Demand for 14mm injector(rdx injector) orfice fuel rail - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 simple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Demand for 14mm injector(rdx injector) orfice fuel rail

I am making a fuel rail to accept rdx injectors if there is a big enough demand I would be willing to do a long run of parts on the CNC mill or make them out of fuel rail stock. I know there are 11mm to 14mm adapters but to me that does not make sense to choke the injector down.

please give me some feed back thanks.

Last edited by simple d; 04-08-2011 at 07:46 PM.
simple d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 05:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

How much $$$ do you think it would cost?
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
How much $$$ do you think it would cost?
since rdx injectors are like 45 new from honda and they can be decapped and then flow waaay above the stock numbers less then aftermarket injectors I hope

OP if you can make it for lets say 75-100 bucks it would be a ok deal, but keep in mind the majority of the honda community is loaded with cheap fucks (me included) that will talk a lot but then not shell out the cash when its time to pay up

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Are you going to have them anodized to prevent the aluminum from getting dissolved by Ethanol?

There could be a decent market for these, since they are so cheap and really easy to use.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
keep in mind the majority of the honda community is loaded with cheap fucks
This is the biggest downfall of the aftermarket community. Most would rather use a 20 year old set of clogged up DSMs before they would spend decent money on a great injector.

That being said, unless RDX injectors were easier to find for a good deal, I doubt that there would be a ton of demand for a custom fuel rail for them. $200 for a set of new from Honda is a smoking deal, but you can find almost any style injector for that price from racetronix...that wouldn't require an aftermarket rail. If the RDX injectors were more readily available through eBay, CL, forums, etc. then maybe, but until them I just don't see it.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

They are less than $40 apiece the last time I ordered a set from hondapartsunlimted.com.

Rosko Racing makes a fantastic manifold adapter at very reasonable prices.

IF someone made a decent fuel rail (that was properly machined and anodized) I think some people would buy them, but, unfortunately, I think most people will just use something like Xenocron's adapter kit, as it realy isn't very expensive and it uses your stock fuel rail.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

are factory fuel rails anodized inside? i cant recall seeing anything but bare aluminum inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
are factory fuel rails anodized inside? i cant recall seeing anything but bare aluminum inside
Are they made to use high concentrations of alcohol based fuels?

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

From what I can tell, yeah, actually, they are. Contrary to popular belief, not all anodizing is colored. (Neither are all Teflon coatings, either.) I'm staring at a stock Z6 fuel rail, and, it does seem to be anodized.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

trippy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Beave is correct, the anodizing process itself does not impart a color to the aluminum.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 qweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 56 reviews

maybe get in good with your local honda dealer and offer a complete setup

rail and injectors for something like 300 shipped

just a thought
88 crx si y-49
93 ACURA INTEGRA LS
93 civic cx, poor mans type r, stroked, jrsc (coming soon)
qweakers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 simple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunnasimple d is da #1 stunna

Thanks for the feed back guys just thought I through the thought out. Since so many are doing turbo conversions I thought I would ask since I am making a couple for my engines. as for cost its always relative to volume. I guess you drink what you can afford unless you can make your own wine. They will be anodized. most common colors for production Items are clear,black(shiny) and matte/flat black.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

FYI, the D17 and k-series community would be down for this too if you make modular mounting tabs. Additionally, your standard Siemans (SRT-4, newer FoMoCo, LS-series injectors, etc.) and RSX-S (310cc) are all 14mm heads. Really opens you up for some good, cheap injector options.

|
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Come up with a price and design and let me know right away...this would be a great addition to the TBRIA, custom cold air intake and ported intake manifold kit that I am working on right now.

glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011, 04:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

boost ben It's a JDM Star Bitches....boost ben It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

This would be great for the more powerful N/A guys as well. I need a bit more injector, not a 1000cc's of it. The RDX injectors are perfect.
boost ben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 sdubfid is learning the way of the Dsdubfid is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Rosko racing makes fuel rails for rdx style injectors. I have his lower manifold adaptors and if I did it again I would just use new rubber seals on the bottom.

I see no advantage to a new fuel rail if you are only running rdx 410cc injectors. Just extra money.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

How much for a rail for a z6? I have new Bosch 600cc inj and thy are to big for my rail.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ok I guys there seems to be an interest so I will do a really limited run and see where it goes from there thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

k cool give me a price as soon as you can. Other wise I will just shave down the injector to fit in my stock rail. Not alot needs to come off.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in