Greddy turbo kit question help !! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Greddy turbo kit question help !!

i found a greddy td04h-15g kit for sale real cheap it does not come with a intercooler even when it was new. greddy says the boost is set and sealed at 5 psi how would i turn the boost up and if i bought a innercooler would i have to get the pipe with it to
kyle741852963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 jdmken90 is learning the way of the Djdmken90 is learning the way of the D

i would personally keep it at 5 psi. but i like reliability
Old 05-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

im going to answer this question, but you HAVE TO SEARCH MORE!

boost controller.
intercooler requires new piping

read the stickies, search..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

you have to change the spring dont you
Old 05-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 jdmken90 is learning the way of the Djdmken90 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloK View Post
im going to answer this question, but you HAVE TO SEARCH MORE!

boost controller.
intercooler requires new piping

read the stickies, search..
but reading is so HARD!!! lol

seriously though, i should read those...maybe i could start to answer some questions with real answers instead of opinions
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 dj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

WTF,

It's internal wastegate, it's good for 19psi all the way turn.

Noobie f***NG read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dj211855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

the noob that asked the noob question or the noob that gave the noob answer?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to boostaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmken90 View Post
same here
boostaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Crix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like BoratCrix smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Pshhhh!!!!! NOOOO!!!!

If you wanna keep it at 5 psi.... Why dont you just run a vaccum line threw your firewall soo you can blow in it???

Crix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Boost controller and youll need to mock up piping. I doubt you need and intercooler on 5psi though.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

If its a complete kit with blue box and injectors. Then keep everything as it is. Don't change anything just bolt it on till you learn more about turbos. Remeber run 91 octane or higher gas.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Default Turning Up GREDDY Kit Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle741852963 View Post
i found a greddy td04h-15g kit for sale real cheap it does not come with a intercooler even when it was new. greddy says the boost is set and sealed at 5 psi how would i turn the boost up and if i bought a innercooler would i have to get the pipe with it to
Kyle, I understand how you feel bro. The 1st thing I wanted to test, or speculate was boost. I reccomend not even thinking about that until you have a full working setup at the factory setting of 5 psi (or 20 psia for u boost-heads out there). If you can't run at 5 psi smoothly or reliably, turning up the boost SIGNIFIGANTLY increases your chances of catastrophic failure (motor go boom), and with stuff like this it's easy to loose focus on what is truly important.

What I'm trying to say is just make it work at 5 psi, then look into changing boost levels. Just my 2 cents.

My build, my tune, my work:

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...aking-nap.html
Daleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
I'm with you man.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...aking-nap.html
Daleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I run the Greddy turbo setup. If you add an intercooler youll see about 3.5 psi after its installed. At least i did. So the EASIEST way to add boost without butchering your kit is to take the compressor output and run it to a MBC then run it back to the waste gate. But if you run more than 5 psi youll want an intercooler or you'll ping like hell and your motor will fail. And a tune as well lol.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

the greddy kit comes with an adjustable internal wastegate.
the instructions say it is set to 5psi but many people report that is closer to 7.5psi.
as stated earlier you will want an intercooler if you boost more that the orginal setting.
also, being used, the previous owner may have changed the wg setting.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all

How does PSI go up by adding a FMIC?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
How does PSI go up by adding a FMIC?
suppose to go down but when you use an intercooler you can run higher psi then not using one. not sure if thats what was trying to be said or not but thats what true.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

well it turns out the turbo i got with the kit is not greddy. its a garrett gt20525 turbo. how much boost do they put out
Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Greddy kits use Garrett turbos IIRC. And it depends on what the wastegate is set too not the turbo.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

greddy kits come with a TD04H-15G mitubishi spec turbo

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in