What should I upgrade for turbo? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What should I upgrade for turbo?

I've decided to go with this 92-95 Honda Civic D-Series D15 D16 T3T4 Full Turbo Kit | eBay

I have a 88 DX hatchback 5speed with a JDM d15b vtec swap. Only mods I have is CAI- and Chipped P28 ECU.

I'm setting on the safest boost possible, I want to upgrade parts for reliability what parts should I be looking for?

This is my DD I drive around 40miles a day.
tygerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Oh, by parts i mean Valve Train upgrade - clutch and ect..

not pistons or rods to expensive for me.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Please for the love of everything HOLY DO A SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

those evay kits are JUNK.. i would highly suggest not getting it. it will not fit right. lots of custom work will need to be done.
and if your not changing pistons and rods. leave the other shit stock too. bout all you need is a decent clutch
but it looks like you need to search a bit more before you think about going turbo. theres a lot of stuff you dont realize. like the problems you will most likely run into.
and if its your daily driver car id suggest finding another car to turbo. i dd my old civic that was turbo and it was down more then on the road. i know have a new dd and that car is much faster then it would ever be as a dd.

boost is addicting. you wont wanna run low boost for very long
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 RolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like Borat

You say that you dont have much money -> thats okay

You want to go cheap instead of trying to save some money -> debatable but as a start it's somehow okay imho
(thats how most of us started hm?)

You need your car as DD + want to turbo + dont have much money -> not ok!!

(cheap) stuff *will* break. your car *will* be down

New: MFactory diff + carbon synchros.

E39 M5 as daily.
RolexTM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Dgold31 is learning the way of the DDgold31 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexTM View Post
You say that you dont have much money -> thats okay

You want to go cheap instead of trying to save some money -> debatable but as a start it's somehow okay imho
(thats how most of us started hm?)

You need your car as DD + want to turbo + dont have much money -> not ok!!

(cheap) stuff *will* break. your car *will* be down

sounds just like me take his advice and dont do it !!!! i had my jdm d15b and said sure why not turbo it kit went on easy and i knew what i had i was expecting my motor to blow up eventually like 6 months or so down the line BUT 3 days after it went on when i was getting it tuned i threw a rod through both sides of my block and didnt have a car not a good feeling your better off saving your money getting a different daily and then turbo it or just get somthing else and boost it NEVER RISK YOUR RIDE!!

Dgold31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgold31 View Post
NEVER RISK YOUR RIDE!!
unless you on PINKS
lose the race. LOSE YOUR RIDE
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 bradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enough

Theres a lot of work that you have to put into these kits to make them fit. Especially for an 88 civic. For starters, the downpipe will not work without a lot of custom work. The intercooler piping will have to be redone. The manifold will not allow for your full size radiator. If you do insist on going turbo search around for what other people with your body style are going with. Also upgrade to a new headgasket and arp headstuds at a minimum.

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

not pistons or rods to expensive for me.[/QUOTE]

You will fail. Its going to happen. We will all laugh at you. They will all laugh at you. Everyone will laugh at you
Click image for larger version

Name:	6c9fb0f9.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	27567
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerr View Post

not pistons or rods to expensive for me.
Soo "valve train" means now clutch etc.. I thought it mean a train line of valves. Sure is summer here already

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

well this is good advice, I'm taking my time on this so little by little turbo is my last step. I am searching, but i find it easier to ask my own specific questions other then taking more time to look at them.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

If you don't want to take the time to research things, going turbo is not for you.

Nor is this forum.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
If you don't want to take the time to research things, going turbo is not for you.

Nor is this forum.
best advice in this thread so far. (others have given some good stuff too)
it all comes down to if you wanna research about your goals. if not then leave this forum and pay some shop to do the work for you...

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Deuce217 is learning the way of the DDeuce217 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

These guys are not hating on you either. They are trying to keep this forum from being a high school shop class and more of a technical resource for motivated enthusiast who want to talk about their shit to others who give a shit. So basically if the new guys has a question there are thousands of others who asked the same thing on this site. But as others have said read some more. On the top of the forced induction page there are about 4 threads that have been saved/ stickied read those for a small start. There is a ton knowledge on this site. You just need to earn it by reading it which is very cheap.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerr View Post
well this is good advice, I'm taking my time on this so little by little turbo is my last step. I am searching, but i find it easier to ask my own specific questions other then taking more time to look at them.
STOP BEING LAZY!!!! Waaaaaahhhh spoon feed me. If you can't figure out what needs to be done to your car in order to bolt a friggin turbo on by doing some SIMPLE searching you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Stop being lazy and do a search!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce217 View Post
These guys are not hating on you either.
Deuce speaks for only himself.

aka not me.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all

I love those eBay kits!! I had one for almost a year and not one single problem. Im going to turbo again soon and you best BELIEVE im going to get an eBay kit again. Nothing like raping B series motors and spending half the price. and the torque is so fun.

To upgrade? You dont need anything. Just do your head gasket and you should be good up to 250whp if your engine is in decent shape.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
I love those eBay kits!! I had one for almost a year and not one single problem. Im going to turbo again soon and you best BELIEVE im going to get an eBay kit again. Nothing like raping B series motors and spending half the price. and the torque is so fun.

To upgrade? You dont need anything. Just do your head gasket and you should be good up to 250whp if your engine is in decent shape.

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just to be of some additional help that a lot of ppl don't mention either in stickies or regular threads, make sure to have decent quality suspension and good tires so you can properly put the new power you'll be making to the ground and not just spin tires. Oh yeah, good brakes so you can stop(common sense) the new found power. Besides all that, pick up called maximum boost by corkey bell and read parts of it when you're not so lazy to do research. That book is the damn boost bible!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

no it's not that that i'm lazy, I mean I am up all night reading threads at least 3-4 hours a night. I work graveyard as a security officer so I have nothing else better to do then to read. I like this forum and I don't want to leave, so far i've learned a lot by asking questions and it seems to be working for me so, if you guys don't want to reply to my post it's fine but we all started somewhere

I'll try to keep the posting at minimum i've pretty much read every thread on google. Just some sites don't work because my internet provider blocks some sites.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

how much power are you wanting?

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
turbo kit install d15

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in