What's going on with the USDM D15B forged rods? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default What's going on with the USDM D15B forged rods?

Like the title says, what's going on with the rods from either Belgium or from Fj Distributors? Anyone built and tested an engine with them yet? Are there any plans to mass produce either one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
VTEC withdrawals

Rep Power: 12 spoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatness
Send a message via Skype™ to spoonsol

there isnt such thing as a usdm d15b....what are you talking about?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
spoonsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

He means B1 B2 and B7.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Thank you Sentry!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Thats funny because I have a set.... The guy contacted me the other day asking if anyone has used them but I have not heard of anyone yet myself included. Rc is thinking of buying somemore of there Gen 2 rods so we will see what happens

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

I think its the lack of deman. Most people are going with a 1.6 block. And most 1.6 d motors parts are interchangeable. The d15 is just kinda left in the dust.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!

Believe me, there is NOT a lack of demand for these.

Someone just needs to start really cranking them out so people can actually buy them.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

It's not a lack of demand, it's lack of balls. I'd buy a set just to have, because I have three D15 blocks in the basement that would )(#*$()#$ love boost.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I tought rc autoworks was shipping tese bad bithces otu

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Dang I agree just got rid of my d15.
Moeeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

The demand is there but no one has done much about it. If I had the cash I'd get a prototype rolling along with getting the TBRIA out on the market. I don't know why it has taken so long for RC Autoworks to get a batch going. The rods they imported from Hungary have been in use for nearly three years now, so we know they work! I even have videos of of Lazlo drag racing his Civic at the Hungaroring and a few of his customers doing some hellacious burnouts.

I wonder if Bob still has a set he'd be willing to sell. I would buy at least two sets just for myself if they were available.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

rc bought leslies remaining inventory a few months ago....they sold out instantly....there is not a lack of demand....but fj has his prototypes done....and they have been sent to a few testers....cough..cough..danz..cough..cough

so pm the testers or send them donations to finish there cars, or hell harrass them a bit so they will stop messing with the other seven builds they have and finish the one alot of people are waiting on ....lol jk

if your super interested the more bob at rc get emails/ pms the more likly it will make it to the top of his priority list.....he is here for the love of the game but the man needs to eat, and if he feels he will make some money, he'll get some more

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 04:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I highly doubt we will be seeing anything from Fj in the way of rods for the D15. It's already been four years since he started talking about making them and even if the ones being tested do work, I don't think it'll happen. It seems like ever since Francisco moved the company to the states he has lost interest in the aftermarket supply business. I think that Bob coming through with a forged rod would be our best hope.

Are you listening Bob?! You've got interested buyers waiting for you to make it happen buddy!

Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

fj already designed and produced some rods.....but he needs them tested before he will put them on the market....rod design in theory and on paper doesnt always work in the real world and he has his reputation on the line.....so needless to say they have to be tested first

exact reason leslie only said he knows his rods will withstand 300whp.....that the power level his car is at and thats where he KNOWS they are good to.....could they do more, probably, but he wont say yes for that very reason, and bob will tell you they have only been tested to ~300whp

whaaaaa did he say d15b2 vitara build...with fj rods? .....i think so

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...on-inside.html

i say the testers need to get to work

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

The only bad side about buying the rods is that we would have to inventory them that takes cash plain and simple people are reluctant to pay up front and have to wait for them to be made show up. Hell Lazlo has not even made a new batch of the rods yet so we are still waiting on them to come back into production. The more they move the more they will make. The demand is here I see that already but people are so god damn impatient and want everything now now now. Contact [email protected] Im sure they will get the ball rolling on these when the time comes. So put your money where you mouth is if you want em put up for em......

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

If you had the cash you would just buy OTS rods(Crower, etc.)!
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Bob had set he was offering to sell me but i have a 1.6
D16EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Just wondering, when did FJT send out the 1.5l rods for testing?
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropes

7 years ago

i think a few months ago
D16EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

if someone wants to donate a clutch to me that will hold 350whp ill put the motor in the wagon.

i will also need 500+cc injectors and a bigger fuel pump. and an intercooler.

ill cover the rest.

or you can wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in