Full throttle = no throttle? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Full throttle = no throttle?

Hey guys so heres the problem i have a 98 ex coupe with a boosted y8 i finally got all the parts for the ecu(p28, conversion harness, and a custom chip) however when i give it full throttle it bogs and doesn't accelerate how ever if i barley touch the throttle it will pull and climb all the way to the top but its not as fast as it was before also i just had the motor rebuilt and have 800 miles on it so far the specs of the chip are stock 240cc injectors no rev or speed limiter no o2 or knock sensors and vtec engagement @ 4.5k do you think its the chip or does it need to be dyno tuned oh yeah its boosted on 10psi on a ebay turbo any info is appreciated thanks.
DannyD16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Im confused you just got all the parts for P28 conversion, you said it ran fine before, was it tuned differently before or just stock??? is the new chip/tune the prob

Seems pretty obvios tho 240cc injectors probably arent doin the trick with 10psi... 240cc is what my y8 had stock, how about some 450's

Im not much of an expert tho
Old 03-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

boost cut? lean protection?

get a tune brosef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah it was stock p2p and drove better and faster also i could give it full throttle and it would take off i just couldnt get the top end for some reason i thought it was because of it not being chipped. I'm new to the boosted world so i dont really have any knowledge about the system besides the obvious stuff.

It's running super rich. Will the tune fix all of that?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 flyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatness
Send a message via MSN to flyinryan122

Wait, Turbo... 10psi.. STOCK injectors?

Golden Eagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, TiAL, Hondata, CG Racing.

Quote:
Our goals are to fuck shit up with a single cam
flyinryan122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

You need to stop driving the car asap. You are going to cause a lot of damage or blow it up if you haven't already.
You NEED a tune. No if's and's or but's about it. You are going to need bigger injectors as well and possibly a walbro 255 fuel pump too... What is this "chip" your talking about? Who wrote the map for it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Umm yeah i figured as much i bought the car like this and have gradually replaced everything that has broken when i got it the bottom end was blown along with a rod so i got a whole new block and when i turned it on the turbo oil feed line gasket blew shooting out all my oil in the street and ended up spinning all the bearings so i had a mechanic rebuild it all this time and that is what he told me i needed to do(get the chipped p2 so i got a p28 off of CL and ordered a chip from some guy on ebay idk it seemed legit i gave him all the specs and yeah thats where im at now what would the ideal size injectors be to make around 220whp?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Ebay chip = bad idea

Unless you found someone who is writing a base map based on your setup. But still on stock injectors @ 10-si you are looking at catastrophic failure in the near future. Get that chip (hopefully it is rewritable) installed, get some bigger injectors, and get your shit tuned. If you cared enough to have your block rebuilt properly you should protect your investment and get it tuned properly.

DSM 450s or RC 440s ... or similar sized injectors (coupled with a walbro 255 fuel pump) will be sufficient to get you to 220whp with a little room to grow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Well it was based off my setup and thankfully it is a rewritable chip and yeah i paid 1k rebuilding that thing! But yeah thanks for the input and suggestions.

Do i need to buy the plugs with the injectors or should mine be plug and play? Also do i need a resistor box?

Last edited by DannyD16; 03-14-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

dsm injectors will work just need to file down a tab on the inside of the injector clip.
with dsm injectors you will need a resistor box.
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsohc View Post
dsm injectors will work just need to file down a tab on the inside of the injector clip.
with dsm injectors you will need a resistor box.
Or if you end up with low impedance injectors for some reason.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

also this is the only fuel pump i can find is it universal?
New Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump kit for Subaru WRX & STi - eBay (item 150577041977 end time Apr-13-11 08:51:32 PDT)
Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinryan122 View Post
wait, turbo... 10psi.. Stock injectors?
^^^^^^^^ cant agree more~!!!!!

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

No rev limiter huh? your a cool guy.

cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Well its actually @7.8k didn't feel like typing it. Trolling a help post your the coolist guy. I don't want a rev limiter so i can take it all the way to 11k and make super power! (sarcastic if you didn't know) Keep your asshole comments to yourself.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 qweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regularqweakers is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 56 reviews

where are you at in NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyD16 View Post
Well its actually @7.8k didn't feel like typing it. Trolling a help post your the coolist guy. I don't want a rev limiter so i can take it all the way to 11k and make super power! (sarcastic if you didn't know) Keep your asshole comments to yourself.
hey know play nice, where trying to help you but the quickest way to piss someone off on here is being a newb and smarting off
88 crx si y-49
93 ACURA INTEGRA LS
93 civic cx, poor mans type r, stroked, jrsc (coming soon)

Last edited by qweakers; 03-14-2011 at 06:59 PM.
qweakers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweakers View Post
where are you at in NM

hey know play nice, where trying to help you but the quickest way to piss someone off on here is being a newb and smarting off
Lol i got the answers i needed and ive been nice about it even tho most of these post make me sound retarded but that one was just pointless and a stab at me so yeah ima smart off idc he didnt help me lol and im in rio rancho.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

First off, get yourself some injectors...450s or 550s perhaps from a DSM. Perhaps since you can actually drive that pile of impending doom, drive it to a tuner, having them install the injectors and resistor box, and have them tune it ASAP. Or you'll end up with just that...a pile of parts.

The reason you are accelerating @ WOT is because you are not tuned for it and your stock injectors are not helping. Plus perhaps your TPS is not set correctly.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in