boost problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default boost problem

i have a problem i just bought a new Turbo Xs manual boost controller and i set it up just as it says on the instructions and i hit my boost cut. i tried turning it all the way down and i still hit the cut. so then i tried switching the hose's and still hitting it. I dont know wtf i could be. i have no leaks. i have the vacume connected to the IM and the other to the waste gate.
Turbo 94 Del Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

What is your boost cut set at? What boost are you currently running?

Better question, are you even tuned to run higher boost?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

hook the vacuum line back up the way it was before you put on the boost controller. you might have just gotten a bad one. those are extreamly easy to install and if it is all the way down and still hitting boost cut then it could just be a manufacture defect.

but like ryan said, are you even tuned to run at a higher boost? and what is your boost cut set at? also, are you hitting warm or cold boost cut IF you are tuned to run a higher boost.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

also you should be running your vacuum from pre throttle body, somewhere directly after the turbo, that is where your going to get your best pressure, before it drops anywhere down the line. i had that same problem before, so i just tapped a new fitting into my j-pipe, ran my line from there into the controller, then to the wastegate. problem solved.

the i.m. has slightly lower pressure after the throttle body than pre-body, and it may not be enough to force your wastegate open. just a suggestion.
ejtoonice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
What is your boost cut set at? What boost are you currently running?

Better question, are you even tuned to run higher boost?
the boost cut is set at 17 psi. The boost should be at 14 psi but it is going past. and yes its tuned for higher boost but only with race gas or meth inj. i got my car tuned at speedfactory and they put a map with the 14 psi on pump. and another with race gas at 20 psi. i was wondering if it could be the wastegate because its just a POS V-band ebay one.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloK View Post
hook the vacuum line back up the way it was before you put on the boost controller. you might have just gotten a bad one. those are extreamly easy to install and if it is all the way down and still hitting boost cut then it could just be a manufacture defect.

but like ryan said, are you even tuned to run at a higher boost? and what is your boost cut set at? also, are you hitting warm or cold boost cut IF you are tuned to run a higher boost.
to be honest i dont know if its warm or cold boost cut or what that means but the car hits the cut when i first start the car and after it warms up to.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejtoonice View Post
also you should be running your vacuum from pre throttle body, somewhere directly after the turbo, that is where your going to get your best pressure, before it drops anywhere down the line. i had that same problem before, so i just tapped a new fitting into my j-pipe, ran my line from there into the controller, then to the wastegate. problem solved.

the i.m. has slightly lower pressure after the throttle body than pre-body, and it may not be enough to force your wastegate open. just a suggestion.
well now that u mention it a buddy of mine was telling me the same thing about moving the vacume line, so i will try that first thing in the morning and see what happens.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

the differences between cold and wam boost cut is basicly just a difference in engine temperature. its a protection thing like lean protection, if you hit a certain psi before the engine is completely warm then it will just cut out.

but it seems like you let your car warm up first which is good and would mean warm boost cut. it could also be the shitty ebay wastegate.... but i would hook it up the way you had it first then go from there.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 rndmheroxx is learning the way of the Drndmheroxx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

im thinking that if your running off your 14psi map, maybe they set the boost-cut to ~15psi-ish and with the boost controller installed your building boost faster causing a little spike you weren't hitting before.. without being able to see your tune its hard to tell. and have you hit boost-cut before? are your positive thats what it is, because this could be leading people who are trying to help you down the wrong path.

just trying to once over everything here. but if my theory is correct, changing the wastegate source to the throttle body wont fix the problem since your manifold will actually see more boost in that situation since the wastegate will be reading "post"-pressure drops.

but by all means i hope this fixes your problems, in for the solution.

Last edited by rndmheroxx; 04-17-2011 at 07:16 PM.
rndmheroxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

is it a ball and spring or bleeder type?

take the MBC off, turn it all the way one way and see if you can blow through, then as you are blowing through slowly adjust it and make sure it gets harder to blow through. if you cant blow through you have a bad controller, if you can then you hooked it up wrong.

i always get the wastegate signal from the compressor nipple, why not use it?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

thanks for all the info guys. im going to change the pressure line, and try to blows through the BC. i will keep u updated and see what happens
Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to boostaholic

my buddy had a boost leak on his nipple on his turbo..
boostaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 rndmheroxx is learning the way of the Drndmheroxx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
my buddy had a boost leak on his nipple on his turbo..
man i hate it when my nipples leak..
rndmheroxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in