Boosted , but STUMPED! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Boosted , but STUMPED!

So ..

I will break this down as best as i can .
Own a 95' DX . automatic/d15 .
Bought a 94' SI . manual/d16

Specs : walboro/chipped ecu/450 dsm

Swapped motor and tranny from the SI to the DX.
Now i have photos on my phone that i will update with but the engine bracket attached to the frame on the passenger side is completely different . what mount do i use?
Swap is finished with some temp modification to the mount, and i can't get it to turn over .
- Injectors are spraying
- Spark plugs are firing
New cap/rotor, plugs.
I was told the ecu is tuned for 450cc injectors/ walboro. is this where my issue lies , now this is what i was told the tune is for ; is there anyway for me to find out ? should i retune ? the ecu is a chipped p06
Donedreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Any help is very much appreciated !
Old 03-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1

Rep Power: 9 Burton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If you have gas and spark then there should be an explosion o_O check timing and if you have to pop the ecu open see if its been chipped, find someone with an eprom reader,
Burton6431 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

You will need an auto to manual swap mount for a manual trans going in to a automatic car. Otherwise the trans will sit up like 3-4" higher than normal putting the engine at a weird angle.
http://hasport.com/store/index.php/egamh.html

Are you sure it's sparking and what not. Also you did not mention if you have a resistor box in place to run your DSM injectors. They will not function properly with out the resistor box or resistors soldered in-line with the harness.

Even if it was a stock EPROM with DSM 450s it would run, just run like ass.

Car will also not run if the EPROM does not have the correct MAP sensor selected. On the same foot if your MAP sensor is defective it will not run.

A little more specs on setup plz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by torturedsol; 03-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

yeah we need more info before we can tell whats actually going on, i would suggest cutting jumper j1 would allow you to run on the stock factory eeprom settings and be just like a stock car

that little red jumper in the pic is the jumper you need to either cut or add a jumper in there.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

He went from auto to manual. I bet its his neutral safety switch not being there because it was a auto trans. Find a way to bypass it.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 EG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like BoratEG-MIKE smells like Borat
Send a message via AIM to EG-MIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedreamin View Post
So ..

I will break this down as best as i can .
Own a 95' DX . automatic/d15 .
Bought a 94' SI . manual/d16

Specs : walboro/chipped ecu/450 dsm

Swapped motor and tranny from the SI to the DX.
Now i have photos on my phone that i will update with but the engine bracket attached to the frame on the passenger side is completely different . what mount do i use? if you still have the SI as a donor use that mount
Swap is finished with some temp modification to the mount, and i can't get it to turn over .
- Injectors are spraying
- Spark plugs are firing
New cap/rotor, plugs.
I was told the ecu is tuned for 450cc injectors/ walboro. is this where my issue lies , now this is what i was told the tune is for ; is there anyway for me to find out ? should i retune ? the ecu is a chipped p06
im not positive but isnt the p06 a non vtec e.c.u if its chipped you gotta makes sure its setup for vtec.
check your timing.
check all your grounds
make sure your plugs on the back of your intake manifold arent mixed up.
i had a couple more things i was thinking of but forgot if they come back to me i'll post them out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EG-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I'm going to do some more diagnosing today and will most definitely update with some photos / videos.

buttt , I worked the dsm injector clips into the existing harness can anyone confirm wire-wire ? if I had them wired wrong would they fire ? and yes I did wire up a resistor box .

the motor ran perfect under the original p28 ecu it came with , just amongst all this mayhem ( did the swap in a week , in a driveway , in the middle of a Canadian winter) I accidentally forgot to snag the ecu and it's now in the middle of a junkyard lol .

do the map sensors go frequently on this motor , EPROM could be the issue ? timing was never touched , grounds are fine or it wouldn't even crank . plugs on the back of the intake manifold ? I broke the dummy light wire while installing the feed line but that shouldn't be the culprit .
Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
He went from auto to manual. I bet its his neutral safety switch not being there because it was a auto trans. Find a way to bypass it.
i was thinking the same
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano

So the engine will CRANK, but WILL NOT start correct?

Or how do you know you have spark if the motor wont turn over? There is a difference between the engine cranking/turning over and Just not starting

Does it sound like it catches, or hits a hard sport while cranking?

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

who would have an EPROM reader ? where can I purchase one ?
the motor does crank , its caught once or twice but nothing to get excited about .
next update will include a video of the injectors firing
Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano

I say this ALL THE TIME, but it holds true

CHeck the order of your spark plugs wires on the distributor itself. make sure they are in the correct order, and then make sure they are in the correct HOLE/PORT on the distributor.

If they are in the wrong port, you'll still get spark, it will crank, but never start.

It happened to me on my build lol

And make sure you have gas lol

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Ive gone over my plug order numerous times . I can't see that being the culprit ill include a photo of that for the next update . I thought it may have been gas originally , it's currently just under a half tank ; which should be enough lol ??
Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Just double checking here, you're not trying to run stock 240cc injectors with an ecu chipped for 450cc's are you? It never has been stated what injectors you're running.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Now , i'm 99% one of my injectors are wired wrong. but i dont have a multimeter to check; hopefully someone can point out where i went wrong . at least to narrow it down .
Thanks for all the responses , much appreciated

Old 03-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1

Rep Power: 9 Burton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enough

I dont see a resister box wired with those injectors, also looks like a new cap/rotor? wats that cardboard crap on ur motor?
Burton6431 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

yeah for real? wtf? also FIX THOSE FUCKING INJECTOR WIRES ASAP GOD FUCKING FUCK.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Bro i'm diagnosing why my motor won't start . obviously what you see isn't permanent lol , nor did it look anything like that BEFORE i had to tear it apart.

and how the fuck would you expect to see a resistor box in any of those photos ??
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

I think I spotted the fail in your pics.

No need for a jumper/conversion harness there.

OBD-1 chassis + OBD-1 ECU = no need for conversion harness.

As long as his shift indicator is at park he will be able to run his engine in the auto chassis.

Injector wiring, I'm no where close to useful on. I used bizzar's radioshack resistor mod for all my stuff. Most autoparts stores have a cheap multimeter that will be in the ballpark of correct voltage you can use for around $20USD. If you injectors are squirting then I'd say you did something right there.

Curious to how you confirmed spark. Pull a wire and listin for the arcing or do you have one of the spark testers. If you do, what color was the spark or how bright was the light inside.

edit: I know this might sound stupid but check to see if you mixed the TPS and MAP plugs up. They both fit on each other and the car will not run if they are mixed up. Happened to me before. Double check the ground cable that is supposed to be bolted to the thermostat housing also

Last edited by torturedsol; 03-15-2011 at 07:46 PM.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in