JRSC+Spray? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 04:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default JRSC+Spray?

Hey guys,

I got a few questions and want opinions. Well last night i bought a New in the box sneaky pete NOS kit. well it comes with a 20-25-30hp jet. It is a DRY kit. Anyway if i would spray this in my car the boost will increase from what i had read doing research. does this mean i will have to still add more fuel? i do have a wideband so i can watch my afr's. I just want to make sure of everything before i hook it all up and fill the bottle. i want to start out on the smallest jet to get a feel for it the move up to 30 when i get more content with it. Thanks for your input guys
91z6crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

throw a 50 shot on there because i highly doubt your gonna even feel a 30 shot or less..... retune and drive happy
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If you cant feel a 30 shot, youre doing it wrong.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

If you are seriously asking IF ur gonna need more fuel, you should leave the juice alone. U r not only inj'ing spray, but "increasing boost" as well. What is gonna happen to your afr when you increase the oxygen levels?

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

How are you increasing boost when you spray?
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
If you cant feel a 30 shot, youre doing it wrong.
i barely noticed my 50 shot, but acourse my bottle psi was like 650........
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

thats is my question. im running 7-8 psi depending on the air temp. if it increases boost when i spary the ecu should run give it more fuel right? so in theary if i spray and my boost goes up the ecu will put more fuel in it??? thats what im trying to ask.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

Nitrous won't increase boost.

It will add oxygen to the combustion process, causing your engine to go lean.
That's why you need to tune specifically for nitrous.

You can think of it as increasing boost because it increases the amount of oxygen in the engine, but it doesn't increase boost. It's not the same thing. Boost stays the same, since it's RPM-relative in JRSC's. But the amount of air increases, and the ECU has no way to tell, so the mix will go lean and you'll fuck shit up if you don't tune for it.

Look up transzex's posts on it. He's like the Zex-Kit guru.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91z6crx View Post
thats is my question. im running 7-8 psi depending on the air temp. if it increases boost when i spary the ecu should run give it more fuel right? so in theary if i spray and my boost goes up the ecu will put more fuel in it??? thats what im trying to ask.
I understand what your saying about increasing boost. In the real world it doesnt but in the tech world it could.
The spray would drop IAT which could add more boost because of colder air, BUT for that to work it would seem to me that it would have to be sprayed on the intake of the turbo so it could be compressed.

And your wideband wouldnt caught the spray fast enough.
When messing with dry shots you can mess up alot. I had a dry zex kit about 6yrs ago and burnt 2 valves and the top of a piston.
Dry sucks ass wet is always better.
Always add more fuel for spray. Always tune for spray. Always spray in mid-higher rpm.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

thats where i was goin to spray in the intake before my throttle body so the supercharger would compress it. how much harm would it do if i tried it once with a 20 shot. for 5 seconds to see my afr's?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

You WILL need more fuel.

/thread
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

you actually get more power out of nitrous when using it with boosted applications rather than n/a. Since you can pack waay more charge into the chamber with alot more air for it to burn you will get more power, or efficiency actually. and when you can pack alot more air into the same space you better add more fuel or else your going to get nice little holes in the tops of your pistons.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

wet kits are designed for cars with no fuel management as it adds the extra fuel manually. dry kits need to be used with fuel management to add the extra fuel. personally I'd go high comp build before nos on a JRSC setup

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91z6crx View Post
thats where i was goin to spray in the intake before my throttle body so the supercharger would compress it. how much harm would it do if i tried it once with a 20 shot. for 5 seconds to see my afr's?
your car your motor, so i cant tell you what to do and what not to do.

All i can say is it only takes a sec to blow a motor. You never know your AFR could be 11:1 then you spray and it jumps to 15:1 and your valve burn, then you let off the gas. then your wondering why your car wont idle and sounds like a tractor.

IMO its not worth it even to test. All motors need the right amount of air and the right amount of fuel to not blow up. remember your motor is a controlled bomb.

*edit*
Also was talking about turbos as in spraying before the compressor would give more psi. but as i said realy world things happen differently

. RIP

Last edited by xile6; 05-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Deuce217 is learning the way of the DDeuce217 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

IMO, If the car is already supercharged why add nitrous? I think running more boost would be better in the long run, and of course tune accordingly.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce217 View Post
IMO, If the car is already supercharged why add nitrous? I think running more boost would be better in the long run, and of course tune accordingly.
With a JRSC, your limited in how much boost you can run before the SC really just blows hot air. Your only other options to increase power are higher compression, better manifolding, better headwork, or Nitrous. And the first three can only go so far.

Oh, and these are the kind of shenanigans you get into when you spray on a JRSC:

68 Mini, Built D16Z6, JRSC, 75 shot nitrous, 245whp | Evans Tuning Dyno Database
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in