Are 1000cc injectors too big? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Default Are 1000cc injectors too big?

I bought a set of 880cc precision injectors for my build (aiming for ~330 whp) but after sending them to injector rehab they told me they were 1000cc injectors...

Just wondering if they're too big, will i have trouble getting the engine to idle with 1000cc injectors and a 255 pump?

any input would be appreciated, just a bit worried and would like anyone with more knowledge to chime in.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sloK

im going to tell you this, atleast you arent my friend who bought precision 525cc injectors and they turned out to be dsm 390cc injectors.

your tuner shouldnt have a problem getting them to idle... hell i didnt have a problem getting 1000cc injectors to idle

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Nope. You can just run them at a lower cycle duty and you'll be good.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Theyre gonna suck idling if you run gas. But on ethanol, youll never notice.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

ill be honested. id switch them out for something smaller. yes you can tune them down a bit but you can only do that so much. think of it this way. "Dsm 450cc blue tops" are maxed out at ~300ph.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealone View Post
Theyre gonna suck idling if you run gas. But on ethanol, youll never notice.
this. on E85 they run great but for your hp goal i would look for something around 550cc, on pump gas those would be plenty...

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

If your tuner is any good, they'll work and idle fine.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

I idle my precision 1000s and walbro 255 just fine. You have no worries.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

OBD0 ECUs can't idle injectors that large, but if you are OBD1 it should be fine.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
OBD0 ECUs can't run pulse widths low enough to idle injectors that large, but if you are OBD1 it should be fine.
Beave - Can't base pressure can be dropped to bring flow rates down at PWs that are achievable with obd0 ecu's? Spray pattern suffers, but how important is atomization at idle anyways? Your TE knowledgabilities and experience are way beyond what mine are, just wanting to make sure my plan (big injectors) is possible with TE.

"Sometimes they complain. 'You know, the lower half income people, they don’t pay any income tax & what are we going to do about it?' And I say, we’re half way there!" - Ron Paul

"I freestyle my destiny, it's not written in pages." - Immortal Technique
Atreidies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

If you have to pass emissions testing at idle and low speeds, spray pattern is extremely important.

750cc injectors are about the largest you can run on TE without pressure manipulation. I think it's possible to run 1000cc injectors successfully this way, but you'll want to get a rising rate regulator to quickly ramp up the pressure and also make sure your pump will handle the additional pressure.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 hyboost is learning the way of the Dhyboost is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I'm running Bosch EV14 1000's (ID1000's)on a s300 and it idles smoothly at 800rpm
hyboost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
If your tuner is any good, they'll work and idle fine.

This!!
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyboost View Post
I'm running Bosch EV14 1000's (ID1000's)on a s300 and it idles smoothly at 800rpm
Those are badass injectors, so it's a given that they'll idle fine.

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 hyboost is learning the way of the Dhyboost is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

^^^
i'm just a firm beliver in doing it right
hyboost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

You dont even need 880CC injectors for 330hp LOL.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Does the fact I live 3500 above sea level make any difference? The air is a little thinner up here.

So far it's looking like i'll be alright. guys with first hand experience with 1000cc injectors was what i was after.

Thanks to all those that replied. you're all gettin' repped.

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Used Precision 1000s on E85 myself...idled fine, and had no issues. Fuel pressure set at 58psi with a single in-tank HP 255.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

sell them and get some blue tops
make some money off them
Racer Rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

lowball runs precision 1000's and it idles just fine.

i dont think many people in here have used them or maybe they just dont know how to tune fuel injector offsets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in