WWD-SD? (what would ..... Do) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Deuce217 is learning the way of the DDeuce217 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default WWD-SD? (what would ..... Do)

Any way, I am going to buy some injectors soon was wondering which ones would be best for my 280-300hp goal. Here is my build in a nut shell, by each component feel free to suggest something new. Thanks

D16a6 Block
y8 head(still debating on springs and cam)
eagle h beams
cp flat top pistons
gt25 garret BB turbo
flea-bay cast mani
arp head studs
debating on rod and main bearings? what would you use? I was liking the price on the clevite race bearings. The ACL race look more bad ass though, but I dont think there are necessary for my mild build. But I might buy a bigger turbo someday and crank it up. I think this current turbo is gonna be balls to the wall trying to flow even 260hp.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

RC Fuel Injection

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Deuce217 is learning the way of the DDeuce217 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
great resource thanks buddy

Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

dsm 450cc call it a day
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

That chart showed like 526cc if I desired 300 hp to the fly wheel. Who think all thinks the 450 are fine? I have a set that were in the car, but I will probably buy a new set. These ones look old and shitty.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

If you are wantin ~300 or so go with some 500 or 550 and be done. If they are a tad small then you can up the fuel pressure just a bit to help. Have to make sure your fuel pump can handle the extra pressure though.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Injector Dynamics 2000cc high impedance injector (2200cc) [ID2000] - $959.80 : Jay Racing

you could get these and youll not have to worry about injectors again

Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

450's can do it, its just on the edge of maxing them out. I put down 341 dynojet to the wheels on my 450's at 94% duty and guess what...2 stuck wide open lol. As you see in my sig, 297 whp on a mustang dyno (they read a bit low) its fine on the 450's but some overhead is always a plus.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie

A lil bigger incase you wanna upgrade your turbo later, saves from buying bigger ones later.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
Old 05-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 19 punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punkbomb138 Send a message via Yahoo to punkbomb138

i have always found that bigger is better because yes you may only want 300 now but eventually you are going to want to go for more and why rebuy parts again. all of my builds ive always overbuilt for more power than i was shooting for. i started at 300 aswell but built it so it could take alot more. just seems efficient to me to do it that way. turbo on the other hand is a whole other matter. to big and you got problems to small and you got problems thats the only piece that i would rebuy as my power goals went up.

side note if you get injectors that are way bigger than your power goals doesnt that lead to lower load on them and increase fuel mileage since they arent working at 90 plus % duty cycle?

punkbomb138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkbomb138 View Post
i have always found that bigger is better because yes you may only want 300 now but eventually you are going to want to go for more and why rebuy parts again. all of my builds ive always overbuilt for more power than i was shooting for. i started at 300 aswell but built it so it could take alot more. just seems efficient to me to do it that way. turbo on the other hand is a whole other matter. to big and you got problems to small and you got problems thats the only piece that i would rebuy as my power goals went up.

side note if you get injectors that are way bigger than your power goals doesnt that lead to lower load on them and increase fuel mileage since they arent working at 90 plus % duty cycle?
Idk about better mpg's. Currently my 450's on my n/a build are working at 30-40% at wot. But less worries about inj malfuntions.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

1000cc inj.....will allow you to go e85 down the road....750cc otherwise.....

I can gaurentee I will see a fs add with that turbo over the winter cuz u WILL want more...

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
1000cc inj.....will allow you to go e85 down the road....750cc otherwise.....

I can gaurentee I will see a fs add with that turbo over the winter cuz u WILL want more...
I got money on this... lol damn human nature! Why have one chick when you could have twins... Yeah, thats why I have put money into the rest of the components.. I am leaving room for boredom to push me past practical power. I was thinking of using arp studs for the main caps and girdle as well.. While I am having machined. This is something you want to have them do, the arps can cause a slight warp on the block do to the increased torque they require. Any ways I will go 750cc then as long as long as there is no side effect of going a bit too large. Thanks guys.

If I buy the 750cc injectors on the fs add under "turbo goodies" how much will it cost to properly add a resistor box for them to work? Thanks I will buy these when he pms me back as long as your guys think they are worth it.

OH and Scott20 I am loving your write up on the How to hook up coolant lines. I will be using it as a reference on my garret.

p.s. If you are reading this on a saturday YOUR A LOSER with no life! Just like me!lol

Last edited by Deuce217; 05-21-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: forgot something
Deuce217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Not a loser...a dad weekend....and dso gives me something to do while I stand outside and smoke

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you say you were running dsm 450's....if so then the resistorrs should already be wired in.....otherwise I think its 5bucks for a two pack of resistors at radio shack, 8 for the 35 or 45watt soldering iron, and t bucks for silver solder< that one is important get the 80/80/20 silver solder

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicken92civic View Post
looking good man
post whoring, gtfo

Last edited by 2drz6; 05-21-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce217 View Post
I got money on this... lol damn human nature! Why have one chick when you could have twins... Yeah, thats why I have put money into the rest of the components.. I am leaving room for boredom to push me past practical power. I was thinking of using arp studs for the main caps and girdle as well.. While I am having machined. This is something you want to have them do, the arps can cause a slight warp on the block do to the increased torque they require. Any ways I will go 750cc then as long as long as there is no side effect of going a bit too large. Thanks guys.

If I buy the 750cc injectors on the fs add under "turbo goodies" how much will it cost to properly add a resistor box for them to work? Thanks I will buy these when he pms me back as long as your guys think they are worth it.

OH and Scott20 I am loving your write up on the How to hook up coolant lines. I will be using it as a reference on my garret.

p.s. If you are reading this on a saturday YOUR A LOSER with no life! Just like me!lol

ill help ya wire them bitches up
MattEngels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 03:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
turn up tha boost !

Rep Power: 14 NOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

750's is goood
450's won't be enough some day

Noobs get a [email protected]!*
Here:

NOSAJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Well.......

i vote 1000cc or more, with a aeromotive(i think thats the brand) 340lph fuel pump, and your fuel system will be set

Old 05-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

7mgte supra injectors are 550cc
modified wrx injectors can do 800cc
CNG ford v8 injectors are 1600cc

The injectors from a 5.3 flew fuel truck, scion tc and camry, srt-4 and a few others I can't think of right now all have potential for 500+ccs

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Racetronix - Fuel Injectors & Accessories

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in