What you reckon??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What you reckon???

i found a seller from the states selling a turbo kit for the EK's

i messaged him regarding if he would sell just the inter cooler and the pipes from the intake to the intercooler to the turbo and he said $350

is this a good price for the pipes and intercooler and has anyone purchased of this seller before and whats the quality like before i go ahead,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

i want to make my own kit by buying separate parts and going ahead for a garret turbo for next year.

hoping for a d16z6 EK 2000

your help will he appreciated,
kahn_v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano

do you have a link to the items...is that the price shipped to london?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano

also im confussed are you hoping the parts are for that motor, what motor does ''ek'' have

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

way over priced for ebay shit, exspecially for that prduct..dont be a fool

You can get intercooler kits off ebay for like 150$ shipped, if not alittle higher or alittle lower

Check out go-autoworks..he has some good deals on piping and FMIC's
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheasekhatch View Post
also im confussed are you hoping the parts are for that motor, what motor does ''ek'' have
I think it would have the d16y8 like the usdm ones have..might even be stamped as a d16y6..some thing i took a look at..i could be wrong
Old 05-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

im going for the d16z6. have you got a web link for the go autoworks? also where are they based? ive ust checked the currency and $350 doller costs just over 220

im hoping that i wont get charged import tax lol
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

and this is the link

D15 D16 CIVIC DEL SOL COMPLETE TURBO KIT EG EK+RADIATOR - eBay (item 220782266592 end time May-15-11 14:33:10 PDT)
Old 05-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

GO-AUTOWORKS.COM- (334)467-4171- YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR TURBO KITS-COMPONENTS-FABRICATION-INSTALLS-

Up in the left hand corner you click "store" and take a gander at the products

I dont know how your money system works so i cant really help you out with that dilema
Old 05-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Buy the complete eBay kit then sell the turbo alone for about $75-100.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
Buy the complete eBay kit then sell the turbo alone for about $75-100.
Yea thats a waste of money...

The guy is asking that much just for the intercooler and the piping alone, why waste that much on a shitty kit just to sell the turd of a turbo?

major loss in profit if you think about it..
Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all

I dont think its a shitty kit. Comes with T clamps, silicone couplers, aluminum radiator etc. I might even pick up that kit when I boost again. You cant beat the $700 SHIPPED hes asking for. Oh and OP wants a diifferent turbo.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

im looking to go for the garrett T28 turbo

and this is the manifold im hoping to get

CAST Stainless TURBO MANIFOLD Honda D CIVIC D16 D15 | eBay UK

seems like a strong manifold lol and will last for some time

this is the reply i got from the seller thats selling me the pipe work.
it would not require any modifications, and is a direct bolt on piping. The piping uses SSQV blow off valve, and it comes with silicone couplers.

Last edited by kahn_v; 05-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Didnt know they made staineless steel log manifolds. Id like to see how it performs.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

That manifold is for a t3 turbo? Is so you need an adapter plate so it will fit the t28 your wanting. If you can weld or have exhuast places around there . You can have them bend the pipes for you so that you only need to order/buy a few couplers.

I know how the importing stuff works and it sucks. That's y I don't ship outside the usa shiping price becomes higher then item. So best for you is to find as much as you can in you area

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
Didnt know they made staineless steel log manifolds. Id like to see how it performs.
Same as castiron just cast stainless and polished after.

. RIP

Last edited by xile6; 05-16-2011 at 03:51 PM.
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Do you think itll crack?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Cast SS won't crack if it's a quality piece. If anything, it'll be more durable.

That's part of the reason why they use it in exhaust housings for turbos.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Its all in who makes it, stuff on there is a hit or miss

With it being cast though you shouldnt have a problem..any other mani on there i wouldnt drop a dime into unless it was cast.

And darkcreep you have fun with that kit..let me know how it works out for you..you'll end up spending more money on shit that doesnt fit or is just a straight POS..Yea sounds like a awsome deal but it tends to bite you in the ass

save that 700$ and do your self a favor and put it towards peicing your own kit togther..Just think you can basically peice your own kit (name brand) for 1100-1500..budget were talking and still have quality parts..save another 700 and there you go you got a quality peiced together kit

Just saying...
Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

thanks for the feedback on the mani guys,. will be checking my funds and hopefully going for that cast manifold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in