MY JRSC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default MY JRSC

Alright guys

shes all put together

I tried to start her today and she turns over and makes a buh buh buh occasionally

Ill take a better pic tomm when its not late

everything Ive done

d16y8
motor has 70,000 miles
gave it new timing belt and water pump, dizzy cap and button, valve cover gasket

umm a jrsc...

DC header 4-1 (cheap and available) cat delete pipe and full 2.5 in exhaust

walb 255, freebie 370cc rc injectors, new fuel filter

bisi heat sheild intake gasket, new alum radiator, new thermostat, and fan switch

obd1 jumper harness with P28 socketed wit xenocron basemap, 2 wire IACV wit ecu repinned

Innovate lc1 wideband

62mm TB

step colder spark plugs, which I thought were gapped at 0.40 but were over 50 when I just pulled them and I know I gapped them (freaks me out), I pulled them to check compression, all cylinders over 170 and all plugs had spark (Im still thinkin Ill get new plug wires)

definately gonna regap the plugs tomm

when I start the car there is a humm for a few seconds (which I seem to remember) but then what sounds to me like fuel rushing into the rail... I was VERY concerned about this so I pulled the plugs to see if there was any puddling in the cylinders and there wasnt that I could see but some pistons did look more damp than others, gonna double fuel system incase some debris got in...

theres no CEL when I turn the switch but I had to run pigtails for the new injectors, 2 wire IACV and Im concerned some of the wires may have been criss crossed

Im probably forgetting stuff but its late and I need sleep
but tell me what you guys think and Ill answer any questions tomm
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

I like your boost gauge, lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
I like your boost gauge, lmao
just pluggin the hole, if it runs then Ill worry about how much boost its makin

Old 04-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 17 Jaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Possibly mixed up the TPS and the MAP plugs?
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 J-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the community
Send a message via AIM to J-tech86R Send a message via Yahoo to J-tech86R

wade when i had the supercharger on my car it always took a few more turns of the motor before it would actually start. as apposed to when the car was stock. and now that i am turbo it does the same thing again. it could be because at first the supercharger is kind of an obsticle for air to get through. im just guess i dont even know if thats what you are talking about. and also the humm can be from the fuel pump and the fluid rushing to the rail could be from the added pressure from the bigger fuel pump as well. my fuel pump is loud as fuck. i can hear it even when im driving.

and when i had my set up i had one step colder plugs as well. i know you texted me the other day but i had lost your number. didnt realize it was you. i saved your number again so any time you need anything shoot me a text or call i may be of some help. good luck with the new set up have fun lol.... on and with that lc-1 make sure you calibrate it. i never did because i never used it it was brand new when i sent it to you.

good luck

oh and im glad to hear that you got the injectors to work... where did you get the harnesess from? did you have to use one anyway? post pictures of how you got the injectors in....

contact me for discount
J-tech86R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadegough View Post

I tried to start her today and she turns over and makes a buh buh buh occasionally
I think that's just the famous Supercharger Lope! Lol.

All kidding aside it looks great

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
Possibly mixed up the TPS and the MAP plugs?
I can check but I highly doubt it, I bagged and tagged everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-tech86R View Post
wade when i had the supercharger on my car it always took a few more turns of the motor before it would actually start. as apposed to when the car was stock. and now that i am turbo it does the same thing again. it could be because at first the supercharger is kind of an obsticle for air to get through. im just guess i dont even know if thats what you are talking about. and also the humm can be from the fuel pump and the fluid rushing to the rail could be from the added pressure from the bigger fuel pump as well. my fuel pump is loud as fuck. i can hear it even when im driving.

and when i had my set up i had one step colder plugs as well. i know you texted me the other day but i had lost your number. didnt realize it was you. i saved your number again so any time you need anything shoot me a text or call i may be of some help. good luck with the new set up have fun lol.... on and with that lc-1 make sure you calibrate it. i never did because i never used it it was brand new when i sent it to you.

good luck

oh and im glad to hear that you got the injectors to work... where did you get the harnesess from? did you have to use one anyway? post pictures of how you got the injectors in....
thanks Johi, hopefully its just something tiny holding me back,

I calibrated the lc1 for sure, it heated up and the diode blinked for a while and then it just stayed on like it was suppossed to, gotta RErecheck everything

Ill post more pics this afternoon
Old 04-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 loki_ is learning the way of the Dloki_ is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

too big a gap on the plugs? the spark is getting blown out? isnt FI gap closer to .25?

Last edited by loki_; 04-12-2011 at 04:56 AM.
loki_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

So my oil smells strongly of gasoline, seems to me that the free injectors I got are defective, is it possible that crossing the wires to an injector could cause it malfunction
Old 04-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

y8 with a JRSC.... Hopefully I too will soon be having to work through these same issues!

Good luck with it. Hope you figure it out.

Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in