Boosting d15b7 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Boosting d15b7

hey guys im new here.. just a few questions i got a 94 eg hatch and i wanna eventually boost it.. i wanna keep the motor stock and just run small boost.. my engine has 315k on it but runs mint and strong. is that too many k to boost? or should i get a lower k motor? im just gunna peice together a turbo kit i just wanna know whatts involed what turbo should i get? do i need a bigger fuel pump? injectors? or what? thanks for any imput guys i appreciate it alot!
bacic101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
Send a message via AIM to sloK

while the search button is a great tool, im a nice guy and will help you out. if you are to do a small turbo set up... and i do mean SMALL turbo... and make roughly 150-175hp, you should be fine the way you are.. but i wouldnt think twice to look into getting a lower mileage motor to do a simple stock rebuild on to boost like a D16Z6 or even another D15B7.

you can do a "junkyard" set up with a HF manifold, adapter plate and a number of small stock turbochargers and have a fun little set up. and even on a small set up like that i would still recommend atleast 450cc injectors and a walbro 255 intank fuel pump. the biggest portion of basicly any set up is the tune. a bad tune even on the strongest of motors will have the motor blow, so when you go to tune the car make sure it is from a reputable tuner with many good reviews from other clients. there are a number of different tuning programs availible, but when you want to get to the better programs you will spend more to get more... if that makes sense.

i know there are plenty of people on this site running high mileage turbo cars on stock motors with no problems, iv seen a stock Z6 making 186hp run for 5 years with 200K+ on the clock with not one single problem. its really your call on it, but its never bad to have another spare sitting around just incase something wrong does happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

IMHO I would get another stock block to boost. You can get another block and put everything together, then when your ready to tune it just swap motors and go. READ THIS https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...ere-first.html
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
302hp/262TQ

crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

mileage isnt a concern. the health of the motor is the big player.

Id keep the turbo small. a K03 would be plenty, and have you see around 150-160whp, which is plenty to get around town in.

It would not hurt to find a cheap backup motor first though

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

all i want out this is around 150 -160 hp just something fun but reliable too as for the high k engine if it blows ill just get a low k one there really cheap anyway or i would get a d16z6.. what turbo would work good? i hear ppl using turbos off eagle talons and eclipces.. ill check around the form now anyway but thanks for the input again
bacic101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Grab an extra engine for the corner just in case if it is your daily driver.

I'm getting ready to boost a d15b2 with hf manifold and 16g, but I have an extra motor chilling.

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

dont use a DSM turbo. the size makes it pointless if you want power and reliability. no point of a turbo swap if you can only use it if you rev up.

go on ebay

K03 or K04 turbo

nice, small, and spools fast. you can actually feel boost before 2000 rpm

you will need to have a machine shop make a flange or flange adapter though, its not a common flange for turbos

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

If you can find a used one, grab the turbo from the newer Mini Cooper S.
Should spool REALLY early and make maybe 150whp.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

just hit the local junk yards up and search for an old sabb turbo or sumthing in that catagory..you can prolly find a decent amount of stuff in some yards..cheap build to..if ur not smokin nor burning then you should be fine..just get a proper tune..but like others say id buy another motor or block to have as a back up..gl
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

best way to check, do a compression test, if it all checks out then go for boost, if not just run it till it pops and then swap it
Bobby17772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
dont use a DSM turbo. the size makes it pointless if you want power and reliability. no point of a turbo swap if you can only use it if you rev up.
Are you really referring to DSM t25/t28/16G as a Large turbo? You will have slightly higher RPMS than a K03/4, but really, compared to an actually LARGE turbo, the RPMS you will see boost/full boost in are exceptionally LOW.

A DSM turbo would suit your needs well

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
turbo d15b7 civic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in