Issues after tune... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ğ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ğ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 İurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to İurbow
Question Issues after tune...

So i have not got in touch with my tuner yet so i though i would ask on here...

ISSUE 1:
On the way back from getting my car tuned i noticed that when i let off of the throttel under load the vacume pilsated (See video) Any thoughts?

ISSUE 2:
I run a TurboXS RFL BOV. In the past it has acted normal and blowen off like it should under just about any psi. Now when driving it wants to flutter (kinda sounding like a HKS). The only time it bloes off fully is under greater pressure. Ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
İurbow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Have you checked for leaks yet?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sloK

is there any kind of adjustment on the BOV like on the greddy ones? also with your vacuum jumping like that it could be making the BOV open and shut under low boost pressures.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Your gauge could be super sensitive also. There is a "little" fluctuation as the motor works, but that seems excessive.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 İurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatness

i have adjusted the gauge to see if that corrected the issue and had no luck.

its not the gauge i have been running it for about 5 years.

might be a leak i need to track down.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

does your BOV's top screw off? i had a RFL and a couple times it worked its way loose and i could easily unscrew the tophalf of it. and that would make it not work under low boost but at high boost. it would flutter out the turbo and not the BOV. try tightening it and see if it fixes it. that would also be a VAC leak there too!
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I spoke with my tuner today and he said that he could fix the issue with the vac pulsating.

Now on the BOV issue... He was saying that in CO, seeing that we are at a higher elevation for some reason vac is different so i need a lighter spring.

So i took all of the washers out of the BOV to make it as light as it could be. It made it better but it is still doing it. SO....... should i cut the spring down a little at a time until it corrects the issue?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by İurbow View Post
I spoke with my tuner today and he said that he could fix the issue with the vac pulsating.

Now on the BOV issue... He was saying that in CO, seeing that we are at a higher elevation for some reason vac is different so i need a lighter spring.

So i took all of the washers out of the BOV to make it as light as it could be. It made it better but it is still doing it. SO....... should i cut the spring down a little at a time until it corrects the issue?
no dont cut the spring. i ran the rfl for a while with no washers in it...and it always worked kinda funny so i went to the hks.

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I see.... Well, time to fork out some more dang $$$ on something else!

Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
msa
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

thats not the bov, ive had a few cars do that, check for random vac leaks
msa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

i agree it should not be the bov. you prolly have a vac leak somewhere.
boost leak test the car and spray soapy water all over the vac lines and see if you find any leaks
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

check the vacumme line to the bov.....i had a similer problem with my blitz, i had the lines tee'd and running a somewhat small vac line.....it would blow off nice and hard above 8psi, under its sounded like an hks.....it was the bov not opening enough and the boost comming back out the turbo....i ran a dedicated bigger vac line to the bov and that 100% fixed the problem

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

you sure its the BOV and not the WG?

Had similar problem on my civic, with fluttering sound, and had to adjust cam timing which pretty much eliminated it.

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

From where are you getting that boost signal from? Mechanical gauge?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I'll do some more looking into the BOV however, the issue did improve once I loosened it up all the way.

The gauge is electronic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in