Endyn or vitaras - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 thagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Endyn or vitaras

Should I risk going all out with the vitaras like JFK or should I just do the endyn's?
Reason I single out the vitaras on this and not the sleeves is because JFK cracked his sleeve because of the vitara.

I do want to shoot for the stars with this one but I am cheap and which ever way I go I will not sleeve the motor, I am cheap.

This is for a race car I plan to build not some construed idea of a street car or daily.
Only time it will be on the road is for going to meets and just for fun.

Opinions, anything?
thagreenteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

I dont think JFK crack the sleeves cause of the vitaras, but going fast is not cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

jfk cracked his sleeve because of the piston or because the tune was too aggressive?

Since you are cheap and you are trying to build a racecar (I cannot believe those two things are in the same sentence) build a vitara based engine and turn the boost up.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 thagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enough

Iirc JFK had a vitara with a possible bad casting and it came apart due to the piston speed.
The wrist pin cracked the sleeve not the boost/hp.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowturbocx View Post
jfk cracked his sleeve because of the piston or because the tune was too aggressive?

Since you are cheap and you are trying to build a racecar (I cannot believe those two things are in the same sentence) build a vitara based engine and turn the boost up.
Isn't that why we do d series builds over everything else, because they are cheap.
Also I am not cheap where it counts, ie: roll cage, brakes, tires, safety.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thagreenteam View Post

I do want to shoot for the stars with this one but I am cheap and which ever way I go I will not sleeve the motor, I am cheap.
Gotcha. Do vitara.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Redundancy ftl.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 B20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Do you think it is normal for a 106-127 hp motor to f*ck up at 600+hp, 35-40psi of boost and 9000+ rpm? Eh....?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B20BbenN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 flyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to flyinryan122

Quote:
Originally Posted by thagreenteam View Post
Isn't that why we do d series builds over everything else, because they are cheap.
Also I am not cheap where it counts, ie: roll cage, brakes, tires, safety.
I have more into a d, than most people do thier b's. This same amount of money in a b would have me a killer SFWD/true street car....

Golden Eagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, TiAL, Hondata, CG Racing.

Quote:
Our goals are to fuck shit up with a single cam
flyinryan122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

The reason I am that way now is because just for this car alone I've had:
- ITR
- high compression fully built b20vtec
- k20z3

So, naturally I am trying to save where I can while still getting reliable power. I've already thrown so much money down the drain and it sucks.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinryan122 View Post
I have more into a d, than most people do thier b's. This same amount of money in a b would have me a killer SFWD/true street car....
The set up I am going for I am limited to a D16.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

If you understand how the RollerWaves work, you'd understand it is hands down the better alternative.

If I had the cash, fuck yeah Roller Waves.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

First off, JFK cracked stock sleeves, and on his sleeved block, he actually cracked the BLOCK.

Secondly, I doubt you are going to get Endyn to build you a bottom end unless you are very, very lucky because Larry has canned the production of the D-series rollerwaves.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

They are still listed for sale on his site.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Assuming you're doing a turbo build?

Vitara pistons are cheap and have proved to be a reliable piston in most cases. They are cast aluminum.

Endyn (Wiseco) pistons are forged and have a combustion surface that's designed to improve flame propagation.

Vitara = cheaper
Endyn = stronger, better design

Don't go Vitara unless you're turbo...only application they're good for

As far as I know Endyn still sells them. Wiseco makes them for Endyn on a as-needed basis. I certainly didn't have any problems getting mine 8 months ago. Who knows, maybe things have changed. Wouldn't surprise me...

Last edited by Paterico; 04-02-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
Assuming you're doing a turbo build?
yes, precision 6262
Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

Go vitara, they are proven. There is a new set of coated vitaras that is out. Speedfactory has some, email them.

99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

yes... Endyn Roller-Wave Pistons Coated
here u go...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...983+&viewitem=

Last edited by Magic Wheels; 04-02-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Magic Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Secondly, I doubt you are going to get Endyn to build you a bottom end unless you are very, very lucky because Larry has canned the production of the D-series rollerwaves.
this^^^

unless the roller waves are just sitting in inventory you're out of luck.
ive emailed him several times asking questions and seeing what services he still offers but he has shut down ALL of his D-series based services/products...i asked for a price on a set of roller waves before i ended up getting my arias slugs and all i got back was NO D-series....

get ahold of jfk @ sf
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheels View Post
yes... Endyn Roller-Wave Pistons Coated
here u go...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...983+&viewitem=
78mm on no sleeves and boost?

BOOM!
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in