Inline fuel pump switched 12v - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ğ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ğ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc
Default Inline fuel pump switched 12v

im wondering how some of you have your inline pumps wired?
i have mine wired to the ignition and soon as the key is on the pump runs. you can hear the intank one prime and shut off but the inline keeps running and makes a weird noise like its struggling if i dont start the car right away.

im wondering if i should have it wired to the intake pump so it primes and shuts off like that one. or should i leave it the way it is now and just not let it run without the car running obv.

thannks guys
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 İurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to İurbow

Fuel Kill Switch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

İurbow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

have both use the stock fuel pump wiring as a trigger for a relay.

they should both operate together at the same time... in unison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 thagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

so?

~[stockrelay]====+====[Stockfuelpump]====+===[inlinepump]==~
thagreenteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Put another relay between the stock relay and the fuel pumps; as Danz posted the stock relay just acts as a trigger for the new relay. This prevents it from drawing too much power and blowing a fuse.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
have both use the stock fuel pump wiring as a trigger for a relay.

they should both operate together at the same time... in unison
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
Put another relay between the stock relay and the fuel pumps; as Danz posted the stock relay just acts as a trigger for the new relay. This prevents it from drawing too much power and blowing a fuse.
this^^^

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!

so am i ok just changing the switched 12v source for the inline pump and wiring it to the switched 12v on the stock pump? instead of having the switched 12v coming from my ignition?
i think thats what you guys are saying.

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Your inline pump doesn't need to be on all the time or at idle.What ems are you runing?

I have my pump hooked to a relay which is triggered by one of my ecus outputs to come on at 5 pounds of boost.When i'm not in boost, the pump is off.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled

Last edited by cbuscivictuner; 04-05-2011 at 03:08 PM.
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

im not following what ur saying so ill just say what i said in different words.

you are going to take your power wire that goes to the stock fuel pump, and you are going to use that to TRIGGER a second relay. the second relay will run directly off the alternator, and go to each fuel pump...

the only thing the stock relay and wiring will be used for from now on is telling the new/second relay when to give power to the pumps.
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuscivictuner View Post
Your inline pump doesn't need to be on all the time or at idle.What ems are you runing?

I have my pump hooked to a relay which is triggered by one of my ecus outputs to come on at 5 pounds of boost.When i'm not in boost the pumps off.
and before you take this advice you need to figure out weather you have a gear driven pump or a turbine pump. if its gear driven, it most certainly should be running all the time.
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
im not following what ur saying so ill just say what i said in different words.

you are going to take your power wire that goes to the stock fuel pump, and you are going to use that to TRIGGER a second relay. the second relay will run directly off the alternator, and go to each fuel pump...

the only thing the stock relay and wiring will be used for from now on is telling the new/second relay when to give power to the pumps.
alright im going to try to say it back in my words hoping i understand haha

got the inline pump under the car.
relay for that pump is next to it.
i have a constant 12v wire with fuse ran to battery. (is this your alternator source?)
and there is a 12v switched wire off the inline pump relay. (run this to the TRIGGER source on the stock pump wiring? which should also be a 12v switched.)

or
you say the new/second relay to give power to the pumps. did you mean just the new inline pump or is that relay now telling both pumps to run? this is what confused me.
i have a walbro intank pump and bosch 044 inline
sorry if im confusing you. im just confused and trying to understand it. later if i havent understood it il just draw something on paint and see if i can get it

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

alright heres my poor attempt on making a diagram with paint. as you can tell i started off terrible and got a little better as i went on

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all

Quote:
and before you take this advice you need to figure out weather you have a gear driven pump or a turbine pump. if its gear driven, it most certainly should be running all the time.
If it's a walbro it's probably gear driven.I've put a bunch of miles on mine dd it with it in it's current configuration.I haven't had any issues so far and I was advised to set it up this way by Dave Blundell. Why would it need to always be on? The only reason I could think you could be getting at is it's hurting flow or cooling which doesn't make sense.

Bosstedsohc the diagram looks right

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled

Last edited by cbuscivictuner; 04-05-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

thanks man.
and if the inline pump is not on and when the other pump primes it doesnt show any fuel pressure so the inline needs to be on. im going to have it set that ways anyways since its not a dd and it will need to be on most of the time anyways

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

running both pumps would just heat up the fuel and put more pressure on the system to be honest and draw power for no reason.
D2ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Well if it doesnt show fuel pressure run both pumps lol
D2ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
thanks man.
and if the inline pump is not on and when the other pump primes it doesnt show any fuel pressure so the inline needs to be on. im going to have it set that ways anyways since its not a dd and it will need to be on most of the time anyways
What pump are you running? I just assumed you were running an inline 225 walbro, sorry. Those are 100% designed to be flow through. I can run just my intank and I will get 65 psi as soon as it primes.If it doesn't and you are running a walbro something is wrong.

funny story .I was having trouble using ectunes output to get it to work under my conditions so i just set it to come on with a toggle switch as my input.Half the time I just didn't turn it on and I just drove around with it inline still fine since i was running off my wastegate spring and didn't really need the extra pressure.

Quote:

Last edited by cbuscivictuner; 04-05-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

thanks 2jz thats what i needed. im one of those people who can understand it a lot faster after i see it.
and cbuscivictuner i have a bosch 044 pump for the inline pump right now but just ordered a new walbro pump from greg just in case cause mine was leaking the other day. and fuel was not coming from the fittings or fuel line. im going to hold off on changing it till i can look at it closer and make sure its not for a fitting but i have one on the way just in case

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

learning

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in