Jrsc=minime=bisi level 2 cam - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default JRSC+minime+bisi level 2 cam

Gentlemen,
so after my Mini-Me build on my 88 EF that produced a respectable 147WHP I ran across a Jackson Racing Supercharger and decided a HC D15B2/Z6 combo would problably enjoy some more CFM coming through combustion chamber. I am in the process of assemblinng and will post pics once I get home. My question that i would appreciate feedback on is whether my Bisi Level 2 NA cam will work well the forced air of SC. I am running stock 6 PSI on JRSC and had runners ported and S tube cleaned up but am hoping to get close to 200whp. I currenty have the following on my setup but again am concerned if NA cam from Bisi will work well or if I should switch to stock cam.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.
  • Bisi V2 Ceramic Header
  • Z6 Ported Head Intake&Exhaust
  • Bosal 2.25 Catback
  • Skunk HC flat valves
  • K&N CAI
  • Walbro HC fuel pump 255
  • 235cc Injectors
  • Bisi Level 2 Cam***

Last edited by baby50; 04-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.
baby50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Since you already have it give it a try.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 weise is almost a somebodyweise is almost a somebodyweise is almost a somebodyweise is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
Since you already have it give it a try.
X2 then go from there

[email protected] D16Y7,Y8 I.M.,DC header.full interior
weise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby50 View Post
Gentlemen,
so after my Mini-Me build on my 88 EF that produced a respectable 147WHP I ran across a Jackson Racing Supercharger and decided a HC D15B2/Z6 combo would problably enjoy some more CFM coming through combustion chamber. I am in the process of assemblinng and will post pics once I get home. My question that i would appreciate feedback on is whether my Bisi Level 2 NA cam will work well the forced air of SC. I am running stock 6 PSI on JRSC and had runners ported and S tube cleaned up but am hoping to get close to 200whp. I currenty have the following on my setup but again am concerned if NA cam from Bisi will work well or if I should switch to stock cam.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.
  • Bisi V2 Ceramic Header
  • Z6 Ported Head Intake&Exhaust
  • Bosal 2.25 Catback
  • Skunk HC flat valves
  • K&N CAI
  • Walbro HC fuel pump 255
  • 235cc Injectors
  • Bisi Level 2 Cam***
all looks good, if you already have the cam run it, but (someone correct me if im wrong) NA cams have more overlap than say a force inducted one, maybe look into a different cam later down the road..... thats just me tho.... post pics or your a troll..... lol jk holmes

o and i hate to shit on your parade but, your car is NOT an EF, its an ED, unless you can prove me wrong....
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Too much overlap w that cam but hey, might as well run it if you've already got it.

You need bigger injectors. Wouldn't expect you to make 200whp with that cam and absence of WM injection. Not calling you a liar but i have a somewhat difficult time believing that you are making 147whp with your current setup

Last edited by Paterico; 04-23-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 17 Jaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Well after my experiences with the Crower Stage 2 turbo cam (63441ZT, less overlap) and a problem wth too much boost, I'm wondering what something like his NA cam would do for my setup.

Plus, there's a local (he posts here I think) with a D16Y8 and an M45 with the custom made Laminova cored intake manifold, and I'm pretty sure he's running the Crower stage 2 NA cam. He says he hit 224whp with that cam.

Last edited by Jaker; 04-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
Well after my experiences with the Crower Stage 2 turbo cam (63441ZT, less overlap) and a problem wth too much boost, I'm wondering what something like his NA cam would do for my setup.
Too much boost? Wha???
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 17 Jaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the community

Yup! M62 Endyn kit on a D16A6/D16Z6 setup. Look carefully at the hp curve and where it drops off versus what the boost pressure (numbers are on the left side of the plot) does at the same rpm and higher.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:

Plus, there's a local (he posts here I think) with a D16Y8 and an M45 with the custom made Laminova cored intake manifold, and I'm pretty sure he's running the Crower stage 2 NA cam. He says he hit 224whp with that cam.
Quote:
Yup! M62 Endyn kit on a D16A6/D16Z6 setup. Look carefully at the hp curve and where it drops off versus what the boost pressure (numbers are on the left side of the plot) does at the same rpm and higher.
if you had to much boost you would be blowing head gaskets, or having head lift.... read up on overlap and forced induction, then search around for a good cam then get back to us....

