Help to identify a holset turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 BLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Default Help to identify a holset turbo

i am pretty sure its a h1c but maybe its a hy or hx35 variant.

heres pics and specs
t3 divided hot side. 3in vband downpipe.
No wastegate at all.
Oil only no coolant.

Also how do i tell what cm2 housing is on it the 12 or 16 etc
Cold side:
inducer 2in 7/8
exducer 3in 3/8

Hot side
inducer 2in 3/8
exducer 3in

Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.5.11 holset 001.jpg
Views:	1465
Size:	939.5 KB
ID:	27407   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.5.11 holset 002.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	577.5 KB
ID:	27408   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.5.11 holset 004.jpg
Views:	1383
Size:	961.7 KB
ID:	27410   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.5.11 holset 003.jpg
Views:	1541
Size:	942.7 KB
ID:	27412   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.5.11 holset 006.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	502.7 KB
ID:	27413  

Last edited by BLACK-KNIGHT; 04-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.
BLACK-KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

Pics arent showing up. But it does sound like my H1c.

EDIT:

Was able to get to your album and seen the pics of it taken apart. It looks sim to my H1c but has come differences. My H1c has a V-band 90* elbow that comes off the compressor side and the IC pipe connects to it. Thats really the only think I could notice. I know if you search google there is a site that will help identify the turbo. I have used it myself I just cant mem what it is right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.

Last edited by WORPsol; 04-05-2011 at 10:14 AM.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 BLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropesBLACK-KNIGHT is starting to learn the ropes

fixed

Also how do i tell what cm2 housing is on it? like a 12cm or 16cm etc

Last edited by BLACK-KNIGHT; 04-05-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Definitely not an HX35.
Cameron R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK-KNIGHT View Post
Also how do i tell what cm2 housing is on it? like a 12cm or 16cm etc
Measure it. Length x width of one side of the divided housing x 2 will give you the inlet size.

"Sometimes they complain. 'You know, the lower half income people, they don’t pay any income tax & what are we going to do about it?' And I say, we’re half way there!" - Ron Paul

"I freestyle my destiny, it's not written in pages." - Immortal Technique
Atreidies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness

What are the numbers on the hot side housing? Pic is blurry.

"Sometimes they complain. 'You know, the lower half income people, they don’t pay any income tax & what are we going to do about it?' And I say, we’re half way there!" - Ron Paul

Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Oh, and here you go, but I think your measurements are off. I know you at least posted your in/ex numbers backwards for the hot side.

Inducer is where the air/exhaust enters the wheel, regardless of compressor or turbine wheel. And measure in mm, it will be more precise.

Let us know what you got!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Anymore comments?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

Holset Info...

read sir

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

Mine says 18.5cm2 on the hot side. I will try to get you a pic tomorrow.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.

Last edited by WORPsol; 04-06-2011 at 09:50 PM.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 dj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to alldj211855 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

5 of 5 picture is blurry. I cant tell if it 12 or 16. It will be stamp starts at 12etc or 16 etc.

dj211855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Anymore comments?
What more are you looking for?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreidies View Post
What more are you looking for?
Get more feedback so i can get mulitple people sayibg its the same turbo
Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Get more feedback so i can get mulitple people sayibg its the same turbo
Quote:
What are the numbers on the hot side housing? Pic is blurry.
Quote:
I think your measurements are off. I know you at least posted your in/ex numbers backwards for the hot side.

Inducer is where the air/exhaust enters the wheel, regardless of compressor or turbine wheel. And measure in mm, it will be more precise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj211855 View Post
5 of 5 picture is blurry. I cant tell if it 12 or 16. It will be stamp starts at 12etc or 16 etc.
Without this info, nobody will be able to definitely identify it. Holset made many different models with similar housings, and sometimes the same model with different housings. HX35, for example, is available with 6 different compressor wheels, 3 different turbine housings, and a two different blade configurations. Post the requested info, and we can answer the questions. Right now, anything would be a guess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in