My quest for 300fwhp, your thoughts...? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 KScivic is learning the way of the DKScivic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to KScivic
Default My quest for 300fwhp, your thoughts...?

So I've done many turbo builds, but I've never done for myself. I think I've been around long enough to know what I need to do to achieve my goal, but it never hurts to gather opinions. Here's what I'm working with...

D16Z6: stock head, stock intake manifold, stock crank, stock block.
Bored .020 over, 75.5mm Vitara pistons, FJ R SPEC I-beams, ARP head studs, OEM bearings.

Here's my plan for my build...

eBay log manifold
T3/T4 .57ar
38mm wastegate
28x6.5x2.5 intercooler
Stealthmode oil line kit
3" downpipe, 3" exhaust (no cat, resonator, or muffler)
TurboXS RFL blow-off valve
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AEM fuel pressure regulator
AEM high-flow fuel rail
Precision T&E 650cc injectors
LSD Motorsports Dragger 6-puck clutch
Cometic head gasket
Hondata
manual boost controller
boost gauge
oil pressure gauge
traction bar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KScivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

300whp?o: In that Del Sol?
dr.rusko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Looks very capable of 300 to me.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 KScivic is learning the way of the DKScivic is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.rusko View Post
300whp?o: In that Del Sol?
Yessir...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13g-crx View Post
Looks very capable of 300 to me.
I hope so, but I haven't started collecting parts yet, so it's not too late to make changes!

I was curious about block guards...? I've been meaning to do some reading, but haven't made the time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

No blockguards

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 thagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The sleeves hold up to twice what you're shooting for, so x2 on no block guard.
thagreenteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 B20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Stock fuel pressure regulator and stock rail will work fine...except you have xtra cash for bling-bling!
I'd get an ebay cast manifold (wastegate in the middle) and pick a t3t4 50 trim instead.

And I repeat, rdx injector! lol

Last edited by B20BbenN; 04-01-2011 at 02:44 PM.
B20BbenN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by B20BbenN View Post
Stock fuel pressure regulator and stock rail will work fine...except you have xtra cash for bling-bling!
I'd get an ebay cast manifold (wastegate in the middle) and pick a t3t4 50 trim instead.

Yeah we'll see on the rail and regulator once I start piling parts.

Why would you go with a .50 trim instead?

Are RDX injectors plug and play?

Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by thagreenteam View Post
The sleeves hold up to twice what you're shooting for
??? O'really...... which engine is this?

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KScivic View Post

Are RDX injectors plug and play?
A 50 trim should spool faster and still easily reach 300whp

RDX inj stuff is avail from xenocron. They require a adapter for the fuel side and one for the wire clip side

RDX Injectors, 410cc, Adapters, Clips and other Accessories

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
Old 04-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by B20BbenN View Post

rdx + adj. fuel pressure regulator = good ......rdx - adj. fuel press reg= fail

RDX Injector Info - onecamonly.com

510cc @ 58.8psi
440cc @ stock pressure......440 will not do 300whp....i went with 550's and im worried about not having enough.....go 650cc or larger....that will give you room if you decide to go for more power down the road

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Thanks for the link. It looks like the RDX injectors and the Xenocron kits cost more than Precisions...

Old 04-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Unless you can get luckyat the junk yard lol havent seen any there yet tho....

Quote:
Old 04-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 weise is almost a somebodyweise is almost a somebodyweise is almost a somebodyweise is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KScivic View Post

i second this motion.

the .50 trim will spool faster. debur/polish your turbo manifold, and turbine housing if you want and that will help with spool time if you still want the .57

if you get your motor built and still need some more power. bisi cam. best on the market as for power, kind of pricey but there are dyno tests to back up those prices

cant help you with the injectors, im still a newb in the tuning/fuel area too

goodluck with your build

[email protected] D16Y7,Y8 I.M.,DC header.full interior

Last edited by weise; 04-01-2011 at 04:17 PM.
weise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
??? O'really...... which engine is this?
JFK78 had 603whp on a stock block (Z6 i believe). He cracked a sleeve but i dont remember why... Still id say 550-600 is safe.

No blockgaurd. Extra money for something that isn't worth it IMO. Spend that money on a cam instead. Btw, nice Del Sol
Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEromy View Post
JFK78 had 603whp on a stock block (Z6 i believe). He cracked a sleeve but i dont remember why... Still id say 550-600 is safe.

No blockgaurd. Extra money for something that isn't worth it IMO. Spend that money on a cam instead. Btw, nice Del Sol
I know 2 sohc's in the 550+ range, cracked the stock sleeves almost every time they ran the car. They ran stock sleeves, stock crank, h-beams and custom pistons.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Combustion pressure alone doesn't seem to pop sleeves till that power level.

if you pop a d16 sleeve at 300-350whp then it was more than likely something abnormal happening in the combustion chamber. they handle that kinda power fine.

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 thagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:

Theirs busted because the #4 vitara piston cam apart at ~9600 rpm and broke apart from the wrist pin. The wrist pin cracked the block.

Last edited by thagreenteam; 04-01-2011 at 07:15 PM.
thagreenteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:

correct me if im wrong but i thought but he was splitting block not breaking sleeves at that hp
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

Last edited by 2drz6; 04-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Yes it was the wristpin! i knew it wasnt them tuning bad or anything.

And yeah when the wristpin broke, it cracked the sleeve and split the whole #4 cylinder off the block and trashed #3 as well. been ahwile since i seen that thread.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in