d16z6 vitara build wont start help! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d16z6 vitara build wont start help!

i got a problem help guys thanks.
so i just recently installed my vitara with i beam rods and it turns starts with me constantly hold the gas but when i let go it dies.
what could be the problem i checked the timing belt couple times its correct i have fuel into the system i got spark and brand new spark plugs torqued down. Couldnt it be my tune? its on a turbo set up right now and i got 440 injectors in it tunes too 440 injectors the day i was at the dyno with a stock block now i put everything in the way it was and it wont stay on any help me thanks.!!!
tonyquach01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

always start with the simple stuff first, like fuses, etc. Could be the injector offset on the map. Vitaras have low compression. I might have a basemap for the RC440cc high imp that i did on mines a while back ill have to look for it though.
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Check your mechanical timing.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

i marked my timing on the dizzy im sure i got the timing correct im thinking of changing the ecu too a p06 and run stock injectors what do u guys think?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Did you check the mechanical timing at the cam gear as well?
blackcherry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

yes sir i should check it again just in case huh? i swapped out all the injectors too stock and put a p06 ecu in its the same thing now it cranks but wont start feels like not enough energy to start the car
Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 d16y8guy is learning the way of the Dd16y8guy is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i think a guy had the same problem a while back and it was his cam do you have a different cam on the car.

Last edited by d16y8guy; 03-16-2011 at 07:17 PM.
d16y8guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Once you install resistors in-line, or by resistor box, for the DSM 440ccs you can't run stock injectors unless you remove the resistor source

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

i wasnt running dsm injectors i had saturated injectors that didnt need resistors everything was running before at the dyno and i spun a rod now i built the bottom end and i dont know where my problem lies.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

A major vacuum leak could cause it to stall without having the throttle open
Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

ahh I read wrong, my bad, thought I saw u had dsm 440ccs. What map sensor are you running?

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Hopefully a stock map if its on a stock ecu
Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 TurboCivic95 is learning the way of the DTurboCivic95 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboCivic95

Did you change your map sensor from stock to a 3 or 4 bar? If your tune was on the stock sensor and you replaced it without re-tuning, it will run like shit.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

so guess what guys the cars running now!!! my map sensor was stock i tuned it on 7psi and it spun a rod during the dyno im guessing the tuning wasnt so good because that motor died when i put in the 440 injectors with my p28 chipped it ran like shit but when i used my p06 ecu with stock injects it runs fine!! my problem was i didnt give it enough gas too start the car it needed some help once i revd it up too like 3500 rpm i let go it handled itself and adjusted itself im glad i got it over with it took me the whole day thanks guys for all the help and concern i hope the car goes good.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

A slightly discharged battery has done that to me before a few times.... really weird IMO
Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Haha i know i kept checking my battery it was like 12.09v haha pretty close to being bad so i went to my tuner today to check out what was going on with my car i found out i had a bad injector which made my car misfired stupid ebay so now im just going too break in my car for 500 miles or so then buy some rc injectors and tune!! the beast
Old 03-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

You spun a rod bearing just after a rebuild? What was your clearances for the main?
Beavertonj2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

what happen i never spon a bearing just after my rebuild i was running a stock d16z6 completely stock before and i brought it too tune with my turbo kit and i handed them the 440 injectors i bought brand new which 1 wasnt working makes it misfires crazy. which i didnt know till i builted a new block with vitara and those custom length rods realizing the injectors were bad you get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in