Block heater - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Block heater

Has anyone added a block heater to a turbo set up to assist with warming the block reducing engine wear? I got the idea from ecomodder
Civic Block Heater Install - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com
Any thoughts would be welcome thanks
v88dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

use a OEM oil warmer to warm the engine quicker with coolant

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

whats wrong with letting it idle for a few min?
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

I have no problem with just waiting but, just thinking of some new things to improve the car
Old 03-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!

i dont think it will improve much. i personally dont think you should be beating on the car till its up to operrating temp. and the heater will not getit that warm.

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
i dont think it will improve much. i personally dont think you should be beating on the car till its up to operrating temp. and the heater will not getit that warm.
This, i just putt around untill the temp makes it to the normal spot and is at that leval for a few min. Then it's GAME ON!!! lol
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16racereg6 View Post
Then it's GAME ON!!! lol
GAME ON!

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 03-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

Quote:
GAME ON!
CAR!!!!

party on garth

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

glad someone got it hahaha

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 ar151666 is learning the way of the Dar151666 is learning the way of the D

Its actually better for the engine to have a block heater than it is to drive around to operating temp. Its not only easier on the engine but it also saves you gas. I'd get one fo sho...

course, it depends on where you live too
Old 03-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

i live in sunny california, it still takes my a few minutes for engine to warm up, i just want sooner time to game on!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by v88dx View Post
i live in sunny california, it still takes my a few minutes for engine to warm up, i just want sooner time to game on!
running rich much? I remember when i first got my D15B swap I would drive all the way to work (60 or so miles away) in the morning and it would never warm up. Then I chipped the P28 ECU with P08 maps and everything got warm in the time it should and I got better gas mileage. Right now I have an integra radiator and my car still warms up fairly quickly and it's at 14.7~ AFR at idle.. So I say there is an underlying problem. Perhaps the thermostat is stuck open?

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

its not running to rich, still need to add my 1000cc injectors and boost solinoid before its go time, and the thermo is new so thats prob not it
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

what does it idle at? if you have a wideband. it should be around 14.7:1 at idle no need to add more fuel that low

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

about 750 ish and its at 14.4 i think
Old 03-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes

if you lived in minnesota it would be useful but not living in cali.
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

ESPECIALLY IN CALI, its not needed. AT ALL. /thread

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I get it...warm the engine up, let the oil thin out a bit before you pump it through your turbo and whatnot...but unless your area regularly gets below 20F then you're just being overly paranoid IMO. Buy the right viscosity oil for your environment.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Guess im just being silly, thanks guys
Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all

Quote:
glad someone got it hahaha
Yeah because it went wayy over my head lmao.
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in