Dyno Day - Stock Minime and 8lbs - Puzzled - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Dyno Day - Stock Minime and 8lbs - Puzzled

It's been a while since I've been on here but moved onto a stock setup, just got dyno'd and it's one of the highest I've ever seen for my setup...wondering if I'm crazy...Tuner insists it's safe and wb is reading a solid 11.5 a/f...

Minime a6/z6 - stock everything except ARP's

HF/14b turbo pushing it's stock 8psi

450's and open 2.5 DP

Tuned using Crome Gold ~ 4hrs

*** About 6 months ago I got a tune on the same dyno and put down 208whp with a cat and 2" exhaust.***

Only thing I've changed since then was finally fix some bad grounds, and fixed a few minor (pinholes) leaks in the FMIC, and of course made it open DP which changed the A/F, so that's why I retuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-22-11 Dyno Day RS.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	27531  
Short Shifter
3" Drop

*New Setup*
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Endyn Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACT 6puck
XACT 11.5lb Flywheel
Balanced
Quaife LSD
Jimfab Traction Bar
90zcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Something is off. Id expect peak torque to be down around 4k with that turbo. How is it spooling?
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough

Like it always has...a bit sooner than it did before.

No exhaust leaks that I found, did quite a bit to make sure of that.
Short Shifter
3" Drop

*New Setup*
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Endyn Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACT 6puck
XACT 11.5lb Flywheel
Balanced
Quaife LSD
Jimfab Traction Bar

Old 04-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 dj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Wowwww..8lbs pushing 250, Man! I don't know what to say.

What fuel are you using?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dj211855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Pump 91 octane...

Only thing I can think of is maybe his dyno is reading too high...or I'm on the brink of a big bang (which he assures me I'm very safe).

Never seen this high of a number with my setup...I was expecting MAYBE 220whp
Short Shifter
3" Drop

*New Setup*
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Endyn Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACT 6puck
XACT 11.5lb Flywheel
Balanced
Quaife LSD
Jimfab Traction Bar
Old 04-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 repusnam55 is learning the way of the Drepusnam55 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

pretty crazy man is it the same dyno?

91 crx, Vitaras, a6/y8,16g.
repusnam55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

take it to the track....its the only way to really tell

dyno numbers are a tuning tool not the end all to a set-up....see what it traps, that should give you a better idea of the actual power being made

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

yes take it to the track
soljer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Fixed bad grounding
fixed a tiny boost leak
made the exhaust breathe

this can easily translate into 30+whp

my dsm buddy has seen the 14b's push 260whp before and that is of course on a low compression 2 liter

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Fixed bad grounding
fixed a tiny boost leak
made the exhaust breathe

this can easily translate into 30+whp

my dsm buddy has seen the 14b's push 260whp before and that is of course on a low compression 2 liter
Not at 8 psi they are not.

Something is fishy...

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

^ I agree.

Taking it to the track soon and we'll know for sure.

The car definitely screams and FEELS faster, but it could be the placebo effect...
Short Shifter
3" Drop

*New Setup*
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Endyn Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACT 6puck
XACT 11.5lb Flywheel
Balanced
Quaife LSD
Jimfab Traction Bar
Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Just looking at the graph, that seems like an awfully late spool for a 14b running an open DP to me...

Are you running a boost controller of any kind?

Boost gauge?

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

No boost controller, stock internal WG and stock actuator...turbo was rebuilt and has 0 play and the wg is solid.

Got a boost gauge and it was reading a solid 8psi during entire tune, no spikes of any kind that I or the tuner caught.
Short Shifter
3" Drop

*New Setup*
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Endyn Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACT 6puck
XACT 11.5lb Flywheel
Balanced
Quaife LSD
Jimfab Traction Bar
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

his dyno reads high, even a t3/t4 with a GOOD manifold wont make that much power at 8psi...

most GSRs with a t3/t4 make around the same power at that boost level.

either the boost was alot higher, or his dyno is high. i vote dyno only because i dont think the HF manifold will easily support 250+whp........

keep the dyno for bragging rights, but take it to the track, should be 12s easy.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

My guess is the dyno is reading high because i have never heard of 8 pounds on that small of turbo making 250 whp on stock engine.
ej588 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
turn up tha boost !

Rep Power: 14 NOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

boost leak and no exhaust will definitely net you more
but
at 8psi is what's fishy

don't worry about it, it's safely tuned. Go have fun!

Noobs get a [email protected]!*
Here:

NOSAJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

its a hub dyno, so ask how much load he tuned it on...

if its less than 35ish %, its gonna read high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in