Turbo? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 ShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the communityShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the communityShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the communityShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Turbo?

I want to run a turbo set up on my a6/y8 build and i am not sure what good ones i should look into. . Any help woulld be great/
ShakeThisEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 bradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

What are your power goals? DD? Track only? Stock internals? Search first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 ShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the communityShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the communityShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the communityShakeThisEf  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Sorry about lack of details. but i have eagle rods je mid comp pistons stock y8 head. i want to run low 11s and drive it daily.
ShakeThisEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeThisEf View Post
Sorry about lack of details. but i have eagle rods je mid comp pistons stock y8 head. i want to run low 11s and drive it daily.
daily driving it will be alright if you have a good tuner.
so you already have the rods and pistons installed?
its going to be hard running low 11's but it can and has been done with your type of setup.
you will need supporting stuff tho too. intake mani would be a good one. it would be much easier if you have cam and springs in the head.
just pic a good turbo thats not too big but not so small you have to run tons of boost.
you should aim for a 400whp range. that should get you into low 11's high 10's with slicks and good driving
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

you want a daily low 11's car? i havent searched around the builds lately but the first one that comes to mind that hit that was drunkenmaster1 car. he had a y8 block, h-beam rods, vitara pistons, ported pump, stock z6 top end and all other turbo goodies like injectors bov ws 3 bar map.. it was at 405 on race gas and hit mid-low 11's in a 92-95 sedan.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

all you hadda do was search and you can find a shit load of info dude..seriously

Dont worry about the intake mani stated above..just get a stock y8 or z6 mani and port it and youll be fine

look into getting some head work, mild p&p, springs, if you really wanna get valves and retainers and all that you can but you really dont have to but get a cam and matching springs for sure, if you really wanna take a look at the kms head package on FJ..if you want a cheap reliable cam check out the zex 59300..good for turbo street driven car

the rods and pistons you have will be fine for the bottom end, for the turbo take a look at a garret t3/t4 57 trim or 60 trim..that will get you to the level for a 400whp car..

And def make sure you have a reliable tuner for sure..i dont think you wanna see your shit go boom since your gonna DD it.

If this is your first build and your first turbod car then you might wanna rethink this and go alittle lower before you wrap yourself around a pole..just saying...

Its alot more then what you really think so do some more searching before you get to deep in it..it will save you the simple questions like this that have already been answerd..
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

11 second car and daily driven good luck.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 jrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej1civic coupe View Post
all you hadda do was search and you can find a shit load of info dude..seriously

Dont worry about the intake mani stated above..just get a stock y8 or z6 mani and port it and youll be fine

look into getting some head work, mild p&p, springs, if you really wanna get valves and retainers and all that you can but you really dont have to but get a cam and matching springs for sure, if you really wanna take a look at the kms head package on FJ..if you want a cheap reliable cam check out the zex 59300..good for turbo street driven car

the rods and pistons you have will be fine for the bottom end, for the turbo take a look at a garret t3/t4 57 trim or 60 trim..that will get you to the level for a 400whp car..

And def make sure you have a reliable tuner for sure..i dont think you wanna see your shit go boom since your gonna DD it.

If this is your first build and your first turbod car then you might wanna rethink this and go alittle lower before you wrap yourself around a pole..just saying...

Its alot more then what you really think so do some more searching before you get to deep in it..it will save you the simple questions like this that have already been answerd..
perfect info

1997 Honda Crv FWD

2010 Honda Fit Sport

93 Civic Lx Sdn D16Z6-T 233whp & 193 trq
jrock162000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!

sure feels like summer

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

pick up an hx35 for $150-$200
they make great power. you can hit 400whp+

are you in PGH? i swear I've seen your car
Racer Rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF9 View Post
sure feels like summer
That must be your favorite line? haha
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to boostaholic

big 16g dsm
boostaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to boostaholic

mabie even get away with a 14b its got a good flow rate
boostaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej1civic coupe View Post
That must be your favorite line? haha
only just for the cause

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
11 second car and daily driven good luck.
oh really...my car is daily driven and i should be well into the 11's with my new tune, not to mention at 4800ft elevation.

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

a 11 second car and daily driven is VERY doable... its when it gets to the 10 second DD cars that arent as fun.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in