Greddy turbo kit questions... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2
Default Greddy turbo kit questions...

did greddy ever make a bolt on kit for the del sol? if not, would the greddy tdo4 15g kit for a 95 ex, d16z6, fit on a 95 del sol si, d16z6?

also, whats the differance between the 92-95 15g, and the 96-00 19t(i believe?)?
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 93DSolS is learning the way of the D93DSolS is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Yes it'll fit.
Im using the greddy 15g turbo and manifold for my del sol.
93DSolS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94EXa2 View Post
did greddy ever make a bolt on kit for the del sol? if not, would the greddy tdo4 15g kit for a 95 ex, d16z6, fit on a 95 del sol si, d16z6?
Yes, the 15G kit will fit a Del Sol.

The kit in general will bolt to any D16, Y or Z.

I've no idea on the 19T kit, I've only had experience with the 15G kit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

thought the 19t was the b-series version of the kit?

oh well, its over priced and under powered anyway....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

It fits as I have one on my 94 Sol

Honestly, the kit isn't that bad. I picked mine up for less than $700(used of course). If you have light power goals it'll get you up to an easy 200ish whp.

Been reading up, when upgrade time comes, they say the disco potato bolts on for some real fun

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

you can get good numbers from a 15g greddy kit on a build motor, I ran low 13's on my del sol with that kit.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

The 15g kit is the 92-95 and the 19t is the 96-00. The 19t will carry power a little bit better up top but it isn't better enough to justify picking one over the other when you find a used one for sale.

The b kits came with either an 18g or 20g.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....

get the 15g kit, and the upgrade the turbo for a 18g, great numbers for sure, for a a/c copmtabile kit.

I'll be doing that on my wagovan

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Old 03-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
thought the 19t was the b-series version of the kit?

oh well, its over priced and under powered anyway....
Like said the 19T kit is the 96-00 version. It comes with the bigger 19T turbo and a set of 320cc injectors (if I remember the size correctly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Boost View Post
get the 15g kit, and the upgrade the turbo for a 18g, great numbers for sure, for a a/c copmtabile kit.

I'll be doing that on my wagovan
The only thing with upgrading to a 18g is that your going to need to shave the block a bit so the turbo will clear and then run the elbow and the downpipe from the 18g.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

Last edited by iFanatic.User; 03-12-2011 at 07:09 AM.
iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFanatic.User View Post
The only thing with upgrading to a 18g is that your going to need to shave the block a bit so the turbo will clear and then run the elbow and the downpipe from the 18g.
exactly

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 03-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough

ok cool. im thinking of picking up this clean stock 94 del sol si d16z6 5m/t. i plan to rebuild a jdm d15b and bolt on the greddy kit with ported elbow 2.5" dp, and exhaust. id be more than happy with 180 hp from a 1.5l sohc!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

It'll get you there fo sho.

Just got my email from gpop shop. Upgrade your 15g unit to a 16 or 18g is around $400. Includes machining, balancing and all new parts. I looked in to this as an alternative to buying a 16/18g turbo since they are a tad differant. You would have to clock the cold side to mate to your existing greddy pipes and would then throw off your internal wastegate mounting. Not giving gpop shop a plug or anything but they did good on my toyota ct-26a rebuild and their t3 rebuild kit worked well on punkbombs fleabay turbo rebuild.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I wouldn't say overpriced. I managed to sell my blue box for 300 bucks, so all in all 1200 for brand new quality components that take the guesswork out for you. Even cheaper if you buy used.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Hey since this is a Greddy kit questions thread I have a question..... Does somebody make a oil line kit for the Greddy kit 15g??? Do people run restrictors with this kit??

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
I wouldn't say overpriced. I managed to sell my blue box for 300 bucks, so all in all 1200 for brand new quality components that take the guesswork out for you. Even cheaper if you buy used.

yeah i plan on runnin the blue box till i get my chipped p28 and get to a dyno. then ima sell the blue box
Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
Hey since this is a Greddy kit questions thread I have a question..... Does somebody make a oil line kit for the Greddy kit 15g??? Do people run restrictors with this kit??
The restrictor is kinda built in to the banjobolt. I'm sure you could find an alternative feed line kit for it

Old 03-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

I have the banjo fitting but no oil line...

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

what kinda power does the stock 15g kit w/ blue box make on stock z6's? basically around 180-200?

what kinda gains can be had if i port the greddy manifold, the greddy elbow and get a 2.5" downpipe made/switch to chipped p28?

i plan to slap the greddy kit with the blue box on a stock z6, and rebuild a jdm d15b on the side with ported d15b vtec head/IM. and port the greddy mani, elbow and get a 2.5"dp, and switching the blue box out for a chipped p28 once i can get to the dyno. i plan to use the stock greddy 15g kit/fmic, ported mani, elbow, 2.5" downpipe, 2.5" high flow cat, 2.5" mandrel piping, 2.5" resonator, (probably a 2.5" e-cutout after the resonator) and an 05-06 rsx-s muffler. hopefully a dc5 itr muffler if i can find one. on a rebuilt "stock" jdm d15b block, ported d15b head/im, maybe bisi 1.2(i think) turbo cam/gear and a d15b/z6 s20 trans with lsd, resurfaced fly wheel and a stage one clutch. i should be able to break 200Whp on a dynotuned p28, correct
Old 03-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 iFanatic.User is learning the way of the DiFanatic.User is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I think the usual power with the blue box will be 160whp or so on stock PSI. But don't quote me on that.
2000 Civic Coupe - Stock y8 - Daily

My For Sale Thread:

iFanatic.User is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

I think the norm like said above is around 160 whp with the blue box. I see no reason 200 whp isn't do able once you up the boost, do the accompanying mods you mentioned, and get a good tune. IIRC levi was running the 15g kit and was making 250 ish whp and about the same tq

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in