Why is my 450s maxing out and only 178 hp - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 gtmack23 will become famous soon enoughgtmack23 will become famous soon enoughgtmack23 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gtmack23
Default Why is my 450s maxing out and only 178 hp

At the tuner right now and on 9 lbs im only making 178 hp and thers at 1%8 percent duty cycle need help aton the dyno right now
330 whp
Owner + Founder of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- check it out
Build it, Tune it, Run it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gtmack23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 gtmack23 will become famous soon enoughgtmack23 will become famous soon enoughgtmack23 will become famous soon enough

138 percent sorry

Need help walbro pump and stock rail
330 whp
Owner + Founder of
<-- check it out

Last edited by krychek57; 03-24-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sloK

what motor and set up do you have? the duty cycle on those is way way high, most aftermarket injectors are tested at 90% duty cycle.

Quote:
no restrictor!

how is oil going to damage a steel ring? it wont.
am i the only one who is on the same page as danz!?!?!?!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

especially since most other platforms require complete stand alones!
sloK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

at 178hp your not maxing 450cc injectors out...they have been used for 300hp builds...if he doesnt know how to adjust duty cycle in your tuning program maybe you should get a new tuner. just my $.02

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX

Last edited by xxjdmcivicek9xx; 03-24-2011 at 12:53 PM.
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Vitara set up stock head, h beams and vitara pistons. After a couple pulls the tuner should me on the computer it was saying 138 duty cycle he claims he opened them all the way
330 whp
Owner + Founder of
<-- check it out

Old 03-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 sloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunnasloK is da #1 stunna

well those injectors are working EXTREAMLY hard. in all actuality they should max about 300hp, but if you have a weak set up or possibly worn out injectors they are going to have to work harder to make the same power.

Quote:
no restrictor!

Quote:
s300 is worth the money over crome. crome is terrible and i have a feeling people over the pond have more brains than to cheap out on management like most over on this side.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

He is saying something not right maybe i need new injectors? He said get a gauge and fuel pressure regulator
330 whp
Owner + Founder of
<-- check it out

Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmack23 View Post
Vitara set up stock head, h beams and vitara pistons. After a couple pulls the tuner should me on the computer it was saying 138 duty cycle he claims he opened them all the way
hes actually pushing them past what they should be. if they are used injectors they could have been pushed too hard for too long before you got them

Quote:
no restrictor!

Quote:

Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano

you shouldnt need a FPR...fuel pressure gauge is a good idea. unless your shooting for super high hp, my 300whp vitara setup is still running on a stock fuel rail and fpr. the only way i could see those being at that duty cycle is, like slok said worn out/clogged?? or your running E85 and not telling us

Last edited by xxjdmcivicek9xx; 03-24-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Im only looking to make 300 so ill just get a guage see where it goes from there
330 whp
Owner + Founder of
<-- check it out

Old 03-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmack23 View Post
Im only looking to make 300 so ill just get a guage see where it goes from there
thats a good place to start. IIRC they fuel pressure should be set at 40-45 with the vacuum line off.

Quote:
no restrictor!

Quote:

Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

You make no mention of what your AFRs are. Your tuner could be boogering things up so badly that the wideband is reading lean, when you have way too much fuel going through.

So, I suggest troubleshooting your tuner first, because 130% duty cycle should mean that you are well below 10:1 AFR.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Afr is holding 11.6 to 12 when pull in 3rd gear
330 whp
Owner + Founder of
<-- check it out

Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

if 3rd is the closest to 1:1 gear ratio then thats okay, but its normally 4th gear....

11.6 is a little on the rich side, but not too bad. 12:1 is where it should be. is he running like no freaking timing on your set up?

Quote:
no restrictor!

Quote:

Old 03-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

im sure he didnt adjust old injector size 240 to new injector size 450 .. so it would most likely be 138% on stock 240 readings.

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.
owneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owneyboy View Post
im sure he didnt adjust old injector size 240 to new injector size 450 .. so it would most likely be 138% on stock 240 readings.
and if that's the case, i wouldn't trust anything else to be tuned by him...especially when a NoOb on DSO can figure it out... jk!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

thats very well possible. would be very embarissing on his part...

Quote:
no restrictor!

Quote:

Old 03-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Uhh yeah. The numbers in my sig are on 450's and it put down 340 dynojet whp at 95% duty and 2 stuck open lol. Had to smack them with an extension and mallet to get it to idle again haha. Your tuner is doing something wrong! 300whp is no problem on 450's. I'm going on like 5 years with this set at 15-18psi daily.

Edit: stock head, z6, eagles and vitaras.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

So question isnt 138 % unheard of like for example if you are close to maxing out the injectors u would be at like say 80% right
330 whp
Owner + Founder of
<-- check it out

Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

yes. 80% duty cycle you are getting close to having them maxed out. when you run them too high then they can and will pre-maturely fail and wear. most tuners wont push the injectors that far.

Quote:
no restrictor!

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in