down pipe and dump tube thru hood question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost
Default down pipe and dump tube thru hood question

Thinkin very seriously on doing this setup on my hatch when she gets back from the body shop

Here the question:

Can I use some kind of butterflyes on the top of the 3 inches dp?? I have seen this caps on some dragster cars, I dont want to get water on my dp in case of rain, same for the dump tube??? I'll look like shit ?? lol

something like this:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto

Last edited by Hugo Boost; 03-12-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Are you looking at driving around with this setup? My buddy is currently doing the same thing... But he has a dp and dump that will exit through the hood for events, and then a regular dp and dump to drive around on.... Before anyone mentions he will be driving around with 2 holes in his hood, he has 2 hoods as well lol..

I really would suggest not driving around with an exhaust setup like that... All it takes is you parking your car at a store and someone shoving something in there to mess shit up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....

I just drive the car to the track and back home, but don't have roof on my garage,

better to get a car cover, and easy ???

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto

Old 03-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

If its just for storage id pick up a car cover and then you can just put something over top of them when its sitting

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Id just make some sort of caps out of steel you can set on them to keep rain out while youre parked. If youre driving it enough for that to be a pain I would just not do it in general
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Instead of going threw the hood why not exit it out the side of the front bumper? And then use sheet metal and rivets around the holes. Something kind of like this, IMO looks a lot cleaner.

2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

Last edited by iFanatic.User; 03-12-2011 at 08:50 AM.
iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i was always iffy on this..if you dont have a roof on your garage or a correct shelter i wouldnt do it..but if its what you want then just tarp it up..but its gonna get old every time you park it your gonna have to tarp it..and yea you can use the butterflys..looks pretty bad ass when it comes out the side of the bumper to
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

only reason i didnt hood dump is because of rain and no garage.... hell,i live in vancouver!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

4"" down pipe thru the hood, with a 2''' dump tube should look dope, imho

Have a friend with a dragster, if he have one exta flap for me , I'll try.

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 03-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

through the hood would be sick!!! how bout doing the old trucker way. when i used to work at a concrete plant and it rained we put old coffee cans over the stacks. ghetto but worked!!!
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I rather do a bumper dumper looks cooler when the flame coming from the side and not the top.
D2ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 gsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gsxtuner Send a message via Yahoo to gsxtuner

Through the bumper is very popular amoung DSMers and done with care looks very very clean. Being your situation i'd steer away from the hood idea.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

BUMPER!!
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i say hood
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

You could do what farmers do to their tractors when their not using their them. Put an old coffee can over the pipe.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

i am doing a hood exit exhaust on my next setup. if the car is going to be parked outdise it will have something wrapped over the exhaust and also the car cover will be on it.
ive thought about trying to make some sort of flapper. or cap for the hood. but idk how i would go to making it.
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Just carry a softball with you and stick it in there when you get out. Just don't forget to remove it before you fire the car up again lol.
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 flyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatness
Send a message via MSN to flyinryan122

Fender exit haha jk.

All I do is stuff a rag in there. No water makes it past the rag. That's how I wash the car, and it sat in a rain storm for a few hours before it got tuned.

Golden Eagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, TiAL, Hondata, CG Racing.

Quote:
Our goals are to fuck shit up with a single cam
flyinryan122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in