2ed.. m62 spinning 26lbs of boost, it is a roots style supercharger, the tq and hp is gonna fall off in the upper rpm range...... and the cam could have a lot to do with that if it is a NA cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
Too much boost? Wha???
im with you.....
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

Last edited by 2drz6; 04-23-2011 at 09:12 PM.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 swich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:

thats shanes build. i have posted pic's etc in my intercooler post of his setup. as far as i know that power was on a hub dyno as well. not a roller.

yes he is running that na cam. though the best cam is a stock cam but high lift. that will get you the best power on the JRSC setup. but you'll need to get that custom made.

good luck post back with numbers when you get them.

swich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
if you had to much boost you would be blowing head gaskets, or having head lift.... read up on overlap and forced induction, then search around for a good cam then get back to us....

2ed.. m62 spinning 26lbs of boost, it is a roots style supercharger, the tq and hp is gonna fall off in the upper rpm range...... and the cam could have a lot to do with that if it is a NA cam
OK. Most of that didn't make any sense to me. Can you elaborate? I've done plenty of reading in my 25+ years of wrenching and modding Hondas. I am intimately familiar with the premise of overlap and forced induction. However most of that theory comes from the V8 world and there's been a trend recently towards more overlap in both turbo and supercharged Honda engines leading to more power.

I'll definitely be visiting a custom ground cam for my build, as there seems to be no truly supercharger specific grinds out there.

In my case, the "too much boost" is leading to severe drag on the crank from the blower working so bloody hard to push to 26 psi. Conservative estimates are putting the drain at around 75hp at the crank. If I can free up some of that power by slowing the blower down a little, and letting the motor (porting, cam, increased displacement) flow better, my goal of 300whp is not out of the realm of possibility.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody

There is a difference between not enough flow in the head and too much boost........

Old 04-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Now you're just being cryptic. I know my problem is a combination of both. I'm working towards correcting them both to some extent.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Never been called cryptic lots of other things though.....

Old 04-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

No matter how you cut it, more overlap in a S/C setup is counterproductive.

Using a cam with more overlap to 'leak' boost through the cylinders to reduce the amount of parasitic loss is not the ideal way to solve your problem. Whether you port/build your head or not, there's still a finite volume that can to be filled to 'stack' the air charge and built boost.

I would agree that at the boost levels you're running, you probably do have quite a bit of parasitic loss occurring. At the same time, however, the amount of power you make at those boost levels should be more than enough to compensate for that loss.

My best guess is that your power is dropping off because the amount of heat generated at those boost levels is preventing your from running enough timing to take advantage. Just a guess though...

Are you running any kind of W/M injection?
Old 04-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Max IATs on the dyno were 150F. I'm running the AEM with the 550cc nozzle. We were running plenty of timing. My Motorola 2.5 bar MAP was maxing out at 22.8psi, but the one on the dyno was obviously registering higher.

Last edited by Jaker; 04-24-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Interesting Feedback and Dyno and AT examples. I have included some pictures of my current build for someone who doubted my 147 WHP number as well as if I had an EF. Based on your feedback I am leaning towards removing the Bisi cam and see what kind of number I can pull with stock cam and remaining add on's. Cam specs are as follows for the record 264D Intake and 244D Exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RHIMG.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	27548   Click image for larger version

Name:	dynooct.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	27549  

Last edited by baby50; 04-25-2011 at 05:38 AM.
baby50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

EF is a JDM chassis code.....You don't have one... Look at your vin it's a ED jhmed..........that's all he was saying.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 swich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
EF is a JDM chassis code.....You don't have one... Look at your vin it's a ED jhmed..........that's all he was saying.
on that logic i have a DC2.

swich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Um ok...........anyways..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in