Do i need oil catch can on breather on z6 boosted - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Do i need oil catch can on breather on z6 boosted

hey i have a d16z6turbo ready so when i go turbo do i need a oil catch system attached to the valve cover when i make boosted power so the oil fumes wouldn't get out ??? lmk
jdmtek1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

no you dont need one
la_hondas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...crankcase.html

I would read this. No its not always needed alot of people dont run them
Boost Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

ill let you know that you should SEARCH. unheard of concept i know.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

you dont need rubber on your rims to drive on them

but if u dont want to ruin your rims, its probably a good idea to get rubber.

the same analogy applies to your question and situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

Sooooo, if I don't run a catch can, I can shoot sparks out of my valve cover?!?

Saweeeet!

Wait, won't that cause danger to manifold?

"Sometimes they complain. 'You know, the lower half income people, they don’t pay any income tax & what are we going to do about it?' And I say, we’re half way there!" - Ron Paul

"I freestyle my destiny, it's not written in pages." - Immortal Technique
Atreidies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

Rep Power: 11 Sarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreidies View Post

Saweeeet!

hellz naw! that wut all teh kool kids do nowadays!

Need and ecu converted/chipped/socketed? PM me.

Speed cost, how fast can you afford to go?

"While it is legal for the police to lie, they may not unreasonably pressure a suspect to commit a crime."

My for sale thread!
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

Rep Power: 11 Sarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmtek1 View Post
hey i have a d16z6turbo ready so when i go turbo do i need a oil catch system attached to the valve cover when i make boosted power so the oil fumes wouldn't get out ??? lmk
no, it is not absolutely necessary, but if you want your engine to live for a while i suggest you use one. you don't have to vent it out of the valve cover, you could use the go-autoworks black box AN adapter, it doesn't cost much. and if you cant afford a catch can, you should just sell your setup now because you will spend lots more before it is truly "ready to go". not saying that you can't afford one, just a lot of people say things like that but they want to go turbo. get one, it will be good insurance for you.

Need and ecu converted/chipped/socketed? PM me.

Speed cost, how fast can you afford to go?

"While it is legal for the police to lie, they may not unreasonably pressure a suspect to commit a crime."

My for sale thread!
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmtek1 View Post
Yes you need one check the FS section or email Rcautoworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_hondas View Post
no you dont need one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Addiction View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
Ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner

Danz that was too nice man!

Last edited by Boosted-EH-804; 05-12-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

save your self the hassle and get one, they range from all different price ranges

Better safe then sorry is how i look at it.

Shit you can even make your own for dirt cheap, i seen a couple threads floating around with people making there own and they turned out good
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Running a boosted Honda without a catch can is like getting fucked in the ass without getting a reach around.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Smashing It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smashing

Quote:

Just remember, after your manifold fails, your floorboards are next.

I <3
Smashing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 skweekz is learning the way of the Dskweekz is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

get a breather tank man, between ebay and home depot i set mine up for 60 bucks. PCV system works off of vacuum to get drawn open. ask yourself how your main seals will feel when positive positive boost pressure forces it closed.....
skweekz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
Running a boosted Honda without a catch can is like getting fucked in the ass without getting a reach around.
LMFAO!!! hahah

Old 05-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

Quote:
Yeah that sounds pretty rough hahaha
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_hondas View Post
no you dont need one
wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Addiction View Post

good link but 99% of the time you need one
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
this guy knows what he is talkin about
Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

good analogy, fits pretty good. i like your humor
Quote:

Saweeeet!

this guy has jokes, i like. in a non sexual way.
Quote:
this made me a little weary of you. you might be a bit gay.

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_12-21-2012 View Post
this made me a little weary of you. you might be a bit gay.
A bit gay? You're either gay or you're not.
I don't care if you think I'm gay, that shit was full of lulz.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Quote:
You have a point just because he only gets the head in still makes you gay LMAO

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
lol i know, just dicking with you....haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted-EH-804 View Post
You have a point just because he only gets the head in still makes you gay LMAO
LMAO EEEEEEWWWWW hahahahahha

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

everyones a little gay....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in