote:
this is just my rough draft, putting my info and ideas so other can comment and stuff. Will be posting up my other laziness of ideas soon.
being and full time student and a full time job aint easy. barely have time to breath.
anyways, engine will be a z6 soon.
1st task to search for one.
I predict in your future a beat up Z6 that has over 200,000 miles on it but you will be told 40,000.
It will be slower then shit, but not as shitty looking as your car.
Your only mod will be a K&N filter and a E-Gay header with lots of stickers!

Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
I predict in your future a beat up Z6 that has over 200,000 miles on it but you will be told 40,000.
lol dayuuum. ouch.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

glw the build
Del Solja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glw your post count ^^

Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post

dont forget my 18 inch rims,my hood pins and my huge wing(:
Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Quote:
dont forget my 18 inch rims,my hood pins and my huge wing(:
Pretty sure by the description of your life you cant afford those items you listed.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

dre1162 it would be best not to argue with people cuz then after you do actually search for something then ask a question no one will want to give your smart ass a real answer.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

pistons, thinking about viatras.Good choice its proven for your goal
rods. not sure yet. fjt makes custom length ones that are nice to keep compression up alittle heigher
camshaft, i need that will pass smog.stock will work although larger will make things easier to hit your goal
main bearings, not sure of which ones to use.i like oem ones although many have used ACL or King
crankshaft. using the stock one.correct
piston rings, not sure.should come with the pistons
valve springs and retainer,not suresupertech,bisimoto,skunk2 all work im sure there are a few more
planning to turbo for sure tho(:atleast a 50trim/57trim with larger A/R like .63 or any equivilant bullsye,precision or whom ever you choose.
Andy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!

how many boost can i haz n stk d6z6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy8 View Post
pistons, thinking about viatras.Good choice its proven for your goal
rods. not sure yet. fjt makes custom length ones that are nice to keep compression up alittle heigher
camshaft, i need that will pass smog.stock will work although larger will make things easier to hit your goal
main bearings, not sure of which ones to use.i like oem ones although many have used ACL or King
crankshaft. using the stock one.correct
piston rings, not sure.should come with the pistons
valve springs and retainer,not suresupertech,bisimoto,skunk2 all work im sure there are a few more
planning to turbo for sure tho(:atleast a 50trim/57trim with larger A/R like .63 or any equivilant bullsye,precision or whom ever you choose.
Thanks a bunch, Hmmm. passing smog illegally wont be too bad.
I'm Still debating if i should stay a6 or z6 because I'd love to keep my 4wd on my wagon. Or do a Mini-me.
Isn't it better to keep a low comp with Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
how many boost can i haz n stk d6z6
I'm not really positive but heres a few people running stock engines with turbo with low psi.
Here's the link

https://www.d-series.org/forums/archi...liability.html
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!

I was jf with you But yes, lo comp=mobettah for boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 Didly dane will become famous soon enoughDidly dane will become famous soon enoughDidly dane will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

The cam is the least of your worries got passing smog man..
At least in CA it would be..
The z6 in a wagon isn't passable unless its bar'd which I've never seen done...
Plus the intercooler turbo manifold and such probably won't allow you to pass.
Didly dane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d16z6 turbo viatras

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in