Need help on a aftermarket Cam - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Need help on a aftermarket Cam

hey everyone, i got my motor rebuild last year for Boost but i haven't boosted yet because i damage my trans at the track so it getting rebuild. so i wanted to know which Cam would be good for my setup. block and head have gone to the machine shop to be clean and machine

Heres what i've done to my motor

FJ - 75.5mm vitara pistons/ rods

ACL race bearings

oem oil pump

oem head gasket

new gasket,seals

supertech valvetrain
JDMEJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

How much power you want to make?
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

any where between 250 to 300

Old 04-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Stock cam.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 jrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

stock cam will def make the power, i reckon since youve got supertech valvetrain hell why not put it to some use, id say got with a delta 272-2. They are cheap and alot of people run them. I will be sending my core in next month for one!!

1997 Honda Crv FWD

2010 Honda Fit Sport

93 Civic Lx Sdn D16Z6-T 233whp & 193 trq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jrock162000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

just keep it mild. An overly radical cam at that low power will only hurt you.
Id look into a regrind that basically just nets you a little more lift, not hardly any more overlap.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

ok, do you guys have a cam that would be ideal for my setup, i dont think i heard of a delta cam but what about a zex or crower cam
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Delta 260 or 272
ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Everyone suggested that you keep your stock cam. You can always turn up the boost.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yah my vote goes for stock. Eitehr that or a mild turbo cam to help hold the power to redline a bit better.
Getting a radical cam will just make it drive worse, idle worse, and spool slower at those kind of power levels.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Bisi 2.4 and make more power.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 khrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regular

honestly, i dont think anyone has ran the delta 272-2 yet, i have been searching for dynos and updated info and no luck. im not talking bad about it, i got one with the group buy. but other then it being cheap, how can you suggest it saying it will make X amount of whp?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

good to know, i was just reading on Bisi cams what do you guys thinks about that cam.

I know i can make more power on boost but the problem is i had to rebuild my trans cuz my axle broke inside my trans, so i sent it out and im getting a LSD, new bearing, seals,2,3,4 gears installed and buying OEM axles so it's coating me 1800.

I want to make a bit more power
Old 04-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D

I don't get what your trying to say. Your saying that if you run more boost to make your desire power level your going to break your transmission again? But then you said you want a cam to make more power. I don't get it. Let me see, 10PSI + stock cam = 250WHP = Save $300 bucks. 8PSI + aftermarket cam = 250WHP = spent $300 bucks. If you want to spend the extra $300 bucks to make the same power you would make with more boost then I guess that's your call then. Not to be mean, but I just think the money you spend on a cam is better spent somewhere else especially since all you want is 250-300. If you were shooting for 400+ with a ported head then yes a cam is a good idea.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

no im not saying that im going to break my trans if i boost it. I have to get it rebuild because of the axle breaking inside the trans and now when im driving im getting a lot of grinding and weird noises.

i just want to know which cam would be good cuz im not boosting it this year because im rebuild my trans and the shop that is rebuild the trans is giving me two free dyno runs
Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrys771 View Post
honestly, i dont think anyone has ran the delta 272-2 yet, i have been searching for dynos and updated info and no luck. im not talking bad about it, i got one with the group buy. but other then it being cheap, how can you suggest it saying it will make X amount of whp?

That would be incorrect.

Here's one:
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...crx-build.html

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 jrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Boratjrock162000 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

^^^^

1997 Honda Crv FWD

2010 Honda Fit Sport

93 Civic Lx Sdn D16Z6-T 233whp & 193 trq
jrock162000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....

I have never run a regrind in a Honda yet, but the Delta 272-2 has a good reputation and seems about right for a modest increase.

I would not deal with Bisi because he won't supply enough data on his cams and takes a very arrogant attitude toward those who ask for it.

Personally I don't like the stage whatever can system, I would sooner buy of data like lift, duration @ 0.050 lift, lone centre lines and preferably a graph of the lift vs crank position, however no one seems to provide for that or even ask for that in the Honda tuning world.

Web cams makes for Bisi anyways so buy from Web. Danz seems to get very good results from Colt cams. Danz got miserable results from competition Cams.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
That would be incorrect.

Here's one:
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...crx-build.html
Correct.. I have one in my build. It isnt a very good example of what the cam is capable of past 6500 due to my restrictive intake manifold(PM6). I will soon be getting a y8 or edelbrock. The car did make great TQ numbers though.
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

302hp/262TQ

crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer View Post

Personally I don't like the stage whatever can system, I would sooner buy of data like lift, duration @ 0.050 lift, lone centre lines and preferably a graph of the lift vs crank position, however no one seems to provide for that or even ask for that in the Honda tuning world.
X2!

In the domestic world you can look up the specs of any cam with just a click of a mouse, and every cam i've ever bought has come with a Cam Card.

How else are you supposed to degree a cam without the specs?

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in