eGay BOVs? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ğ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ğ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 04:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 İurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to İurbow
Question eGay BOVs?

hello everyone.... I'm going to bring up the good ole eBay parts topic. I have did some research but looking for some first hand advice.

After moving to CO my turboXS RFL BOV had gave me issues. I was told that it was due to the altitude and that i needed a BOV with a lighter spring. So money is tight so i have been looking on ebay at the BOVs on there. Has anyone had any good/bad dealings with them?

Thanks,
Michael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
İurbow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I ran a HKS style ebay BOV on my last setup. I never had any problems with it, but I've read that they leak under high boost. But I never noticed it.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 05:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

My friends hks sqv knockoff worked fine, it was the one with the adjusting knob
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

hey michael, im running the egay hks knockoff right now...but there are some hks knockoffs that are better than others i will find you a link to the better ones.

egay hks

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX

Last edited by xxjdmcivicek9xx; 04-30-2011 at 12:33 PM.
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

you wont have any problems..some will tell you dif but when your tight on the money you gotta do what you gotta do man..its a hit or miss..for a temporarly BOV it will be perfect for your needs..thats the only ebay turbo componet i would run tho as for a turbo setup
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I had a greddy knockoff and it started to stick shut after awhile
D16EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 steinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to allsteinar is a name known to all

My ebay type rs is working great! After I replaced the spring, changed the intake nipple to a bigger one, changed the oring to one that didnt leak, and finally changed the cracked diaphram

Function > Form
steinar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Oh yeah my friends started to stick in the cold but I assume it needed to be cleaned cause it was pretty old and beat
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Maybe altitude does have something to do with it? Because Ive always owned china BOVs, and theyve all had too stiff of a spring. Ive got a TiAL knock off now, and it had the biggest spring in the world in it. So I put one a little shorter and softer in there. I figure, you need enough spring to help the valve seal when in boost. Thats it. IMO.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

I run an SSQV knockoff and it works just fine

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 repusnam55 is learning the way of the Drepusnam55 is learning the way of the D

I have the hks knock off im in co too works great. ha how are you likin aurora?

91 crx, Vitaras, a6/y8,16g.
repusnam55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

ive run 2 fake hks bov's and they have all worked fine.
you know you can go online and buy replacement springs for your BOV right?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 İurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatness

thanks for all of the input guys!

Quote:
xxjdmcivicek9xx
hey michael, im running the egay hks knockoff right now...but there are some hks knockoffs that are better than others i will find you a link to the better ones.

egay hks
Thanks, i'll check it when i get home.

Quote:
repusnam55
I have the hks knock off im in co too works great. ha how are you likin aurora?
its okay so far. still trying to find some cool car peeps to chill with but its cool here so far.

Quote:
cervan
ive run 2 fake hks bov's and they have all worked fine.
you know you can go online and buy replacement springs for your BOV right?
I have searched for a lighter spring. I have even attempted to contact TurboXS. I may try to call them next week. finding a replacement spring is not the issue, its finding a lighter spring. I was told that i need a 7lb spring and it will work fine.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i run a xs power rfl and it works good. i do lube it up every year or so just so it doesn't seize up
v8killaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjdmcivicek9xx View Post

egay hks
did yours come with the flange to attach it to the charge pipe?

Old 04-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by İurbow View Post
the first one i bought did, the second one didnt. might want to ask the seller that.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by İurbow View Post

yeah mine did

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

my egay type s and rs leaked during boost on my dsm. It wasn't a spring problem but the seal of the valve. One egay bov I do like is the one emusa they have a O-ring to seal the valve. Never had exp with the hks ones but for around 60$ you can get a new one.
illworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 03:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

I think i wil also run a Ebay BOV,

I like the blitz style sounds, but can't find a Egay BOV that compares to that one.

Does someone know something about this shop
360INFINITEUSA.COM | Custom car parts, performance auto parts and truck accessories
Justinb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

wow.... they are selling BOVs for stupid prices! lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in