turbonetics t3 help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default turbonetics t3 help

I found a used turbonetics t3 48 trim turbo. right now my civic is stock and I am only wanting to run 6 or 8 psi to keep from blowing my motor. someday down the road I have plans to build the motor and and boost it more. has anyone had this turbo before. if so any tips and reviews would be great before i go out and purchase this turbo... I have a d16z6 stock...

quick response would be awesome cuz otherwise i am going to go buy it in a couple hours!

thanks
milly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Khnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Khnemu

Search. FFS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Khnemu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Check for shaftplay. A little side to side is alright, you DO NOT want in and out.
Put it to you this way, it's like sex; just opposite.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

got the serial number from the guy and it turns out it is a t3 60 ar with a .82 trim... it is a little older but the guy said that it works good and there is no shaft play. and if i install it and it does not work he would give the money back... i called turbonetics and they said that it is an older model and that if it ever needed to be rebuilt then it would cost around 450-600 bucks...
Old 04-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowturbocx View Post
Check for shaftplay. A little side to side is alright, you DO NOT want in and out.
Put it to you this way, it's like sex; just opposite.
thanks for the info lol....
Old 04-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

rebuild it yourself it is not too hard. im a noob to turbos and ive rebuilt one with a friend.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
rebuild it yourself it is not too hard. im a noob to turbos and ive rebuilt one with a friend.
How long did it last? Did you get it sent out to be balanced?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano

actually its still lasting after two years. and yes he did send it out. its on a 1776 cc baja bug.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

yeah the person i talked to on the phone at turbonetics said that they have to be balanced and that was their main cost. i did not know that their are shops that can do this. where would i be able to find a rebuild kit for this turbo? just in case cuz i am wanting to build this turbo on a budget. trying to stay under a grand...
Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

G-Pop Shop :: Rebuilt Kits quick links :: Garrett T3, T4, T3/T4 Rebuild Kits
like stated get it balanced!!! my friend did it at his uncles shop. but it definately needs to be done!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in